runDisney Star Wars Events

RunningKoen

2021 is the anniversary year. Races started in 2016, and sadly, 2020 was skipped.

Star Wars weekend started in the same year as Paris. 2020 would have been the 5th edition for both, but unlike the virtual option for Star Wars, the Paris weekend is postponed. The 5th edition of Paris will be after 6 years due to one year missing.

The 2020 virtual Star Wars races will be the 5h edition however (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 make 5 ;-) )Curious how they will do the anniversary and perfect status for Star Wars in 2021. That will indeed be the 5th year running in WDW, but the 6th set of medals

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Star Wars weekend started in the same year as Paris. 2020 would have been the 5th edition for both, but unlike the virtual option for Star Wars, the Paris weekend is postponed. The 5th edition of Paris will be after 6 years due to one year missing.

The 2020 virtual Star Wars races will be the 5h edition however (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 make 5 ;-) )Curious how they will do the anniversary and perfect status for Star Wars in 2021. That will indeed be the 5th year running in WDW, but the 6th set of medals

There were no virtual races for the on-property 2020 SW races.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I'm staying at Boulder Ridge the same days.
Park ressies:
11/6: DHS
11/7 : Epcot
11/8: MK
11/9: DAK

I read that doing Hollywood Studios not on a weekend day increases your chance of getting a RotR boarding group.
That’s a good point, I may flip my HS and AK days, my schedule’s still a work in progress

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Couple observations from doing walk run outside vs the treadmill:

1.) Running/Walking with a mask is miserable (but doable).

2.) Running/Walking with stuff in your pocket is not ideal.

3.) Running/Walking in 75 degrees versus in an AC room is way different.

surfsupdon

Couple observations from doing walk run outside vs the treadmill:

1.) Running/Walking with a mask is miserable (but doable).

2.) Running/Walking with stuff in your pocket is not ideal.

3.) Running/Walking in 75 degrees versus in an AC room is way different.
You are right!! And I’m a summer nut- I prefer the 75 hot day compared to the AC while running! Haha

Surferboy567

Haven’t gave an update in a while so here goes: As of 2:27 PM

Half Marathon is gone
Rival Run is gone
Kessel Run (the one with everything) is gone

5K still available
10K still available
Kessel Run (the one with Virtual and Half) is available
Virtual Half still available

Surferboy567

As of 1:29 AM

10K is gone
Half Marathon is gone
Rival Run challenge is gone
Kessel Run challenge (the one with everything) is gone

5K is still available
Kessel Run challenge (the one with virtual and half) is available
Virtual Half Marathon is available

I don’t think they are going to last much longer.

Surferboy567

What do you guys do for medal displays? Now that I’m going to have a ton of medals I should probably get a hanger eventually.

Torn between 2 of them so still deciding the “runDisney“ one on Etsy that just says run disney plus every mile is magic and the “Magic World” one on Etsy that has a bunch of disney world icons. Leaning toward the runDisney one like the understated design plus better value.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
What do you guys do for medal displays? Now that I’m going to have a ton of medals I should probably get a hanger eventually.

Torn between 2 of them so still deciding the “runDisney“ one on Etsy that just says run disney plus every mile is magic and the “Magic World” one on Etsy that has a bunch of disney world icons. Leaning toward the runDisney one like the understated design plus better value.

I started out with a wall mount coat/hat hanger from Lowe's. Then bought several runDisney ones at either the race weekend Expo or on-line Disney store. Yoda, Pixar, runDisney (in blue and purple).

Just make sure whichever one you purchase is sturdy - the medals are heavy and a cheap hanger can bend from the weight of all those medals.

Here's my purple one that holds all my Princess medals.

IMG_20200806_210659.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom