Hotel Hopping

DWFEVR

Original Poster
I know I have seen this subject in this forum before but I can't find it again. We are going to be over in the area in December. Unfortunately we aren't staying on site but if you go to Disney Springs can you still get on a bus to the various hotels? I saw on another site that some people have been turned away but I didn't know if it was because they were trying to "park" at the resort. We just wanted to visit the Poly and others. Thanks.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
There's nothing on the web site that indicates you won't be able to visit resort hotels while you're there. If you drive, you may be turned away for the reason you mentioned, but if you park at a park or Disney Springs, you should be able to catch a bus to a resort without rigorous scrutiny.

nickys

Premium Member
There's nothing on the web site that indicates you won't be able to visit resort hotels while you're there. If you drive, you may be turned away for the reason you mentioned, but if you park at a park or Disney Springs, you should be able to catch a bus to a resort without rigorous scrutiny.
Well technically there is, this is what it says:

Please be aware that you'll also need:

• A confirmed room reservation for your stay. Be sure to link your reservation to your Disney account to receive important information prior to your arrival—visit My Plans to get started
  • A confirmed dining reservation if you’re a day Guest (not staying overnight)

Source: https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/experience-updates/resorts/

So yes, they are saying you need an ADR or a room reservation in order to visit a resort.

But you are correct in that if you use Disney transport they do not appear to be checking credentials on entry to the resorts.

heapster411

The DW and I are going around the same time and Always enjoyed going to the different resorts to see the decorations. I fell this is the year that will not happen. It will be a bleak Christmas season @ WDW. Shame, our yearly trip really set off the Holiday mood!

Dad 2 M & M

many of the Resorts have signage at the Guard Stations indicating limited parking and only resort guest are allowed.

Easiest way to is get a lunch or dinner ressie....

Herdman

I think if you do go by park transportation you'd get in just fine. Trying to drive in is most likely a no.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I think if you do go by park transportation you'd get in just fine. Trying to drive in is most likely a no.

This. I went from MK to WL 2 weeks ago to go relax at Geyser Point but had to take the boat launch. Also keep in mind that if you're parked at a theme park, you need to go GET your car before they stop running transportation to/from the resorts.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member

• A confirmed room reservation for your stay. Be sure to link your reservation to your Disney account to receive important information prior to your arrival—visit My Plans to get started

So yes, they are saying you need an ADR or a room reservation in order to visit a resort.

But you are correct in that if you use Disney transport they do not appear to be checking credentials on entry to the resorts.

I'm hoping this is not the case. Resort hopping is one of my favorite things to do on property. I'll be there in a week and a half, so I'm going to try. But the combination of the restrictions combined with the NBA being there, may not lend itself to a great resort hopping experience. One of the reasons I decided to stay at Gaylord. Worse case - I'll be spending some time at ICON and The Pointe.

nickys

Premium Member
I'm hoping this is not the case. Resort hopping is one of my favorite things to do on property. I'll be there in a week and a half, so I'm going to try. But the combination of the restrictions combined with the NBA being there, may not lend itself to a great resort hopping experience. One of the reasons I decided to stay at Gaylord. Worse case - I'll be spending some time at ICON and The Pointe.
As long as you arrive using Disney transport you’ll be fine from all accounts. It’s only if you drive there, or use a ride share, that they’re checking for a reservation.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know I have seen this subject in this forum before but I can't find it again. We are going to be over in the area in December. Unfortunately we aren't staying on site but if you go to Disney Springs can you still get on a bus to the various hotels? I saw on another site that some people have been turned away but I didn't know if it was because they were trying to "park" at the resort. We just wanted to visit the Poly and others. Thanks.

Just a suggested touring route:
  1. Disney Springs to Animal Kingdom Lodge by bus
  2. AKL to MK by bus
  3. MK to Wilderness Lodge by Red Flag Ferry
  4. Wilderness Lodge to Contemporary if the Blue Flag Ferry is running, otherwise Ferry back to MK and go to Contemporary by walking or Local Monorail
  5. Contemporary to Poly by Local Monorail
  6. Poly to GF by Local Monorail
  7. GF to Hollywood Studios by bus
  8. DHS to the Crescent Lake resorts (Swolphin, BoardWalk, Yacht & Beach) by walking or ferry.
  9. Crescent Lake Ferry (or walk) back to DHS
  10. DHS to Coronado
  11. Coronado to Disney Springs

At any point you can abort by taking a resort bus to DS.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!

I couldn't find similar phraseology on the US web site...

nickys

Premium Member
I couldn't find similar phraseology on the US web site...
AFAIK, the info is there. But I can’t get the US page up anymore, I always get redirected. However try this:
Go to the main page.
Is there some wording about resorts that have opened? Click on that link.
Go to the bottom of the page, click on Resorts and Amenities.
That’s the page.
Scroll about half way down.

Or replace the “disneyworld.co.uk” part with the US equivalent.

UNCgolf

God I wish they would enforce not doing this. Adds way too much traffic.

It would slow down bus transportation tremendously if they had to check every single person getting on for a reservation.

Plus visiting some of the really well themed hotels can be fun.

Hockey89

It would slow down bus transportation tremendously if they had to check every single person getting on for a reservation.

Plus visiting some of the really well themed hotels can be fun.
Don’t disagree at all. Not a big deal but it does make places more busy but I hear you

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Took the Skyliner Saturday from EPCOT to Rivera, walked around a bit then over to Caribbean Beach, walked around some more and back to EPCOT. Walked over to Beaches & Cream to see if I could get a walk-up (couldn't) so I walked back to EPCOT. No issues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom