Best themed land in each Park

bdearl41

Original Poster
Hey guys. Fun opinion times where we don’t have politics or Covid involved.

which “land” in each park do you think is the best themed?

MK- For me this was the toughest for sure. I think they all are quite good but two stood alone. I ended up going with Main Street USA over Liberty Square. To me Main Street is Disney World and is not only seamlessly themed but carries that immersive experience better than the other MK land.

Epcot- Mexico Pavilion. I picked this because it’s a pavilion that we’ll exemplifies three aspects of Mexico. First Outside the beach mariachi vacation vibe with. Then the towering pyramid reflecting the ancient Aztec and Mayan culture. Finally the night market of Oaxaca. Having been it feels like colonial Mexico more than one would think.

DHS- To be fair this park is a bit of a themed disaster but Star Wars Galaxy Edge, even though I haven’t been had to be probably the greatest themed land ever built.

AK was tough too as Africa and Asia both are great. Even though I think Expedition Everest is the best themed ride outside of Star Wars at WDW I went with Africa. It feels authentic down to the telephone poles and wires. The safari is one of a kind and the food is really stepping up to meet the continent.

what do y’all think?

Walt Disney1955

In Magic Kingdom you probably can't go wrong with either of them. The bottom two I would say would be Tomorrowland and Fantasyland with Tomorrowland being the least well-themed. Fantasyland in Disneyland is much better done and more immersive. Not so in Magic Kingdom, which is weird because they have the room.

So it comes down to Adventureland, Main Street, Frontierland and Liberty Square. I'd pick one of the last two. Frontierland does do a good job at putting you in the past as does Liberty Square. Heck, it is a toss up between these two.

Epcot can be either of the countries. Norway, Germany, Morocco, United States, England, Mexico, etc. Canada is alright, I can see how Canada is perceived from an American perspective (don't worry, us Canadians are used to being portrayed that way) but there are parts of Canada that do have that rustic nature-like feel to it.

As on add-on, I would say New Orleans Square in Disneyland could arguably be #1.

NiarrNDisney

My picks:

MK - Main Street USA (What can I say its just a magical throwback to a time when life was a little simpler. Always makes me think of Disney's live action films like Pollyanna or Summer Magic that could have easily been filmed there)

Epcot - Morocco (I have not been to the actual country but I must say the King sending artists to work on the tile and architecture of the pavillion was the thing that took it over the top)

DHS - Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard (I always remember the tagline: The Hollywood that never was but always will be) I think the Imagineers hit it spot on with all of the iconic theater and landmark facades and the Citizens of Hollywood truly bring you to that Golden era)

DAK - Africa/Harambe (Honestly it looks like what it is supposed to be, a town somewhere in Africa that had political trauma but has bounced back to become a place that is striving to modernize itself, sharing and educating the world the importance of ECO tourism and the beauty of the animal kingdom.

Last edited:

Heppenheimer

In Magic Kingdom you probably can't go wrong with either of them. The bottom two I would say would be Tomorrowland and Fantasyland with Tomorrowland being the least well-themed. Fantasyland in Disneyland is much better done and more immersive. Not so in Magic Kingdom, which is weird because they have the room.

So it comes down to Adventureland, Main Street, Frontierland and Liberty Square. I'd pick one of the last two. Frontierland does do a good job at putting you in the past as does Liberty Square. Heck, it is a toss up between these two.

Epcot can be either of the countries. Norway, Germany, Morocco, United States, England, Mexico, etc. Canada is alright, I can see how Canada is perceived from an American perspective (don't worry, us Canadians are used to being portrayed that way) but there are parts of Canada that do have that rustic nature-like feel to it.

As on add-on, I would say New Orleans Square in Disneyland could arguably be #1.
Agree with New Orleans Square, especially at night. The transition from Disneyland's Adventureland to New Orleans Square also feels more seamless than the Magic Kingdom's Adventureland to Frontierland corridor.

Speaking of Disneyland, for California Adventure, although I particularly like the calm, shaded area around Grizzly Peak and the Grand Californian, Cars Land takes the cake. Pixar Pier gets my vote for the worst theming in any US-based Disney park. Paradise Pier worked just fine for what they were attempting, Pixar Pier may as well be named Chapek Village.

belledream

MK: Shoutout to Frontierland! I don’t know what it is... maybe it’s the music, the shops with their little posts and porches, combined with the Florida heat, but it really transports me to a place I’ve never been to.

EP: Agree with Mexico. Once you step inside that pyramid and approach the marketplace, you hear the fountain tinkling away, smell something savory from San Angel Inn coming your way, and look up and see the ‘night sky’ with lanterns flowing away. Oh and the little flowerbeds along the windows. I love those.

HS: Though Galaxy’s Edge is undoubtedly impressive, I’m not well-versed in Star Wars so it’s not the land my mind jumps to in these discussions. I have to go with Hollywood Boulevard. Love the architecture of all the shops, their window displays, and of course, Pluto wagging his tail.

AK: Asia. Maharajah Jungle Trek.

PolynesianPrincess

Magic Kingdom - Even though people love to hate it, I REALLY love Tomorrowland. I just hear the original PeopleMover spiel in my head and it makes me think of the trips from when I was younger.

Epcot - It's always been a toss up between Mexico and France. I love the interior of the Mexico pavilion and the boat ride and the smell... and France is just so quaint and they have macarons which are my FAVORITE! Plus with the addition of Ratatouille which has been an all time favorite of my sister's and mine since it was released is going to make it so much better!

MGM - I love GE but there is something about Sunset Boulevard that puts it at #1 for me. The neon signs, the little shops, the "old Hollywood" feel with Tower looming in the distance.

AK - No contest, Africa. It really feels like you're there and being a huge animal lover, the safari being there is icing on the cake.

Can we also talk about Disneyland? New Orleans Square and Cars Land, hands down!

Minnesota disney fan

MK: Adventureland, for all the other posters reasons:) (I didn't know the Main ST. was a land?)
Epcot: I love the Morocco area, but can't stand the smell. So will go with England. Love the tea area, the back of the building with it's "hidden Garden" (feels like to me), beautiful buildings.
AK: AFrica for the Safari Ride and the animal trails.
HS: Sunset Blvd with it's old Hollywood appeal. Never get tired of that, as alot of others here:) The TOT at the end of the Blvd is the icing on the cake. (SWGE isn't even in the picture for me. Loved the SW movies (originals), but don't like the land with it's shopping center in the middle. Of course has ROTR, so)

LastoneOn

Hey guys. Fun opinion times where we don’t have politics or Covid involved.

which “land” in each park do you think is the best themed?

AK - ASIA

Even if Everest weren't there. The addition of the theater garbaged it up a bit, but the vacant shoreline wasn't the best either. If they could have built more organic, irregular "ancient" kind of seating.like an old Greek/Roman amphitheater, it would fit better, but that' wasn't going to happen.

Heppenheimer

MK: Adventureland, for all the other posters reasons:) (I didn't know the Main ST. was a land?)
Epcot: I love the Morocco area, but can't stand the smell. So will go with England. Love the tea area, the back of the building with it's "hidden Garden" (feels like to me), beautiful buildings.
AK: AFrica for the Safari Ride and the animal trails.
HS: Sunset Blvd with it's old Hollywood appeal. Never get tired of that, as alot of others here:) The TOT at the end of the Blvd is the icing on the cake. (SWGE isn't even in the picture for me. Loved the SW movies (originals), but don't like the land with it's shopping center in the middle. Of course has ROTR, so)
Love that Garden. One of the few truly quiet, out-of-the-way spots in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom