News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

M:SpilotISTC12

Let’s just learn this through repetition: they are NOT sinking capex in during this financial situation.
Didn't say they would. But to have something just sitting there in plain sight just to rot is just sad. Especially since Dino Rama is all carnival games that can't operate during COVID. Thats why I said "Where would the money come from?" because obviously I'm quite aware of the financial uncertainty. I'm not even saying where it would come from in the short term. This is a long term problem and to have something close now just to rot and sit there for a long time is a problem thematically. So no repetition needed nor to imply that I don't understand the financial situation...

peter11435

To that level?

Half of studios...a water park...a nightclub complex...Couple of things in Tomorrowland...half of futureworld...

The record is not kind
I’m not really sure what you’re arguing here. The water park closed under Eisner not Iger. As did many other things including some on your list, and most of the things on your list have been or are being replaced.

JustInTime

RoL amphitheatre will be used again and the park will have nighttime hours. They are pruning some weeds in the current environment but all three sites will be used again within a few years. Disney does not make a habit of announcing closures when they have no intent of replacing them.
These were shuttered for years without any movement...

Pocahontas and her Forrest friends
Conservation station (reopened for now?)
Wonders of Life
The odyssey
Adventureland Veranda
Swan Boats
Skyway
River Country

Stitch has been “seasonal” for how long?

I don’t have much faith in these attractions being closed and replaced any time soon.

Stupido

This makes me really sad. I never was able to get back for Rivers of Light. I know it was hit with harsh reviews, but I absolutely was interested. Guess I'll just have to watch a video of it.

This just crossed my mind. There is a large section of the RoL seating not far from Primeval Whirl. Maybe there is something to be done with this whole area. Most of this area can be cleared and built upon rather quickly. The only question I have is...Where is the money coming from that would be used on any of this area?
View attachment 484151

This might sound crazy, but could it possibly be Wakanda? After Black Panther's huge success, I figured getting a Wakanda land in the parks would be a huge success, and I think Animal Kingdom would be a great place to add it. Black Panther 2 is allegedly supposed to introduce Namor, Marvel's Prince of Atlantis into the MCU, so they could possibly use the river for something Namor related as well? I'm not sure if Black Panther is tied up in Universal/Disney drama, but if Universal hasn't introduced BP as a character yet, I severely doubt they have the rights.

ToTBellHop

Wonders of Life
The odyssey
Adventureland Veranda
Swan Boats
Skyway
River Country

I don’t have much faith in these attractions being closed and replaced any time soon.
My point, moreover, is when they ANNOUNCE something is not returning, it’s typically because a replacement is planned. If they abandon something quietly, we are in for a long wait. Why create bad publicity when you can just pretend something isn’t there?

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

This makes me really sad. I never was able to get back for Rivers of Light. I know it was hit with harsh reviews, but I absolutely was interested. Guess I'll just have to watch a video of it.

This might sound crazy, but could it possibly be Wakanda? After Black Panther's huge success, I figured getting a Wakanda land in the parks would be a huge success, and I think Animal Kingdom would be a great place to add it. Black Panther 2 is allegedly supposed to introduce Namor, Marvel's Prince of Atlantis into the MCU, so they could possibly use the river for something Namor related as well? I'm not sure if Black Panther is tied up in Universal/Disney drama, but if Universal hasn't introduced BP as a character yet, I severely doubt they have the rights.

No, let’s put it in EPCOT 😂

spectromagic04

Wonders of Life
The odyssey
Adventureland Veranda
Swan Boats
Skyway
River Country

True but there was no announcement that they were officially closed. Like Stitch has been closed for 3/4 years but not officially announced until today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom