Incentive to Postpone/Rebook?

dreamfinder

No?

Why would they do that?

Alot of people were commenting that when WDW starting releasing all the policy changes and cutting back on entertainment that one of the reasons for this was to try to get people to change their bookings to lower the crowds to whatever level WDW deemed to be manageable. Depending on if you believe that WDW is at or below desired attendance levels may cause you to think that they may still be trying to shape bookings. Especially if they keep pushing back hotel opening dates, offering someone a small honorarium to change dates vs having to take a hit on the books by walking the guest to a more expensive hotel may be preferrable.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Alot of people were commenting that when WDW starting releasing all the policy changes and cutting back on entertainment that one of the reasons for this was to try to get people to change their bookings to lower the crowds to whatever level WDW deemed to be manageable. Depending on if you believe that WDW is at or below desired attendance levels may cause you to think that they may still be trying to shape bookings. Especially if they keep pushing back hotel opening dates, offering someone a small honorarium to change dates vs having to take a hit on the books by walking the guest to a more expensive hotel may be preferrable.
Disney is horribly below desired attendance and the resort occupancy is even worse.

JIMINYCR

I think Disney knows theyre going to get people in right now who are taking the trip, incentive or not. They probably are seeing it as a no win for them to release incentives now but once things start to turn around and people would be more into discussing the possibility of going back, Disney will open up the offers. Its going to have to be monetarily beneficial for them to do so and the time just isnt right now. Offers need to entice people and most who would bite are staying close to home for the foreseeable future.

Capsin4

They need to give incentives for people to come. Problem is, incentives needed will move them very far in the opposite direction of where they want to go with offers longer term.
They would’ve loved to have weened people off free dining by now and GE was supposed to help. I can’t imagine the disaster of free dining and people realizing their options are limited.
I’m looking at December and their resort prices are just absolutely ridiculous. They usually have soMething out by now. Maybe they’re working on something big for the fall. Military discounts aren’t gonna cut it.

With their massive logistics, I’d guess they might want to start thinking about preserving it with some revenue even if profit suffers. It’s gonna suffer anyway. It might come down to how much they’re willing to cheapen their brand.

KBLovedDisney

Yeah...they just sent me an email asking for me to join the DVC so I doubt they are doing anything right now for postponing or re-booking vacations.

They are bleeding money right now so I've heard and are trying desperately to get people back.

But with the virus and then this:
tenor.gif

It isn't lookin too pretty.

Wendy Pleakley

Incentives to rebook wouldn't make a lot of sense, unless it was in direct response to a cancellation request.

They're not offering up any incentives in general right now. I've looked at resort options for the Fall, because I'm delusional and/or in denial that way, and they're asking for $200 for Pop Century.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom