News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

FettFan

Heaven forbid there be an (updated) Indy stunt show in front of a ride. Wouldn’t want there to be too much to do at DHS.

Keep in mind, it was originally slated for demolition to keep Star Tours a part of Galaxy's Edge.
Disneys-Hollywood-Studios_Full_25063.jpg

Tom Morrow

Stitch - we all knew this. The attraction is dismantled already.

Primeval Whirl - it makes sense to close it to save money, it isn't a crowd pleaser or even a good ride, and seems to be a maintenance nightmare. Hopefully, when things recover, this means Dino-Rama will finally get the axe.

Rivers of Light - I actually really enjoyed it in its original form. It was beautiful and the music was great, almost Reflections of Earth level IMO. It did suffer from pacing issues though and a definite lack of a "punch" or wow factor that nighttime spectaculars need. The entire run of this show's existence was problematic from beginning to end. It sucks that there's now a huge stadium carved into the place that kind of ruined the atmosphere around Everest a bit, but I have confidence that it will be used again... sometime...

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
This just crossed my mind. There is a large section of the RoL seating not far from Primeval Whirl. Maybe there is something to be done with this whole area. Most of this area can be cleared and built upon rather quickly. The only question I have is...Where is the money coming from that would be used on any of this area?
View attachment 484151
Capture.PNG

If they do end up axing Dinorama, it looks like this could be room for a new D/E dark ride.

Chip Chipperson

The first 2-3 times I rode Primeval Whirl I kind of liked it and it was something to do in between FastPass selections when lines were long at other attractions. However, it really banged up my shoulder a few times and wasn't the most comfortable ride so I won't really miss it. Hopefully what ever eventually replaces it (however long that takes) will be something good and not just another cheap ride you could find on a boardwalk.

I'm surprised that they announced the end of Rivers of Light, although maybe I shouldn't be. I've never even stuck around to watch it, honestly. When we've been in AK after dark, we've always headed towards Pandora, Everest, or the Safari instead of sticking around to watch the show.

DisneyDean97

View attachment 484172
If they do end up axing Dinorama, it looks like this could be room for a new D/E dark ride.
Highly doubt they'll rip out the amphitheater for a new ride, unless the new attraction would be a coaster and they wanted it to swoop down or interact with the lake. Personally, I think the amphitheater will be saved as a new nighttime show will eventually come back. That being said, the red highlighted section (minus the amphitheater) is still plenty of room for an D/E ticket attraction. Doubtful Disney will greenlight anything this extensive, any time soon :/

WDW_Emily

I was really excited for RoL originally. I saw the multiple versions of the show and it never gave me the feels. I usually just used that time to ride Everest with a 5-minute wait. I liked the idea behind it It just always was meh for us. Which is unfortunate because I love all things Animal Kingdom/Joe Rohde.

Jphaddad96

I'm so sad for the AK Rivers of Light, I really enjoyed when I go to see it on February. We just need to wait until Disney gave us some new information about whats coming to Dinoland in the future. ¿maybe some new land (¿Indi's?, new attractions or a Rivers of Light 3.0?

Homemade Imagineering

I’ve said this before on other threads, but I really have a strong feeling that JII with Figment will meet its demise similar to how Stitch did, and I feel like it could follow suit, if Disney feels that the cost to operate the attraction isn’t worth it, since not many people visit the Imagination Pavillion nowadays.

Touchdown

Glad I got some last rides on PE in December and February (they would open that ride around 6ish on DAH nights, I never did DAH but right after seeing ROL in my way to Dinosaur I found it open with a 5 min wait. I’m a sucker for this type of ride, guess I gotta go back to Kennywood soon.

rle4lunch

I’ve said this before on other threads, but I really have a strong feeling that JII with Figment will meet its demise similar to how Stitch did, and I feel like it could follow suit, if Disney feels that the cost to operate the attraction isn’t worth it, since not many people visit the Imagination Pavillion nowadays.

Would anyone really miss the current iteration of JII? Honestly? I mean I've got pics of me in the rainbow tunnel from the 80's, so my heart is with the original. I have zero attachment to the atrocity that's there now.

Lirael

I really enjoyed PW. It was especially fun when you brought along someone who had never been to it before, just to see their reaction. But it was a lackluster and painful ride (I feel like my lack of kidney stones are solely thanks to PW lol) and I understand the need to let it go.

RoL I'm surprised about. It was a pretty night time show, even if not to the standards of the shows in other parks, it was still something

What disappoints me is that they aren't closing to be changed into something newer and better. Meanwhile money is spent changing the look of the female pirate over at PotC yet again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom