Horse gets tangled with Balloon

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well that's the end of that then lol

Merida was out riding a horse today. So, I guess that wasn't the end of that. lololol

LOL. what an embarrassment.

Between the abandoned look of the park, the horse getting tangled up, the character panicking and running away in horror....not a good look for Disney. #shouldhavestayedclosed.

She didn't panic. There was no screaming or yelling. The horse was panicked and getting off a panicked horse is what you're supposed to do as soon as you can.

But nice spin! 🙄

Because I don't watch the parades usually I'm not sure if Merida usually rides the horse or not but from the multiple videos I watched yesterday she seemed very uncomfortable on the horse and the horse also seemed uncomfortable so when you add the balloon to the mix just not good.
And the way she scrambled away also makes me feel like she was kinda pushed to get on the horse when maybe she did not feel comfortable. Horses can tell these things.

She seemed comfortable to me. She was smiling and waving to people. She road the nearly-bucking horse like a champ. She dismounted quickly without a huge dress tripping her up. Total professional.

The horse was fine until it sensed something entangling its legs. So, yeah, horses can sense those kind of things. 🙄

Bleed0range

disciplining a child does not mean “hey imma go and slap my kid around for messing up!” - no. Also, I am in no way implicating to discipline any child for letting go a balloon, I was merely making a joke. Apologies for not inserting the laughing up in tears emoji to state that as the obvious. Perhaps that would’ve saved you from acting out in this fake outrage you just demonstrated.

Do I think the child should be disciplined over this particular incident? Yes. People including other children could have been hurt. Luckily, that’s not how it went down. It’s up to the parent to teach their kids these little valuable lessons that ultimately go a long way in their further growth and upbringing into adulthood.

That’s ridiculous. It was a little kid who accidentally let go of a balloon. Why would you discipline them? I wouldn’t have ever thought, oh this ballon could be dangerous. It’s a ballon.

disneygeek90

Because I don't watch the parades usually I'm not sure if Merida usually rides the horse or not but from the multiple videos I watched yesterday she seemed very uncomfortable on the horse and the horse also seemed uncomfortable so when you add the balloon to the mix just not good.
And the way she scrambled away also makes me feel like she was kinda pushed to get on the horse when maybe she did not feel comfortable. Horses can tell these things.
Have you ever been on a horse that panics? It’s incredibly uncomfortable and scary but she handled it well from what I could tell. A spooked horse is not something you want to mess with and she did everything correct.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Have you ever been on a horse that panics? It’s incredibly uncomfortable and scary but she handled it well from what I could tell. A spooked horse is not something you want to mess with and she did everything correct.
I said she looked uncomfortable on the horse in other videos I watched. In that clip she looked semi ok but still not like she feels comfortable on a horse in general.
Yes I have been on horses plenty and yes one that was spooked and I was almost thrown off.
I'm not saying she did not handle herself well in the situation but rather that maybe she should nor have been on to begin with.

disneygeek90

I said she looked uncomfortable on the horse in other videos I watched. In that clip she looked semi ok but still not like she feels comfortable on a horse in general.
Yes I have been on horses plenty and yes one that was spooked and I was almost thrown off.
I'm not saying she did not handle herself well in the situation but rather that maybe she should nor have been on to begin with.
I personally didn’t see an issue with how any of the cast members handled the situation or their general comfort level. Glad all were okay.

MickeyMouse10

The horses live at ft wilderness and there are a number of them that guests ride so it's not just in MK and I'm not sure why you think its "unfair" to them to be ridden.

It seems like too much of a workload, especially for one horse.

662564-1526317382-wide.jpg

Disney Analyst

It seems like too much of a workload, especially for one horse.

662564-1526317382-wide.jpg

It’s important to remember that horses have been bred to do this kind of work for... thousands of years. So it’s a great notion, but would also cause severe depression for the horse.

Horses will often get excited when they are the one who is chosen to leave the ranch and come over to the park to pull the carts. It’s great to let them graze all day... but these aren’t wild horses, they don’t find it stimulating enough.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
She seemed comfortable to me. She was smiling and waving to people. She road the nearly-bucking horse like a champ. She dismounted quickly without a huge dress tripping her up. Total professional.

The horse was fine until it sensed something entangling its legs. So, yeah, horses can sense those kind of things. 🙄

She definitely has riding experience and has been trained. They aren't throwing any actor up there and telling her to hold on.

Disney Analyst

It's one thing to carry around 1 person at a ranch where there aren't large crowds. It's another thing to put blinkers (site blockers) on them and have them pull 10-20 people around with immense crowds within feet of them.

But they are trained to do it... I don’t quite understand the argument. If you just snapped your fingers today and said “no more.” All those horses would literally suffer depression. They are fully capable of pulling that cart, by them self.

If anything you would have to do a very phased approach IMO. Allow the current working horses to work still, stop breeding them/ training new horses.

erstwo

WOW. What an OUTSTANDING job by every Cast Member involved! This just goes to show what quality cast members are employed by Disney. So many gifts and talents. To have someone who can not only play a face character, but have such experience riding horses. And those handlers - again I say WOW. Clearly experienced, calm and ready for any emergency situation.

Also, those cast members posted nearby - they knew what to do right away - even if it was just 'get out of the way'!

Mainahman

WOW. What an OUTSTANDING job by every Cast Member involved! This just goes to show what quality cast members are employed by Disney. So many gifts and talents. To have someone who can not only play a face character, but have such experience riding horses. And those handlers - again I say WOW. Clearly experienced, calm and ready for any emergency situation.

Also, those cast members posted nearby - they knew what to do right away - even if it was just 'get out of the way'!
Yea im not sure how that could of been handled any better. Clearly its something that they could, and did handle in a very professional way. Animal was calmed, and they made it a quick non issue. Im sure that lovely horse got an extra treat that night when it was returned to the stables.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom