Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

lentesta

Premium Member
What's the reason not to run it? It's a fairly short preshow with multiple rooms, it seems like they should be able to pulse people through that to the next room fairly quickly even with the limited numbers?

My guess is that the benefit of seeing the preshow is outweighed by the risk of putting 8 unrelated groups in a closed room for a few minutes, even with distancing in place.

Magic Feather

My guess is that the benefit of seeing the preshow is outweighed by the risk of putting 8 unrelated groups in a closed room for a few minutes, even with distancing in place.
I was under the impression that MMRR’s preshow was on the border of affecting capacity (let an empty car or two run here and there, but worked for the most part), during day 1 of cast preview to the point that Ops decided it was too risky and to just leave it cut.

gerarar

Premium Member
They still have the social distancing stickers/numbers in the preshow room. Actually in fact, they still have guests/groups/parties stand on each number for a minute or two before letting them thru the screen one by one by the CM. In some videos, the CM gives a small spiel before letting them pass.
2A28267A-410E-4A94-A89D-A255BACD589C.png

Purduevian

I kinda wonder if they could make a hybrid option where at least some people get to watch the preshow?

Option 1:
Let people choose at a split whether they want to watch the short, or skip it. (Might not be enough)
Option 2:
Fill up the post pre show queue, run the preshows at full covid capacity until the post preshow line hits a certain point, then fill it up again with people skipping the pre show

rodserling27

I rode this for the first time this week. I was very confused by the lack of pre-show and how the movie screen got a big hole in it, so after we didn't watch it, I pulled out my phone and watched it on YouTube in the next room. It really doesn't make sense that they have guests stand in that preshow room for a few minutes and DON'T play the film. At least in Dinosaur they are playing the film continuously, so there's a good shot you can see it while waiting in line in that room. Why not do the same for this, or better yet, just play it and keep the doors open? It's an essential part of the setup if you ask me.

Loved the ride, by the way. So much so that I turned around and went right on it again immediately after getting off!

peter11435

I rode this for the first time this week. I was very confused by the lack of pre-show and how the movie screen got a big hole in it, so after we didn't watch it, I pulled out my phone and watched it on YouTube in the next room. It really doesn't make sense that they have guests stand in that preshow room for a few minutes and DON'T play the film. At least in Dinosaur they are playing the film continuously, so there's a good shot you can see it while waiting in line in that room. Why not do the same for this, or better yet, just play it and keep the doors open? It's an essential part of the setup if you ask me.

Loved the ride, by the way. So much so that I turned around and went right on it again immediately after getting off!
The special effect in the preshow makes it not possible to play the film with the doors open or have it run on a continuous loop.

Surferboy567

It really doesn't make sense that they have guests stand in that preshow room for a few minutes and DON'T play the film. At least in Dinosaur they are playing the film continuously, so there's a good shot you can see it while waiting in line in that room. Why not do the same for this, or better yet, just play it and keep the doors open? It's an essential part of the setup if you ask me.

Came in here to say this. I still can’t believe it isn’t running.

Tom Morrow

Back in March I don’t remember the interior queue music being notable but now I’m hearing instrumental music from the cartoon shorts. Is this new?

By the way, we walked straight through the pre-show theater.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom