News Changes to operating Walt Disney World attractions due to COVID-19

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It's not rocket science to see that theme parks are not hitting their target numbers. All parts of the theme parks need to streamline or eliminate services.
We have Rafikis Planet Watch open but not parking trams. If it’s not rocket science, then it’s incredibly stupid.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Exactly. There's absolutely no reason to run them right now except for maybe at the Magic Kingdom.
I thought this way too until I experienced it first hand in the August heat. What seems like such a small amount of walking is absolutely terrible after walking 9 am to 4 pm in the August 90+ degree heat.

Tori

Please explain to me how it is any different as far as safety & staffing is concerned?

I don’t know how else to respond to this anymore.

The tram service isn’t a theme park attraction.

There is no operational need for tram service right now. If you can’t walk a few extra feet than I recommend waiting to visit the parks again.

ToTBellHop

So you have no valuable information to add to the discussion. Got it. Let me know when something sparks up.

(Blunt doesn't equal witty or useful information)
The train the Planet Watch can be filled with 6 ft between parties. It’s something only a small percentage of daily guests ride (many of them kids, who don’t have much else to do at DAK right now). A parking tram would never be able to keep groups that far apart AND keep up with the train of cars coming in at park open. You would need a PeopleMover. They don’t have one. So you use the original PeopleMover: legs.

peter11435

Safety concerns is the dumbest excuse I have heard. They can quite literally do what they've been doing with their attractions at the parks.

Even if they don't run them at the start of the day (which is fine, you have energy and it's not too hot yet), they should be running the trams as a "courtesy" from about 1:00 pm onwards... ESPECIALLY if folks are paying TWENTY FIVE dollars just to park in a lot... and even MOOOOORE SO if they're limiting park hours and still charging full price. Jesus.
There’s actually a very big difference that makes operating the same as attractions or other transportation not possible. The safety concern here is unique to trams

celluloid

It's not rocket science to see that theme parks are not hitting their target numbers. All parts of the theme parks need to streamline or eliminate services.
Right, to his point though it is wrong to think it was a safety choice to stop tram service vs the honest truth as you point out of streamlining cost.

cjkeating

I thought one reason I haven't seen on the last page or two about the trams was that they dump a large quantity of people on the temperature/security check points (which is bad for social distancing) versus people all walking over individually?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think that’s a made up excuse, there is nothing special about a slow moving tram with a roof (which would trap more air) and Living with the Land a slow moving boat ride with a roof.

It’s not that I think trams are safe with social distancing, it’s just that I don’t think they are any less safe then the rides.
Okay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom