Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We're canceling Christmas now? What does that even mean? Lol.
Dr. doofenshmirtz is somewhere smiling right now....not even Phineas and Ferb can save Christmas this time ;););)

I think she meant Christmas parties at the parks not Christmas in general...at least I hope. So far the North Pole has no confirmed cases of Covid, but they have a travel ban on FL, TX, AZ and Brazil so Santa has to quarantine for 14 days when he gets back from delivering the gifts.

Dizneykid

Dr. doofenshmirtz is somewhere smiling right now....not even Phineas and Ferb can save Christmas this time ;););)

I think she meant Christmas parties at the parks not Christmas in general...at least I hope. So far the North Pole has no confirmed cases of Covid, but they have a travel ban on FL, TX, AZ and Brazil so Santa has to quarantine for 14 days when he gets back from delivering the gifts.

Easter was in full swing during the peak 😉 That bunny was essential in my house.

TrojanUSC

I've spoke with a a few dozen people who tested positive and only a few (2 or 3) had symptoms that were beyond headaches, runny nose, loss of appetite. Same goes from what I've spoken with others who know people who tested positive. Mild symptoms.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it doesn't hit some people hard, (mostly seniors), but it seems that a majority of the people who get it recover fairly quickly with mild symptoms.

There are currently more people hospitalized in the 18-49 demo than in the 65+. Stop saying its "mostly seniors" who get hit hard.

oceanbreeze77

exactly.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Easter was in full swing during the peak 😉 That bunny was essential in my house.
My first trip to Target with the mask rule in place was to make an emergency pickup of Easter candy the day before Easter. We ordered stuff online but the package got lost by FedEx. Somewhere there’s a FedEx driver still chowing down on my chocolate bunnies and peeps. They have been through a lot with this pandemic so I forgive them :)

Dizneykid

My first trip to Target with the mask rule in place was to make an emergency pickup of Easter candy the day before Easter. We ordered stuff online but the package got lost by FedEx. Somewhere there’s a FedEx driver still chowing down on my chocolate bunnies and peeps. They have been through a lot with this pandemic so I forgive them :)

Lol you saved the day. Oh my gosh you have no idea how much Easter meant to us this year. Nobody was messing with me on that day. Lets just talk about Easter and forget about covid for a second. 😉 Cadbury 😍

Kevin_W

something interesting that I read during the beginning of the pandemic (can't find the article, but it was from march) was that they were finding that people who workout a lot and are really really fit, were having a difficult time overcoming their symptoms. It said it was partially due to their cardiovascular system being in overdrive. I wish I could find the article but I would like to see more research on that.

And there are many articles saying the opposite as well.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Doctors have also said on mainstream TV that they would put their kids in school without hesitation. We can always find confirmation bias when we look for it. CDC is supposedly the holy grail of covid wisdom and they want kids in school.

Check out that published date

We already dealt with that above. Read the entire article...

"The best available evidence from countries that have opened schools indicates that COVID-19 poses low risks to school-aged children, at least in areas with low community transmission"

Get your rate of positive under 1% and no one will argue with you over whether to send kids back to school.

Mr Bill

Senior citizens aren't being hospitalized due to COVID because they're afraid of going to the hospital? This is a very interesting hypothesis.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Get your rate of positive under 1% and no one will argue with you over whether to send kids back to school.
Honestly asking..., are positive rates for other infectious diseases under 1%? Seriously, I'm honestly asking. I could Google it, but I know that you already know or at least will figure it out. But if the rate of positive is under 1% for other infections, that would definitely make your post more valid , in my own opinion of course...which isnt much in the larger scheme of life.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Honestly asking..., are positive rates for other infectious diseases under 1%? Seriously, I'm honestly asking. I could Google it, but I know that you already know or at least will figure it out. But if the rate of positive is under 1% for other infections, that would definitely make your post more valid , in my own opinion of course...which isnt much in the larger scheme of life.

I don't know either and haven't looked it up yet, but for each communicable disease, you not only have to account for the positivity rate but as well as the rate of death and serious damage (e.g., like Polio leaving people no longer ambulatory), and how infectious it is (the R-naught).

So, when I mention less than one percent, that's already considering COVID's death/injury rate and infectiousness. At one percent, contact tracing isn't overwhelmed and the community spread can be stopped.

A common cold, OTOH, could have a much higher positivity rate right now in the population, but given how little damage it does, there's no real concern to get its positivity to under 1% (although, if people stayed home when they had a cold...).

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I don't know either and haven't looked it up yet, but for each communicable disease, you not only have to account for the positivity rate but as well as the rate of death and serious damage (e.g., like Polio leaving people no longer ambulatory), and how infectious it is (the R-naught).

So, when I mention less than one percent, that's already considering COVID's death/injury rate and infectiousness. At one percent, contact tracing isn't overwhelmed and the community spread can be stopped.

A common cold, OTOH, could have a much higher positivity rate right now in the population, but given how little damage it does, there's no real concern to get its positivity to under 1% (although, if people stayed home when they had a cold...).
I appreciate you're response. Thank you, Sir (or ma'am).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom