News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

FettFan

This might sound crazy, but could it possibly be Wakanda? After Black Panther's huge success, I figured getting a Wakanda land in the parks would be a huge success, and I think Animal Kingdom would be a great place to add it. Black Panther 2 is allegedly supposed to introduce Namor, Marvel's Prince of Atlantis into the MCU, so they could possibly use the river for something Namor related as well? I'm not sure if Black Panther is tied up in Universal/Disney drama, but if Universal hasn't introduced BP as a character yet, I severely doubt they have the rights.

1. No; because he's considered part of the Avengers "family", Black Panther's theme park rights east of the Mississippi River are still held by Universal.

2. You know good and well that Disney would just build a War Rhino Spinner in the middle of a "Wakanda Marketplace" (gift shop) and call it a day.

Rescue Ranger

I'm fine with this. Hopefully Rivers gets replaced with something better.

Dinoland needs to go. I love Dinosaur/Countdown to Extinction but I think this area would be better off repurposed as a mystical land with Dragons, Unicorns, etc. The entire area outside of the Dinosaur ride makes no sense and has no purpose in the park.

DisneyDean97

Hmm, after this announcement and all the cuts to Epcot's overhaul project, Epcot and Animal Kingdom seem like the two parks that will need the most attention once Disney is ready to invest again. Hopefully they'll be thought out additions and not cheap fixes.

FettFan

ummm The Good dinosaur, Indiana Jones,
Atlantis or Sinbad 1990.

baby_7.jpg

gertieposter1.jpg

Moka

y'all think when a new show arrives at the former RoL area (however long that'll be) it'll just be animal film IP again but just in a different (and hopefully more enjoyable) way?

M:SpilotISTC12

I would prefer Dinosaur staying as is, it's so far away from the rest of the land it hardly feels related anyway.

The carnival/whirl/spin area desperately needs some help now. Talk about wasted space, the only thing in operation currently in the entire area is the Spin.
If Dinosaur were to stay, it needs so much love. The ride looks worse and worse every year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom