SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
Work is back on: (from Bioreconstruct)
EF906612-B069-4C58-BB65-B13D9633A917.jpeg
954DF384-610A-48CE-A36A-E1EC4A651F8C.jpeg

G00fyDad

Love, love, LOVE!
Things that still bother me (because I’ll never be satisfied)

1.) What is with the trees in the center planter blocking SSE?

2.)Flanking one side of SSE is one tree. The other side has been two trees for years. Get rid of them and bring back the palm trees!

While I would prefer palms as well I assume they are more worried about optics. In the high hurricane force winds that can sometimes rip through there they would inevitably have to add supports to keep them upright since palms have very small roots and therefore little base support. Having this on other palms throughout the property may not be a big deal but since this is the first thing you see when coming into EPCOT then they probably want to avoid that look. This is just my guess and opinion. :)

OIP.jpg

But then you see palms like this too so what do I know? 🤷‍♂️

DSC_0180.JPG

ppete1975

While I would prefer palms as well I assume they are more worried about optics. In the high hurricane force winds that can sometimes rip through there they would inevitably have to add supports to keep them upright since palms have very small roots and therefore little base support. Having this on other palms throughout the property may not be a big deal but since this is the first thing you see when coming into EPCOT then they probably want to avoid that look. This is just my guess and opinion. :)

View attachment 483872

View attachment 483873
but they dont have them on the palm trees behind spaceship earth?
1594825401857.png

tirian

View attachment 483872

View attachment 483873
Nope, it’s just because they grow high and make SSE look shorter than it is. SSE was surrounded by palms from 1982–c.2007. In 1982, they framed the sphere and looked great; by 2000, they were too tall.

jt04

Love, love, LOVE!
Things that still bother me (because I’ll never be satisfied)

1.) What is with the trees in the center planter blocking SSE?

2.)Flanking one side of SSE is one tree. The other side has been two trees for years. Get rid of them and bring back the palm trees!

The original did work well. But this may too. Looks like it will be better at blocking the view of the support legs as you approach through the grove of trees. Also enhancing the effect of SSE floating above because the trees can't get so tall as to block that view. The fountain should tie it all together. Point is, this might just improve on the first design.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom