Halloween at Magic Kingdom to begin September 15 2020

mm52200

They should use the party music loops and lighting package too.

Also the party versions of Space, Pirates and Tea Party.
I mean the park will be closing at 6 so no lighting needed.
Also costs money to do those installs For overlays and most techs and creatives are still furloughed.

Giss Neric

Now, how long do you think it will take for Disney to clarify that a child's costume mask (the full face plastic kind with a tiny mouth hole) cannot substitute for a pandemic mask and the pandemic mask will still have to be worn under the costume mask?
Parents should just find another alternative and not let their kids wear costumes with masks unless they decorate their pandemic mask or order a custom made mask to fit/blend with their costume.

dmw

In the Parks
No
Do you have an example? I'm having a hard time visualizing a mask that both looks like a costume mask and is compliant with WDWs acceptable mask policy.
just google scary face covering. Add some face paint and it will look like a full mask. And very realistic. Esty shops have a bunch...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
After DST ends, it starts getting dark shortly before 6 PM. This is why the D-Lights of A Frozen Holiday Wish has been at 6:15 PM.
On Halloween, the sun sets at 6:40. But the next day, it sets at 5:39.

But it won't be dark for at least an hour later no matter what time the sun goes down.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
On Halloween, the sun sets at 6:40. But the next day, it sets at 5:39.

But it won't be dark for at least an hour later no matter what time the sun goes down.

Yes, that would be full night. But at 6:15p, the park is in nautical twilight which is dark enough for stars to start being seen, which has been dark enough for the castle lights at that time.

SoFloMagic

After DST ends, it starts getting dark shortly before 6 PM. This is why the D-Lights of A Frozen Holiday Wish has been at 6:15 PM.
Yeah. I was wondering more about all the labor of installing them and removing when you're not using them to drive a party. I feel like they usually would have started install by now?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yeah. I was wondering more about all the labor of installing them and removing when you're not using them to drive a party. I feel like they usually would have started install by now?
The install in August was justified by the desire to add a lot more party nights to drive revenue. With the ticketed events not happening this year, it would seem odd to have fall decor installed in the summer. I'm assuming they will hold off until early September.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom