All things Knotts Berry Farm

mickEblu

Makes you wonder what the heck is the difference between going to Disneyland or zoos and this dining event at Knotts? The indoor rides?

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

Makes you wounded what the heck is the difference between going to Disneyland or zoos and this dining event at Knotts? The indoor rides?

More exactly, Any type of amusement ride, indoor and out, plus indoor dining. Also, no entertainment is allowed (Atmosphere is OK though).

Look at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom for a good look at the state's mindset. Animal shows are educational, not entertainment....

mickEblu

People often say they would rather die than do something, but then will fight for their lives. Many anti-mask folk who have been hospitalized or have died have posted how they wish they would have listened. The funny thing is that we could be almost fully reopened if people had taken personal responsibility. Instead, they turned ignorance and selfishness into a political issue and have dragged things out further.

If you would rather die than wear a mask or practice social distancing, then I invite you to please put your money where your mouth is. I have had students bury their parents. I have seen children with permanent organ damage. I have watched people lose limbs. And if you're unwilling to help stop these things from occurring, society would probably be healthier without you. Nobody should die because another person can't stomach a few months of living responsibly during a pandemic.

I live here in So Cal and everywhere I go people are wearing masks and following rules. Are you talking about the protesters a few months back?

Last edited:

mickEblu

More exactly, Any type of amusement ride, indoor and out, plus indoor dining. Also, no entertainment is allowed (Atmosphere is OK though).

Look at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom for a good look at the state's mindset. Animal shows are educational, not entertainment....

So the train around SB Zoo (With the plexiglass between every two rows) is not an amusement type ride because they te talking about animals? So what if Disneyland opens with outdoor dining with the DLRR having plexiglass between rows and they talk about animals instead of the Rivers of America?

mickEblu

I still think this indoor v. Outdoor thing (with social distancing and mask wearing measures in place) is massively overplayed and wouldn’t be surprised if you are only slightly safer outside.

cmwade77

Makes you wonder what the heck is the difference between going to Disneyland or zoos and this dining event at Knotts? The indoor rides?
Many zoos are open for business, including the San Diego Zoo. The dining event essentially is turning the park into an outdoor mall, which are allowed.

cmwade77

Actually, entertainment is allowed so long as social distancing is enforced and it is all outdoors.

cmwade77

So the train around SB Zoo (With the plexiglass between every two rows) is not an amusement type ride because they te talking about animals? So what if Disneyland opens with outdoor dining with the DLRR having plexiglass between rows and they talk about animals instead of the Rivers of America?
Well, the San Diego Zoo isn't allowed to even run their bus tour or tram because they are considered rides. But yes, I think the distinction is arbitrary and honestly everything should be allowed to reopen and people can go if they feel safe and not go if they don't.

cmwade77

I still think this indoor v. Outdoor thing (with social distancing and mask wearing measures in place) is massively overplayed and wouldn’t be surprised if you are only slightly safer outside.
Actually, you are considerably safer outdoors, even under normal circumstances unless they are very strong air filters on public buildings. Of course California has mandated such filters for some time now, so really your statement is more true here than other parts of the country.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Well, the San Diego Zoo isn't allowed to even run their bus tour or tram because they are considered rides. But yes, I think the distinction is arbitrary and honestly everything should be allowed to reopen and people can go if they feel safe and not go if they don't.
Is the Sky Safari open at the SD Zoo? It is such a pain to hike back up the hill when your at the bottom of the park.

mickEblu

Actually, you are considerably safer outdoors, even under normal circumstances unless they are very strong air filters on public buildings. Of course California has mandated such filters for some time now, so really your statement is more true here than other parts of the country.

Well the key phrase is .... with social distancing and mask wearing in place. I don’t see how it’s SO much safer outdoors with masks and social distancing than indoors with masks and social distancing.

Tamandua

I live here in So Cal and everywhere I go people are wearing masks and following rules. Are you talking about the protesters a few months back?
Yeah. California now has more cases than anywhere and I don't think you can say it's because people aren't wearing masks. I honestly thought the pandemic was over during those rioting weeks because no one was talking about it anymore, and everyone was encouraging the protestors despite the lack of distancing and masks in most cases. I think it's more frustrating to make sacrifices and follow the rules, only to have the powers that be suspend those rules when politically convenient, and then when cases go up they blame "people not wearing masks." I'm honestly tired of hearing "Nobody should die because another person can't stomach a few months of living responsibly during a pandemic" and similar sentiments because we've already given up five months of our lives, we did our part, and it didn't work. The moment they changed the rules for protestors it all should have been over. I don't want anyone to die, but after five months of shutdowns that clearly haven't helped, it's time for people to take responsibility for themselves and stop demanding that everyone else give up their freedom.

Professortango1

I live in So Cal as well and about 25 % of the people I see don't take follow guidelines. And no, most protesters I saw wore masks and even kept distance as they marched. When we ran into people we knew at a local vigil, we gave virtual hugs while remaining distanced.

The issue is there are entire communities not doing their part. And if these Karens are asked to obey the store policy which is stated before they enter, they have a little hissy fit.

mickEblu

I live in So Cal as well and about 25 % of the people I see don't take follow guidelines. And no, most protesters I saw wore masks and even kept distance as they marched. When we ran into people we knew at a local vigil, we gave virtual hugs while remaining distanced.

The issue is there are entire communities not doing their part. And if these Karens are asked to obey the store policy which is stated before they enter, they have a little hissy fit.

25%???

Where do you live? Between work and life I have been out A LOT and I can probably count on one hand how many people weren’t wearing a mask

Tamandua

"I live in So Cal as well and about 25 % of the people I see don't take follow guidelines. And no, most protesters I saw wore masks and even kept distance as they marched. When we ran into people we knew at a local vigil, we gave virtual hugs while remaining distanced."

Yeah... No one believes this. I've personally seen protestors marching down the sidewalk shoulder to shoulder, no masks... On the news you see them by the thousands crowded together, no distance between them. I was outside once about four months ago without a mask and a woman immediately came up and started screaming at me. That's just the culture here... Except when you're protesting. Any other time you can't get away with not wearing a mask without someone yelling at you. So I find it very hard to believe that the people here aren't wearing their masks enough to cause these kinds of numbers and that the protests have had nothing to do with it.

Phroobar

Original Poster
"I live in So Cal as well and about 25 % of the people I see don't take follow guidelines. And no, most protesters I saw wore masks and even kept distance as they marched. When we ran into people we knew at a local vigil, we gave virtual hugs while remaining distanced."

Yeah... No one believes this. I've personally seen protestors marching down the sidewalk shoulder to shoulder, no masks... On the news you see them by the thousands crowded together, no distance between them. I was outside once about four months ago without a mask and a woman immediately came up and started screaming at me. That's just the culture here... Except when you're protesting. Any other time you can't get away with not wearing a mask without someone yelling at you. So I find it very hard to believe that the people here aren't wearing their masks enough to cause these kinds of numbers and that the protests have had nothing to do with it.
Can we get back on topic here! This is a thread about Knotts Berry Farm. It has nothing to do with this!!!

Phroobar

Original Poster
12629010515_8f0155ed94_b.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom