I wish Walt Disney World would have a shoe store inside their theme parks and hotels.

unmitigated disaster

I dread at times is going to the shoe store. Waiting for a staff member that is stressed out to help you when the shoe store is packed with people, trying multiple pairs etc. Not my idea of doing that on vacation.
I go to a shoe store that actually trains their staff, so when I tell them "I need shoes for my wide, fat, high-arched supinating feet" they know exactly what I'm talking about.

I got picky about my shoes after working at Eastbay for 2 years.

NelleBelle

I go to a shoe store that actually trains their staff, so when I tell them "I need shoes for my wide, fat, high-arched supinating feet" they know exactly what I'm talking about.

I got picky about my shoes after working at Eastbay for 2 years.
We have a few shoe stores like that. I also have a list of shoes brands and models from my sports medicine podiatrist I found when I was big into running. I still see him for other foot and ankle issues now that I’ve stopped but he is probably my single best source of shoe recommendations—has a treadmill that he films both walking and running gait patterns. As a therapist, O geek out over that kinda thing 🤓

dreamfinder

Not worth it to Disney. Two stores that focused on shoes at Disney Springs have closed, Fit2Run and whatever the sneakerhead store was (The Vault?) And as pointed out, there are plenty of locations that sell at least a few choices of footwear. Sure, flip flops or crocs may not be your ideal footwear, but if your shoes break, or get wet, they will more than do the job.

Raineman

I think some people, especially people who are new to WDW, underestimate the value of footwear to a good vacation at WDW, so having options is a good thing. It took me a few times to learn. First trip as an adult, only 3 days at WDW, and I wore sandals (not good). Second trip, had a pair of Sketchers, worked well. Third trip, a pair of low-rise Converse-they were literally falling apart at the end of the week. Our last trip I wore Adidas Superstars, and they were probably the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn at WDW.

Lilofan

Not worth it to Disney. Two stores that focused on shoes at Disney Springs have closed, Fit2Run and whatever the sneakerhead store was (The Vault?) And as pointed out, there are plenty of locations that sell at least a few choices of footwear. Sure, flip flops or crocs may not be your ideal footwear, but if your shoes break, or get wet, they will more than do the job.
Disney is not going in the shoe selling business for guests looking for another pair of shoes when theirs " break". Disney sells volume merchandise that's why they don't sell shoes in theme parks and hotels. International Drive, Kissimmee, outlet malls are just an Uber ride away if one needs shoes.

Mickey5150

I dread at times is going to the shoe store. Waiting for a staff member that is stressed out to help you when the shoe store is packed with people, trying multiple pairs etc. Not my idea of doing that on vacation.
A shoe store run by trained Cast Members could lead to a vastly more positive experience. Disney could use the app to allow people who want a proper shoe fitting experience to make a shoe reservation. With the popularity of runDisney events I think there is a place for a Disney shoe store, especially when they give coupons to anyone in the races.

dreamfinder

Disney is not going in the shoe selling business for guests looking for another pair of shoes when theirs " break". Disney sells volume merchandise that's why they don't sell shoes in theme parks and hotels. International Drive, Kissimmee, outlet malls are just an Uber ride away if one needs shoes.

Yup. The options they have on property work in a pinch. If you don't like them, plenty of other options nearby. That's why I said it's not worth it to Disney. Just like how they only stock one brand of diapers in basic sizes. Enough to get you through the day in a pinch if you run out, and then plenty of places nearby to get your desired options.

A shoe store run by trained Cast Members could lead to a vastly more positive experience. Disney could use the app to allow people who want a proper shoe fitting experience to make a shoe reservation. With the popularity of runDisney events I think there is a place for a Disney shoe store, especially when they give coupons to anyone in the races.

Nope, it's been tried. NewBalance stopped sponsoring runDisney events. Even with the demand that required them to use online reservations to buy the shoes. Fit2Run also used to be a sponsor of the events and would usually do something tied into the events, but they also bailed & closed up shop. Not sure if you have done any of the events, but the expos did have several stores there as vendors that sold everything a runner would need, shoes included. A 10-15% coupon for normal shoes just isn't going to be enough to convince a runner to buy shoes on vacation, especially when most races back at their homes would offer the same perk if a shoe store sponsored it.

jaklgreen

There can be a compromise. I don't think that you need a whole store dedicated to shoes, but they could have more shoes available in their gift shops. The few that they have had that are Disney themed, are not something many people would buy, otherwise they would have more of them. I have big feet for a woman so I struggle to find shoes anyway so I go prepared. This would really be catering to those who think that they will be able to walk all day after day in flip flops. I really feel sorry for some little kids that I see in flip flops. One family stuck out on a trip. This little girl had on really cheap flip flops that she could barely keep on her feet and was lagging behind with her parents yelling at her to hurry and keep up. Parent fail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom