News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

revancho

Talked to the guest experience team, and they gave me very specific instructions. Got group 6 today.

Every single person said don’t use their Wifi. Then I was told to look at the Virtual Queues page from the menu in the bottom right hand corner. From that page, pull down to refresh the page at exactly 10am and then click the join button. The button will not change at 10am, you just have to click.

gerarar

Premium Member
It was 140 days ago that I last rode ROTR. I missed this ride so freaking much. I had chills through most of it and had to choke back some tears. Overall a great run.
We we’re stuck in the cell a solid 3-4 minutes. It’s been a while, but all effect were working as far as I could tell except maybe the probe scanner. Does that piece usually move? My R5 was operating as normal and AT-AT room as well.

Edit:
Before going into the cell our officer told us our colors and specifically said it would be used for your vehicles. I’ve never heard any of them say that before, usually they say it’s for “interrogation purposes.” I’m guessing they’re trying to limit the confusion some have when the doors open to the vehicles.
Regarding the first item in spoiler note #1, it normally moves and was in the same position for me on Tuesday. If that’s the only malfunction I think we should all call it a win.
On top of that, the probe droid has a laser scanner that you can see projected on the wall. It moves along the wall and eventually will point to your direction as the droid rotates/moves. However, this laser effect has been gone since the park reopened. Seems like the droid being static as reported by you two is a brand new broken effect.

Laser effect:
91B6E470-9E68-4EB0-9972-F11FE051A48D.jpeg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
On top of that, the probe droid has a laser scanner that you can see projected on the wall. It moves along the wall and eventually will point to your direction as the droid rotates/moves. However, this laser effect has been gone since the park reopened. Seems like the droid being static as reported by you two is a brand new broken effect.

Laser effect:
View attachment 486826
Sadly that would an easy fix.

I was talking to someone yesterday about some stuff. Rise has the most B modes built in of any attraction to date.

gerarar

Premium Member
Sadly that would an easy fix.

I was talking to someone yesterday about some stuff. Rise has the most B modes built in of any attraction to date.
Yup! It’s amazing how much the imagineers thought of and integrate into this attraction. Here’s a list of B-modes that I’ve come across:

• Only one transport vehicle running, starts on Track B (side AT-AT) and merges to Track A (front AT-AT) on approach to probe droid.
  • After the bridge, when Kylo approaches you in the elevator — if moving screen doesn’t work, Kylo drops down instead, but there’s a slight pause of 3 seconds before it happens to make up time lost for when Kylo would usually walk towards you with his lightsaber.
  • If lightsaber effect in elevator doesn’t work, there’s different music that plays and the transport doesn’t move/squirm anymore. R5 also doesn’t screech as there’s nothing to screech at.
  • If canons in cannon room are not working properly, the canons stay static. There’s actually 2 different modes here (I guess you can call this a B- and C-mode). One is where the canons still fire and the blast effect still shows on the screen, as well the noises from the cannon blasts. The other is if the canons don’t fire, which doesn’t reflect on the screen and in the audio/soundtrack. Therefore, there seems to be separate video feeds for the screens when the canon room isn’t in A- Or B-mode. Note, canons are still static in either option. Also, the transport vehicles themselves do a little dance — they lunge forward then backward, then forward again to continue on their way. Also, different music plays if the canons are not firing since there’s no blast noise from when they do.
  • Final Kylo AA encounter is down, Kylo appears in his ship on the screens. This actually makes the transport in Track A (front AT-AT) go first towards the escape pods instead of Track B vehicle. Normally, Track B always leads the pack after the probe droid encounter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom