1 - One Sentence Competition, Season Five Episode 3

Tux

DAILY DISCUSSION QUESTION
Flipping around yesterday’s question, what’s your favorite Disney attraction that can’t be found in a Castle Park?
And why?
Kilimanjaro Safari, Tower Of Terror, and Horizons. I think one of the most underrated things about Horizons is it's soundtrack, I feel like Horizons soundtrack really helps make the ride, and I love how it's a sequel to the CoP and how it feels like a stylized dark ride expansion to it all while representing the themes of the park. Tower Of Terror is just a masterpiece in every single expansion, and I love the horror based thrills that it creates, and Kilimanjaro Safari is the classic safari type ride seen in theme parks and zoos but perfected.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I like both. Though I might give the edge to the original for nostalgia reasons.
Totally agree. I think the new one has better effects, but the old one had more personality. But it could easily just be nostalgia haha

Flipping around yesterday’s question, what’s your favorite Disney attraction that can’t be found in a Castle Park?
And why?

Spaceship Earth and Flight of Passage!

pix

And why?

Realised I missed a bunch of these, but popping in now to say I really friggen love Spaceship Earth. I don't know how much of it is the actual ride, or how much of it is it being integral to my own journey but its fantastic. (also MagicCandleCo sells Parks scented candles and Rome Burning is one of my favorites)

D Hulk

1. Radiator Springs Racers
  2. Original Soarin (don’t like the new one)
  3. Toy Story Mania
MuppetVision! It’s still fun to this day and I have an absolute blast every time
Kilimanjaro Safari, Tower Of Terror, and Horizons. I think one of the most underrated things about Horizons is it's soundtrack, I feel like Horizons soundtrack really helps make the ride, and I love how it's a sequel to the CoP and how it feels like a stylized dark ride expansion to it all while representing the themes of the park. Tower Of Terror is just a masterpiece in every single expansion, and I love the horror based thrills that it creates, and Kilimanjaro Safari is the classic safari type ride seen in theme parks and zoos but perfected.
Totally agree. I think the new one has better effects, but the old one had more personality. But it could easily just be nostalgia haha

Spaceship Earth and Flight of Passage!
It's hard, but I might say MuppetVision 3D. Statler and Waldorf sort of tip the scales on that one.
Definitely Radiator Springs Racers
Realised I missed a bunch of these, but popping in now to say I really friggen love Spaceship Earth. I don't know how much of it is the actual ride, or how much of it is it being integral to my own journey but its fantastic. (also MagicCandleCo sells Parks scented candles and Rome Burning is one of my favorites)
I think I'd have to go with Test Track again. Others are Soarin', Kilimanjaro Safaris, and Dinosaur.
Radiator Springs Racers or Expedition Everest. Radiator Spring Racers for the immersion and Everest for the thrill and Disco Yeti.
I’m really loving the variety of answers and the passion behind your choices. There are a whole ton of great WDW rides listed which I hope to experience someday! Incidentally, my pick would be DisneySea’s Journey to the Center of the Earth, for its great combination of immersion & thrill & storytelling & epic scale.

The One Sentence Competition will officially begin in under three hours at midnight EST! :eek: Hope you’re looking forward to it!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The One Sentence Competition will officially begin in under three hours at midnight EST! :eek: Hope you’re looking forward to it!
JampackedSimplisticDrever-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

D Hulk

CHALLENGE ONE
MAIN STREET U.S.A.

enhance

Imagine you are entering a Disney Castle Park. It isn’t any specific park – it isn’t Disneyland, Magic Kingdom, Tokyo, Paris, Hong Kong, or Shanghai. Rather, this is the idealized Disney Castle Park. Whatever your perfect Disneyland might be, you’re there!

We always start with a Main Street U.S.A. Even when the land is somewhat modified, like Tokyo Disneyland’s World Bazaar or Shanghai Disneyland’s Mickey Avenue, the idea remains the same: A nostalgic turn-of-the-century American small town leading to a distant fairy tale castle. These entry lands are wonderful introductions, but they are rarely the highlight of a visit. Not with all the great rides elsewhere!

Your task is to propose a new headlining anchor attraction for Main Street.

-Rules-
Use only a single sentence to describe your idea. You may also use one image if you wish. The deadline is Friday, August 7th, at midnight EST.

-Tips-

KISS – Keep is simple, silly! With only one sentence, you can’t get too detailed. Think of this as an elevator pitch.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit visually/thematically?

Any questions, please ask! Now good luck everyone! Create!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom