News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

3-D

As long as everyone is throwing out their want list. I say:
Fill in the lake
Level Dino Rama
Give Nemo the boot. Last time I went I couldn't even make it to the end. Ive seen it enough and the seats are horribly uncomfortable.
That would make good size area for a new land and use the Nemo building for a dark ride.

The area is plenty big without filling in the lake.

GenerationX

Primeval Whirl and Stitch were just taking up space. Rivers of Light, on the other hand, was an entertaining show, especially given the constraints of a night time show at AK. Surprised it got the boot, as it would be pretty easy to section off every other row.

In my dreamworld, Stitch would be replaced with the original Alien Encounter. I never got to see that, as the kids were tiny tykes back then, and it was difficult to find time to ride something without them.

MickeyMouse10

They'll probably just leave "Primeval Whirl" abandoned for years like they did with Stitch. Especially now that they have a built in excuse.

But if we have a choice in the distant future of what will be made, I'd take any of the following.

Disneysea w/ a best of section w/ different creatures
Beastly Kingdom
a new Star Wars land
Raya and the Last Dragon

and heck even Zootopia would be better than Dinoland U.S.A

FigmentJedi

I don’t think a big budget fantasy adventure film about Figment and Dreamfinder would bomb. At all. Especially with Favreau.
Figment and Dreamfinder would be better served with an animated film. It's high time Disney actually does something with that CGI/2D blending tech they keep experimenting with in shorts on a full feature scale.

WDWVolFan

So many memories of my son’s first trip to Disney in Primeval Whirl. I am not gonna lie, I shed a tear when I read that. So sad.

brb1006

Figment and Dreamfinder would be better served with an animated film. It's high time Disney actually does something with that CGI/2D blending tech they keep experimenting with in shorts on a full feature scale.
Especially after seeing "Short Circuit" on Disney+, since one of the shorts used 2D/CGI imagery (especially "Just A Thought", "Exchange Student", and "Downtown").

cookiee_munster

In fact, Favreau could probably do a passable Dreamfinder all by himself...

I'd say give figment to Pixar and let them do a series of unique shorts. Airing them on Disney+ would be a great re-introduction to a new/younger audience without Disney having to wrestle with spending such a large budget on a feature length film.

Brer Panther

I'd say give figment to Pixar and let them do a series of unique shorts. Airing them on Disney+ would be a great re-introduction to a new/younger audience without Disney having to wrestle with spending such a large budget on a feature length film.
I was gonna suggest letting the guys at PIXAR do something with Figment myself. Between his cameos in Inside Out and Toy Story 4 and the school mascot in Onward bearing a striking resemblance to him, there's clearly a lot of Figment fans at PIXAR.

Homemade Imagineering

I was gonna suggest letting the guys at PIXAR do something with Figment myself. Between his cameos in Inside Out and Toy Story 4 and the school mascot in Onward bearing a striking resemblance to him, there's clearly a lot of Figment fans at PIXAR.
Yup! I can even remember the story where I believe it was Chapek, who pitched an inside out replacement of imagination devoid of Figment to Pete Doctor, to which Pete defended figment and wanted him to remain at Epcot.

MythBuster

After Frank Wells died, Disney had multiple attractions that were subpar in the years Eisner had remaining in his reign as CEO and it was not just Primeval Whirl. It was not just a WDW problem either.

I never went to Disneyland, but I read Disney California Adventure was a big disappointment in its early years with complaints about the park. Superstar Limo was so bad a ride that it did not even last a year before it closed down despite it being a DCA grand opening attraction.

In terms of WDW, Enchanted Tiki Room under New Management was not looked kindly by people like me. The 2nd version of Imagination was terrible and got replaced by a 3rd version.

I think the name you are looking for is Paul Pressler.

jeffnheather

Time to build Kuzcotopia!

kuzcotopia.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom