Moonlight Magic at HS

crawale

Original Poster
I had called, emailed and connected to chat and in all places was told registration for the September event would start today - July 15th at 9am E.T. Logged on and saw no way to register so I called. After 30 minutes I was told the event was 'postponed'. Again Disney seems to have no concern about informing guests. Nothing on the site to inform guests, no emails to DVC members. It is a pity that a company that previously was so concerned that guests have a good experience and now they have no interest. The supervisor I spoke with said she would pass on my concerns - well we all know where that will go.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Its a very fluid situation due to the pandemic.
Although I do get the feeling you didn't just chat with CM's yesterday and then logged in today to find it was postponed.
I'm guessing that it had been posted SOMEWHERE prior to this morning of its postponement due to the pandemic.
It should also just be assumed most extras are cancelled for some time.

**ETA I just googled and found that at least 6 days ago the registration was delayed indefinitely for September Moonlight Magic at HS.

I also found this thread on here in which they said the registration wording was changed 6 days ago.
You may want to follow this thread for developments.

Last edited:

crawale

Original Poster
Its a very fluid situation due to the pandemic.
Although I do get the feeling you didn't just chat with CM's yesterday and then logged in today to find it was postponed.
I'm guessing that it had been posted SOMEWHERE prior to this morning of its postponement due to the pandemic.
It should also just be assumed most extras are cancelled for some time.

**ETA I just googled and found that at least 6 days ago the registration was delayed indefinitely for September Moonlight Magic at HS.

I also found this thread on here in which they said the registration wording was changed 6 days ago.
You may want to follow this thread for developments.
I just received an email reply to my question about Moonlight Magic - question was did I need a park reservation for HS. The email was sent today and never mentioned that the event was postponed despite me stating the date I was interested in. My point was that CMs seem not to be informed as otherwise the CM would have said that the event was postponed. On the page on the DVC website there could have been mention of the fact that the event was postponed or cancelled or whatever. It is the difference between good customer service and whatever is being offered right now. Just saying.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I just received an email reply to my question about Moonlight Magic - question was did I need a park reservation for HS. The email was sent today and never mentioned that the event was postponed despite me stating the date I was interested in. My point was that CMs seem not to be informed as otherwise the CM would have said that the event was postponed. On the page on the DVC website there could have been mention of the fact that the event was postponed or cancelled or whatever. It is the difference between good customer service and whatever is being offered right now. Just saying.

You act like that is new though.
The phone and online CM's tend to get very little info and often times are told to answer questions to the best of their knowledge.
Is it right? No. But anyone that's had some experience with Disney knows that's how it is.
Best thing you can do to show your displeasure is to talk with your dollars and walk with your dollars. IMHO

Besides in the current situation I don't think even the higher ups know exactly what is going to happen.
And the event has not been cancelled or postponed but just the registration and the DVC website does reflect that.
We are all trying to navigate this crazy time and Disney is no different.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom