New 6 Story, 125 Bed Hotel 55 project plans for Clementine Street

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Interesting to note the proposed parking system.

>>The project includes at-grade parking tucked under the rear portion of the building, which includes four self-parked ADA accessible parking spaces and 82 valet only parking spaces. The valet-operated parking area includes three at-grade stalls and 79 spaces within a three-tier automatic puzzle parking system, with one subterranean tier and two above grade tiers. The applicant proposes to station valet attendants at the drop-off area directly in front of the hotel lobby. Upon the arrival of vehicles, attendants would immediately take the vehicle to the valet-controlled garage and automatic parking system. <<

Stevek

>>The project includes at-grade parking tucked under the rear portion of the building, which includes four self-parked ADA accessible parking spaces and 82 valet only parking spaces. The valet-operated parking area includes three at-grade stalls and 79 spaces within a three-tier automatic puzzle parking system, with one subterranean tier and two above grade tiers. The applicant proposes to station valet attendants at the drop-off area directly in front of the hotel lobby. Upon the arrival of vehicles, attendants would immediately take the vehicle to the valet-controlled garage and automatic parking system. <<

Is that the old channel 56/KDOC studio? Can't wait until guests are haunted by the ghost of Wally George.

TP2000

Is that the old channel 56/KDOC studio? Can't wait until guests are haunted by the ghost of Wally George.

Oh my gosh! Wally George! What a blast from the past!

Did he really broadcast his show from Clementine Street?!? I had no idea. For some reason I'd always thought he was broadcasting from Huntington Beach. I remember watching his show in the early Reagan years, enraptured, long before we had anything like today's current trash TV and reality nonsense. He was a pioneer, and fabulously entertaining.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster

Did he really broadcast his show from Clementine Street?!? I had no idea. For some reason I'd always thought he was broadcasting from Huntington Beach. I remember watching his show in the early Reagan years, enraptured, long before we had anything like today's current trash TV and reality nonsense. He was a pioneer, and fabulously entertaining.
Just looked it up, Wikipedia is saying that "Hot Seat", aka the Wally George Show, was filmed at the Clementine Studio (Anaheim).

NobodyElse

Yes. I remember driving near the Grand Hotel once. A quick glance out my window revealed Wally, driving his late-model Thunderbird. His hair helmet was unmistakable.

TP2000

Yes. I remember driving near the Grand Hotel once. A quick glance out my window revealed Wally, driving his late-model Thunderbird. His hair helmet was unmistakable.

David Letterman used to call that a Brush With Greatness. :D

Mr. George was iconic in OC in the early 80's. I moved away a bit later, so I kind of lost track of him during the last half of the Reagan era. I am now inspired to Google him and find out how his story played out and ended.

lazyboy97o

Does anyone know if the Anaheim Resort District has a floor-to-floor or floor-to-ceiling height limit?

The toilet and shower being in two completely separate rooms is interesting. I can see where it might be convenient for a family but have never been a fan of the sink being outside the bathroom (doesn’t look like enough space in the toilet room). It also seems like there could be some conflict between the main room door and the toilet room door. Has anyone been to a hotel with this sort configuration?

Hopefully that pool is installed perfectly. They’re not leaving any space between it and the room below.

Stevek

Mr. George was iconic in OC in the early 80's. I moved away a bit later, so I kind of lost track of him during the last half of the Reagan era. I am now inspired to Google him and find out how his story played out and ended.
Don't forget, his daughter was actress Rebecca De Mornay. They weren't close from what I can remember.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster

Well, he would have been 88 if he was still alive, alas, he died in 2003. From Wikipedia

>>Following years of worsening health George died of pneumonia at Fountain Valley Hospital on October 5, 2003. His memorial service was held at the Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove, California, where he was eulogized by evangelist Robert H. Schuller. He is interred at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Hollywood Hills, California. <<

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Don't forget, his daughter was actress Rebecca De Mornay. They weren't close from what I can remember.

Well, Wally had 5 wives, and plenty of kids....

>>An incensed Wally George phoned to say he intends to sue his daughter Rebecca de Mornay for the article in this week’s Enquirer–“I hate my bigamist dad.” <<

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Does anyone know if the Anaheim Resort District has a floor-to-floor or floor-to-ceiling height limit?

The toilet and shower being in two completely separate rooms is interesting. I can see where it might be convenient for a family but have never been a fan of the sink being outside the bathroom (doesn’t look like enough space in the toilet room). It also seems like there could be some conflict between the main room door and the toilet room door. Has anyone been to a hotel with this sort configuration?

Hopefully that pool is installed perfectly. They’re not leaving any space between it and the room below.

I have, especially in 5 star Hotels. Toilet Room on one side, shower room on the other side, and the sinks in the middle room.

The Kempinski in Bodrum, Turkey, and the Wynn off the top of my head. But I have seen it in other hotels in lower star ratings.

I haven't read the entire thing, I had a 6:30 PM meeting, and I had to serious read the 548 page report on Item 5, the 39 Commons project. (Future Home of the DCA Sun Fountain).

Stevek

I have, especially in 5 star Hotels. Toilet Room on one side, shower room on the other side, and the sinks in the middle room.

The Kempinski in Bodrum, Turkey, and the Wynn off the top of my head. But I have seen it in other hotels in lower star ratings.

I haven't read the entire thing, I had a 6:30 PM meeting, and I had to serious read the 548 page report on Item 5, the 39 Commons project. (Future Home of the DCA Sun Fountain).
Where do they plan on putting the fountain? Didn’t see it on the plans I found online.

truecoat

Here's the hotel rendering. Seems a bit generic.

Hotel 55 Anaheim.jpg

truecoat

One statement said that parking would be $25-$50. I'll have to find that again to see if it was per night.

Edit...it is per night like I thought.

truecoat

Here's an example of a puzzle parking system. Having it valet only controls who is moving cars off and on the system. In this day and age, I totally agree with this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom