Rate the Scariest WDW Rides

graphite1326

Original Poster
1 thru 5 stars ***** 5 being the scariest. I know Disney rides aren't like other theme parks. But keep it as just Disney rides
EE *****
ToT ****
RnR Coaster ****
Splash Mt ***
Space Mt **
Mt Railroad *
Test Track *
Soarin no stars
Mine Train definitely no stars
Slinky Dog no stars

bdearl41

Alien Encounter was *****. Always will be the best horror ride Disney had. Wish they could bring it back.

For thrills I’d say:
Tower of Terror****
Rock N Rollercoaster***
Everest**
Thunder Mountain**
Space Mountain**

Disstevefan1

I love coasters, but believe it or not, Space Mountain makes me uncomfortable with all its noises! It sounds like it's going to fall apart! :) But I still ride it any chance I can, but (pre COVID) whenever I walked by it, was a 80 minute wait.

JohnD

M:S (Orange) *****
RnRC *****
TOT ****
EE ****
DINOSAUR ***
SpaM ***
BTMR ***
TT **
ST **
M:S (Green) **
SplM *
SDD *
7DMT *
Soarin
FOP

Walt Disney1955

Space Mountain:

Some humans can run faster
Some fish can swim faster

28mph just ain't all that scary,... to me

Man, what humans do you know? Usain Bolt at his peak runs around 30mph and he could only do that for maybe 150-200m at best.

Anyway, Space Mountain is a classic example of how Disney can work their magic. No way does that feel like it is going 28mph.

1 thru 5 stars ***** 5 being the scariest. I know Disney rides aren't like other theme parks. But keep it as just Disney rides
EE *****
ToT ****
RnR Coaster ****
Splash Mt ***
Space Mt **
Mt Railroad *
Test Track *
Soarin no stars
Mine Train definitely no stars
Slinky Dog no stars

Thunder Mountain is at least 2 stars, I think. Definitely has enough ups and downs and turns to feel at least a little thrilling. It won't satisfy the guy who goes to Cedar Point to get his thrills but it is definitely classified as a roller coaster.

I think Splash is probably one star. The only thrill is at the end. Which is good, but it is Small World throughout the rest of the ride.

Tower of Terror deserves its 4 stars. Definitely a lifeless feeling as you are falling to the ground. The theming alone makes this a 4 star rating.

Everest has 5 stars eh? Hmmm. Well, my mom did scream blue murder when she saw the "broken" track at the top of the ride thinking it was real. I think the backwards curl in the dark is pretty thrilling and you do go pretty fast at different times on it.

NelleBelle

I totally forgot about Mission Space! The orange side I've ridden once and that was before they added the tamer "green side". I'll never ride that ride again, not because it was scary or anything, but because I felt like I was going to pass out and when the ride was over, I had blood vessels that had ruptured in my eyes, so I looked like someone had assaulted me! But I do like the "green side"--I'd rank it like I'd rank Star Tours and Smugglers Run--1/2 *? I like all those rides a lot and they're fun, but they're not really thrilling

Giss Neric

Mission Space ORANGE. Every time I ride this I'm having anxiety that I might puke while in the ride or develop a migraine/headache after and ruin my day. I always prepare myself before riding. It's just the anticipation of how my body will react that scares me. I love the ride and the G-forces that makes me wanna ride it again and again.

Heppenheimer

I'm still scared to ride and go down the Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach.
I describe the experience of riding Summit Plummet as similar to the scene in 2001: A Space Odyssey where the astronaut goes through the dimensional portal. You briefly lose your sense of time and space.

Last edited:

Raineman

I love coasters, but believe it or not, Space Mountain makes me uncomfortable with all its noises! It sounds like it's going to fall apart! :) But I still ride it any chance I can, but (pre COVID) whenever I walked by it, was a 80 minute wait.
Space Mountain scares me, because it sounds like it is going to collapse every time I ride it. 45 years and no real overhaul of the track is frightening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom