Where to find sandwiches.

jaklgreen

I’ve never been to

I’ve never been to Les Halles, I will check that out. Thanks. I don’t do table service, I don’t know if that makes my options more limited.

Not really, I don't do too many table service restaurants either. Most places have some kind of salad also.

dave&di

Original Poster
As was said Kringla Bakeri,

They have a variety of light, mainly seafood based, sandwiches - shrimp salad, gravlax etc.
I’ve seen the menu since it’s been suggested, it’s definitely a place I’ll go to, for some reason I’ve never bothered with the WS eateries, as I’m not an adventurous eater I’ve always presumed the cuisines wouldn’t suit me but a few seem perfect, Les Halles being one of them.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I’ve seen the menu since it’s been suggested, it’s definitely a place I’ll go to, for some reason I’ve never bothered with the WS eateries, as I’m not an adventurous eater I’ve always presumed the cuisines wouldn’t suit me but a few seem perfect, Les Halles being one of them.
I'll add that you really shouldn't just look at the current menus as options listed are limited right now during the limited attendance and by the time you go, there should be much more to choose from.

That said, I'm a simple eater too and found the turkey, bacon, lettuce & tomato sandwich at Les Halles to be terrific and a definite recommendation for fresh, healthy and filling (especially when you add a pastry dessert lol).

jaklgreen

Very few places have food that I would consider "adventurous". Most of it is toned down to almost bland IMO. I don't think you will have any trouble finding plenty to eat. Just remember that most menus make things sound fancier then they really are.

Hockey89

Very few places have food that I would consider "adventurous". Most of it is toned down to almost bland IMO. I don't think you will have any trouble finding plenty to eat. Just remember that most menus make things sound fancier then they really are.
Disney doesn’t even come close to doing anything adventurous. People think spicy tuna rolls are exciting. I don’t blame them since they are serving a large group of people that won’t eat much.

dave&di

Original Poster
I don’t know why I presumed the eateries would have authentic food from the relevant countries! 😂 I’m definitely going to pay more attention next time! Thanks for your wisdom! 😁

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I don’t know why I presumed the eateries would have authentic food from the relevant countries! 😂 I’m definitely going to pay more attention next time! Thanks for your wisdom! 😁

Try Jaleo. Iberico ham. They'll even make a sandwich out of it. Good place.

Pros: Quality stuff / Cons: A bit pricey. It's not 5J or Joselito ham (It's Fermin).

Phonedave

The WS menus, in fact all WDW are for the most part tame, unless is a specific 'shock' dish such as escargot during F&W. Many of the foods in WS are 'takes' on traditional dishes, or are considered something that mainstream America will eat. You are not going to find any organ meats, highly spiced dishes, or different types of preparations (I'm looking at you lutefisk). You are pretty safe anywhere in the WS.

Phonedave

Disney doesn’t even come close to doing anything adventurous. People think spicy tuna rolls are exciting. I don’t blame them since they are serving a large group of people that won’t eat much.

I don't know, I find eating raw fish that may be slightly 'off' to be pretty exciting.

dave&di

Original Poster
The WS menus, in fact all WDW are for the most part tame, unless is a specific 'shock' dish such as escargot during F&W. Many of the foods in WS are 'takes' on traditional dishes, or are considered something that mainstream America will eat. You are not going to find any organ meats, highly spiced dishes, or different types of preparations (I'm looking at you lutefisk). You are pretty safe anywhere in the WS.
I can’t believe I never know this 😳. I love the WS but have never included food into the experience, except fish and chips from the UK pavilion, I’m English!, a burger from the American Adventure and anything from Karamell Kuche! 😂. This’ll add a new dimension! 😂

wendysue

Does anyone know if Columbia Harbor House is open now? (I found the answer. Nope, they are not open)

Last edited:

Nutso4Disney

In the Parks
No
If you have a day you are not in any particular park I do highly suggest The Earl Of Sandwich. They have many selections of hot sandwiches, wraps, salads, soups, plus a few kids meals as well. Everything I have ever had there has been extremely good.

dave&di

Original Poster
If you have a day you are not in any particular park I do highly suggest The Earl Of Sandwich. They have many selections of hot sandwiches, wraps, salads, soups, plus a few kids meals as well. Everything I have ever had there has been extremely good.
Thank you, I have been here, I always get The Full Montagu 😋. I’ve never bothered looking at other items, I never noticed soups and salads!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom