Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

Magenta Panther

Gee, I wonder what member that? ;)
3a20aa09f1294e9778b8f20d537b965e09da654b_hq.gif

Okay, just for that....

And my favorite part: Sadly, there's not nearly enough madness in "Muppets Now," which suggests that maybe it's time to stop the music and dim the lights on this once-perfect franchise.

[/QUOTE]

IAWTP except the "perfect" part. If it's so perfect, why has it been sold twice?

BrianLo

doctornick

Way back in the fall, I remarked that Disney was crazy for not having more original programming ready to go at launch or in the month after. They absolutely should have had a Marvel series ready to go sometime after New Years, for example. Now, they are suffering for content because of the filming shutdowns but it never should have come to that if they were better positioned for content at launch.

I've got to think that the crappy to mediocre Fox Marvel films would have never found their way to Disney+ if they weren't desperate to constantly have some "coming to Disney+" content each month.

Archie123

Way back in the fall, I remarked that Disney was crazy for not having more original programming ready to go at launch or in the month after. They absolutely should have had a Marvel series ready to go sometime after New Years, for example. Now, they are suffering for content because of the filming shutdowns but it never should have come to that if they were better positioned for content at launch.

I've got to think that the crappy to mediocre Fox Marvel films would have never found their way to Disney+ if they weren't desperate to constantly have some "coming to Disney+" content each month.

I've said the same thing. Their launch lineup was embarrassing with only The Mandalorian as something worth watching. And yes there are some entertaining things to watch but not to have a Marvel show was poor planning.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I've said the same thing. Their launch lineup was embarrassing with only The Mandalorian as something worth watching. And yes there are some entertaining things to watch but not to have a Marvel show was poor planning.
The problem I see is this binge culture we have now with streaming. If Disney had released something right away it would have been consumed immediately, and then nothing available. Its better in the long run if Disney slowly releases content to build up anticipation, which is exactly what they are doing. This is my opinion at least, but Disney is doing it right.

Tony Perkis

The problem I see is this binge culture we have now with streaming. If Disney had released something right away it would have been consumed immediately, and then nothing available. Its better in the long run if Disney slowly releases content to build up anticipation, which is exactly what they are doing. This is my opinion at least, but Disney is doing it right.
Or they can put more resources into original content.

This is actually a big limiting factor with Disney+ compared to its competitors. Others, namely Netflix, can release whatever content it wants: documentaries, family entertainment, PG-13 action films, rated R films, foreign language, comedy specials, children’s shorts.....Disney really can’t.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

This is actually a big limiting factor with Disney+ compared to its competitors. Others, namely Netflix, can release whatever content it wants: documentaries, family entertainment, PG-13 action films, rated R films, foreign language, comedy specials, children’s shorts.....Disney really can’t.
Disney+ isn't the direct competitor for Netflix. The Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle is.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

And that was what was happening until you know this global pandemic shutdown all productions. They are starting to slowly ramp up again, so the plan just got delayed a little bit.

Everyone seems to forget it took Netflix YEARS to get to this point, not a couple months. So I don't know why anyone expected Disney to do it overnight. They are far ahead of where Netflix was when it started streaming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom