Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben_since_1971

Show me the data that supports that we have had a huge spike in overall deaths in the US over the monthly rolling averages from 2017,2018,2019 and I will agree with you. Considering the CDC conveniently stopped reporting from April -July 2020 it is VERY convenient. This is not as bad as the media is play it to be. I agree that it has a certain age group that is susceptible but lock downs for everyone is foolish.

Talk about non sequitir replies........... :rolleyes:

Castmbr

New CDC report shows 94% of COVID-19 deaths in U.S. had contributing conditions

I hate it when I am right..... Mom censored/deleted the rest of my posts on this thread because there apparently are no adults and no freedom of ideas.

BTW - I have been banned from this thread because I dare disagree with the mob.

Last edited:

Ben_since_1971

New CDC report shows 94% of COVID-19 deaths in U.S. had contributing conditions

I hate it when I am right.....
I don’t think we are disputing that many covid related deaths (such as what could have happened to my father) had comorbidities. What we are disputing is the claim that the remaining 6% is the true covid death number and therefore the whole pandemic is overblown. That is just plain wrong.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Exactly! How many restaurants and other businesses, especially small locally-owned businesses, will have to permanently close their doors because of the financial hit?

And how many aren't rebounding even though their state has started to open things up? People stay home in a pandemic. The idea that there wouldn't be an economic hit if we just kept things open is blatantly refuted by businesses having rough times because their employees are sick or because their customers aren't out shopping.

WDW is open and can't reach their capacity, as reduced as it is, on weekdays. People hunker down.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
US hotel occupancy recently broke 50% for the first time since this started. This is encouraging news. But still a long way to go. Way below pre Covid still.
That is pretty good. Considering major hotel spots like Hawaii, Vegas and Orlando are still hurting and business travel is still way down that‘s a promising number. This doesn’t apply to WDW but hotel discounts right now are crazy good.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
That is pretty good. Considering major hotel spots like Hawaii, Vegas and Orlando are still hurting and business travel is still way down that‘s a promising number. This doesn’t apply to WDW but hotel discounts right now are crazy good.
I think the major destinations are still below 50% on average. But the country overall...bit better. Right now all dependent on domestic travel.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think the major destinations are still below 50% on average. But the country overall...bit better. Right now all dependent on domestic travel.
I know people are sick of sitting at home and at least where I live it was very popular to go anywhere with low case numbers this summer. NJ shore, renting finger lake cabins in upstate NY, even camping. I also know a bunch of people who traveled recently to drop kids off at college. People are starting to get a little more comfortable traveling. I think if we can continue to trend down there could be a bump in holiday demand.

Chi84

Premium Member
Until the mask restriction is lifted...... there will be issues with ANY tourism driven business. That is all I am am saying and I think that one thing is probably the worst restrictions that is reducing confidence in most people. I think that one restriction should be removed ASAP.
I agree. Masks are the one restriction that is a deal-breaker for us visiting Disney. As soon as they’re gone, we’ll be back.

Jrb1979

I know people are sick of sitting at home and at least where I live it was very popular to go anywhere with low case numbers this summer. NJ shore, renting finger lake cabins in upstate NY, even camping. I also know a bunch of people who traveled recently to drop kids off at college. People are starting to get a little more comfortable traveling. I think if we can continue to trend down there could be a bump in holiday demand.
I'm highly doubtful that any bump in demand is coming. People maybe more comfortable traveling but many haven't felt the job loss yet. Its already started in many places. What amazes me is how many ignore that.

rowrbazzle

I agree. Masks are the one restriction that is a deal-breaker for us visiting Disney. As soon as they’re gone, we’ll be back.
I agree it's no fun. But dislike of a restriction does not mean the restriction should be lifted. It's there for a reason. I'm sure Disney is looking forward to the day when they no longer need it. As am I and I imagine most others.

Chi84

Premium Member
I agree it's no fun. But dislike of a restriction does not mean the restriction should be lifted. It's there for a reason. I'm sure Disney is looking forward to the day when they no longer need it. As am I and I imagine most others.
You’re reading quite a bit into that post. All I said is that we won’t visit Disney while masks are required and that we’ll be back as soon as the restriction is lifted. How can you possibly have any issue with that statement?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I probably won’t go back to WDW either as long as masks are required. However, in the current environment I would be even less likely to go if masks were not required. I don’t think it would help overall attendance. Some more people would come bu others who are currently going wouldn’t want to. Plus they have committed to the workers that masks will be required. It was negotiated with the union.

GimpYancIent

Oh I know it’s sacrilege to post anything positive or hopeful here, but the fact is you don’t know that. Sorry to interrupt the negativity - continue.
Pre-COVID there was a cough in to your elbow campaign. Some people complied some did not. I did not see how coughing into your elbow would reduce the spread of anything. With everybody in a public setting wearing a mask (properly) I do see where a reduction of the spread can be achieved. So yes! The masks need to be with us for the foreseeable future. Remember there were other contagious illnesses also spread the same way as COVID before COVID. You know what, those illnesses are still there! Masks will have positive impact beyond COVID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom