All things Knotts Berry Farm

Professortango1

"I live in So Cal as well and about 25 % of the people I see don't take follow guidelines. And no, most protesters I saw wore masks and even kept distance as they marched. When we ran into people we knew at a local vigil, we gave virtual hugs while remaining distanced."

Yeah... No one believes this. I've personally seen protestors marching down the sidewalk shoulder to shoulder, no masks... On the news you see them by the thousands crowded together, no distance between them. I was outside once about four months ago without a mask and a woman immediately came up and started screaming at me. That's just the culture here... Except when you're protesting. Any other time you can't get away with not wearing a mask without someone yelling at you. So I find it very hard to believe that the people here aren't wearing their masks enough to cause these kinds of numbers and that the protests have had nothing to do with it.
You find it hard to believe because it seems to contradict the political narrative your prefer. Most protesters wear masks and are not walking nutts to butts. I have people closer to me in a Target than I did when protesting.

Professortango1

25%???

Where do you live? Between work and life I have been out A LOT and I can probably count on one hand how many people weren’t wearing a mask

I live in the Inland Empire. Yucaipa/Redlands/Temecula I see about 25-40% not complying. Meanwhile Loma Linda, a Blue Zone, has nearly everyone I encounter taking personal responsibility. It depends on where you are in So Cal. I know I went to a gas station in Riverside last night and the 2 customers in front of me didn't have any masks and one got a bit vocal when the employee asked him to honor the store's policy.

mickEblu

I live in the Inland Empire. Yucaipa/Redlands/Temecula I see about 25-40% not complying. Meanwhile Loma Linda, a Blue Zone, has nearly everyone I encounter taking personal responsibility. It depends on where you are in So Cal. I know I went to a gas station in Riverside last night and the 2 customers in front of me didn't have any masks and one got a bit vocal when the employee asked him to honor the store's policy.

Ahhh ok. I’ve spent most of my time in the San Fernando Valley, Hollywood, Mid City and DTLA and the vast majority of people are complying. I’ve spent less time on my days off in places like Santa Barbara, Malibu and OC but also feel like the vast majority are complying. Except on the beach. I was in Malibu yesterday and even though their were signs saying “masks required” and police officers on RVs riding up and down the beach giving tickets for alcohol nobody was wearing masks including my family.

Stevek

Ahhh ok. I’ve spent most of my time in the San Fernando Valley, Hollywood, Mid City and DTLA and the vast majority of people are complying. I’ve spent less time on my days off in places like Santa Barbara, Malibu and OC but also feel like the vast majority are complying. Except on the beach. I was in Malibu yesterday and even though their were signs saying “masks required” and police officers on RVs riding up and down the beach giving tickets for alcohol nobody was wearing masks including my family.
I'm seeing good compliance here in Corona. Have not been to the Orange County beach communities in a few weeks but it was horrendous when we were last in Newport and Huntington. Not the beaches, outdoor shopping areas.

cmwade77

Is the Sky Safari open at the SD Zoo? It is such a pain to hike back up the hill when your at the bottom of the park.
Nope, not as of present, I have knee issues, so they do provide an ADA shuttle, but there is also now an elevator by the Cafe where the Pandas were to take you back up.

cmwade77

Well the key phrase is .... with social distancing and mask wearing in place. I don’t see how it’s SO much safer outdoors with masks and social distancing than indoors with masks and social distancing.
Because of how air recycles in buildings and also because the sunlight/UV is known to kill the virus. Of course there are now companies that have figured out how to separate the harmful UV light from the other (nonvisible) UV light and the the nonharmful UV light will still kill the virus and could be left on 24/7, this would make indoors possibly safer than outdoors. But is another reason that indoor theme park attractions may indeed be safe with all of the blacklights being used.

cmwade77

Yeah. California now has more cases than anywhere and I don't think you can say it's because people aren't wearing masks. I honestly thought the pandemic was over during those rioting weeks because no one was talking about it anymore, and everyone was encouraging the protestors despite the lack of distancing and masks in most cases. I think it's more frustrating to make sacrifices and follow the rules, only to have the powers that be suspend those rules when politically convenient, and then when cases go up they blame "people not wearing masks." I'm honestly tired of hearing "Nobody should die because another person can't stomach a few months of living responsibly during a pandemic" and similar sentiments because we've already given up five months of our lives, we did our part, and it didn't work. The moment they changed the rules for protestors it all should have been over. I don't want anyone to die, but after five months of shutdowns that clearly haven't helped, it's time for people to take responsibility for themselves and stop demanding that everyone else give up their freedom.
Honestly, this is very true, but really, it should be the government makes suggestions on how they think we should keep safe and it is up to each individual and business to either follow said rules or not. There could be some things like perhaps requiring businesses to setup handwashing stations outside restrooms that would make sense, but overall most things should be up to each of us to take personal responsibility and determine what we feel is appropriate.

As far as California having the most cases, we also have the largest population and highest amount of testing, so it is natural we will have the most confirmed cases, that is another thing we need to wake up with, just because one state or country has a large number of confirmed cases doesn't necessarily mean they are doing better or worse than others, unless you look at all of the factors.

cmwade77

Pretty much. Even though they're distancing the queues, rides, etc. They're in more enclosed areas for a lengthy time. Little bit more of a risk to catch covid.
Except there are plenty of theme parks open all across the country and you know what, not a single case has been linked to having been transmitted at a theme park.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Now back to Knott's.....who else is looking at the hotel prices for a package deal at the Knott's hotel and thinking the price is extraordinarily reasonable for a staycation considering the package includes your tasting cards?
I've been looking for a day at the Snoopy room as a surprise. I would like to see something under $100. However $122 per night isn't too bad for the Camp Snoopy room. We also want to do the Taste of Knotts for an additional $26 per person. (with passholder discount)

I kind of doubt they are doing the Snoopy tuck ins.

kbf-hotel-mg4.jpg

Last edited:

cmwade77

I've been looking for a day at the Snoopy room as a surprise. I would like to see something under $100. However $122 per night isn't too bad for the Camp Snoopy room. We also want to do the Taste of Knotts for an additional $26 per person. (with passholder discount)

kbf-hotel-mg4.jpg
Yeah, they aren't doing the tuck ins, but still could be fun.

Stevek

Now back to Knott's.....who else is looking at the hotel prices for a package deal at the Knott's hotel and thinking the price is extraordinarily reasonable for a staycation considering the package includes your tasting cards?
I had not thought about it until you posted this. Definitely something I may consider? Never stayed at the hotel. Are the rooms ok?

cmwade77

I had not thought about it until you posted this. Definitely something I may consider? Never stayed at the hotel. Are the rooms ok?
I don't know, we keep saying we want to stay there, but the prices are normally higher than they are right now, so we are considering it.

Stevek

I don't know, we keep saying we want to stay there, but the prices are normally higher than they are right now, so we are considering it.
Yeah. For $100 and change to be able to drink all the boysenberry beer and wine and not have to worry about driving home...might be a good idea. Strongly considering it. @Darkbeer1 Have you stayed there? Rooms good?

Curious Constance

kbf-hotel-mg4.jpg

What was a Snoopy tuck in?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom