Resort Boats

EdnaMode

Original Poster
Are resort boats running, and if so....how are they doing social distancing for queuing and onboard? Thanks!!

Hcalvert

Yes. I rode the one from Poly and back. The majority of the seating has a sign on the seats not allowing people to sit in them. I believe at most 10 people can get on the Poly boat. They are running the bigger boats for Wilderness and Fort Wilderness. When I was there, the boat did not stop at Contemporary at all.

EdnaMode

Original Poster
Thanks for the description! Our Poly res is being cancelled, GF is off the table for me for our dates 🏀 so we're looking at Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower....

We wouldn't need the launch for MK of course, we could use the ferry to get to TTC and walk to Poly or GF for lunch. So maybe it's bus only between Contemporary and the dining options at Wilderness Lodge?

Thanks again!

nickys

Premium Member
Yes. I rode the one from Poly and back. The majority of the seating has a sign on the seats not allowing people to sit in them. I believe at most 10 people can get on the Poly boat. They are running the bigger boats for Wilderness and Fort Wilderness. When I was there, the boat did not stop at Contemporary at all.
The boat that circles Bay Lake stopping at the Contemporary isn’t the same as the one going from WL &/or FW to MK.

The only boats running from resorts just now are those going to MK.

The friendship boats from DHS to Epcot IG via the resorts are not running. Neither are the boats from resorts to Disney Springs.

Hcalvert

The boat that circles Bay Lake stopping at the Contemporary isn’t the same as the one going from WL &/or FW to MK.

The only boats running from resorts just now are those going to MK.

The friendship boats from DHS to Epcot IG via the resorts are not running. Neither are the boats from resorts to Disney Springs.
I just wanted the OP to know that they were not providing boat transportation to or from the Contemporary resort (at least when I was there).

westie

If the boats are only allowing 10 people what are the buses and monorail like? Does it take hours to get anywhere?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If the boats are only allowing 10 people what are the buses and monorail like? Does it take hours to get anywhere?
I was there last week and only waited more than 10 minutes one time for a bus. The buses came more often than “every 20 minutes” and once filled (I believe 20 guests was max) another bus was right behind.

The larger boats to FW/WL hold more than 10.

The monorail was on its usual timing to make the loop and we always got a seat (no standing allowed).

We had our car with us and planned to drive to the parks (assuming the worst) but never did. Disney transport was great!

Hcalvert

Each bus allows 6 parties and the size of the parties varies based on where they are located in the bus and the size of the parties (1-4 usually with larger parties taking more than one section). 20 on a bus is about right. I had a different experiencce on the busses at Jambo (the first 4 days of our trip). We and a whole lot of people waited a long time for busses for both AK and MK and they always arrived at the time the park opened, so there was no way to make it there beforehand. This may have changed, but we had enough of it. After that, we drove to the parks or rode the Poly boat to MK for the next 10 days.

Diane Hardt

We will be at OKW sept 8 and BWV sept 12. I was disappointed about the boats to Disney springs. I know the Port Orleans resorts are closed. But when I heard about no friendship boats on crescent lake I was VERY sad. At least at OKW we can take a bus. At BWV we have to walk to Epcot or walk to the skyliner at the IG at Epcot. That bridge just before has a big incline. I push my husbands wheelchair and count on the boats for a respite... sigh. I was holding out hope that once Yacht club opened they would start running them again. Think there’s a chance?

NeedMoreMickey

We will be at OKW sept 8 and BWV sept 12. I was disappointed about the boats to Disney springs. I know the Port Orleans resorts are closed. But when I heard about no friendship boats on crescent lake I was VERY sad. At least at OKW we can take a bus. At BWV we have to walk to Epcot or walk to the skyliner at the IG at Epcot. That bridge just before has a big incline. I push my husbands wheelchair and count on the boats for a respite... sigh. I was holding out hope that once Yacht club opened they would start running them again. Think there’s a chance?
can you switch to BCV or YC? You can avoid the hill by taking the path next to the water under the bridge

Diane Hardt

can you switch to BCV or YC? You can avoid the hill by taking the path next to the water under the bridge
Great thought! But we rented points from friends. Originally for a May trip. After covid she had us on waitlists. I agree beach club villas would’ve been better transportation wise. We stayed there once. The walk to Epcot was nothing! And now the skyliner is right there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom