Attraction Maintenance After Reopening?

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I was watching a couple of videos regarding WDW's reopening and I noticed that the trains on BTMRR looked incredibly faded and beat up. I'm guessing Disney didn't take the time to repaint or touch up anything on this ride - at least the trains, that is. That being said, I can't speak for the other attractions but this has me wondering.. for those of you who went back after reopening.. did Disney do any noticeably major / even minor maintenance work during timeout?

I know the castle was worked on, and apparently the yeti has been removed from Everest, but outside of that I haven't heard much.

DVCakaCarlF

I think you’ll start to see some maintenance, once the money is starting to come back in. You need to pair expenses with revenues.

JIMINYCR

My understanding was that initially some painting, maintenance, etc. was done, but once Buena Vista was shuttered, it stopped.
Yes.. At first Covid wasnt being addressed, but when it was decided to take action and close things down, they wanted to get everyone as possible who were non essential off property and avoid having Covid passed onto the CM's. Security and some other personnel were kept around.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
The reason I started this thread was because back in Feb 2019 I brought up that WDW attraction maintenance seemed to be lax. Several posters here told me it was because the parks have a small amount of rides and Disney couldn't afford to bring anything down and limit their guest capacity.

Well the parks have been closed for months and they still didn't do much of anything. Yet they can announce, and try to pull funding, for a Splash retheme?

Yeti is still there. The strobes are off
It might be important to post this in another thread.
Removing that Yeti would take a while.

Just revisited the EE status page. @Rod Serling also said what @EagleScout610 did. The strobe was just off. Woops my bad.

Sir_Cliff

Word is coming in from two days of AP previews at DLP. The park and the attractions apparently look superb.

It is possible.
Yes, I was just looking at the pictures and videos from DLP and the contrast is striking.

It seems in Paris they not only kept everything well-maintained during the lockdown, but they also completed some refurbs and the park is opening in excellent condition. It's a little surprising, as the lockdown in France was a lot stricter than it has ever been in Florida.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So sounds to me that yet again the US parks aren't getting the love they deserve. WDW has a number of rides that really could've benefited from some much needed TLC.

muddyrivers

Word is coming in from two days of AP previews at DLP. The park and the attractions apparently look superb.

It is possible.

It is possible even now with reduced guest capacity in the parks. Instead of running 5 BTMRR trains, run 4 and refurb the one offline. Or every attraction is open with the exception of one in each land which will be refurbed throughout the day even while guests are in the parks. Unfortunately, I think it all comes down to $$$ and the company trying to keep its hands on all the cash it already has and not wanting to part with any of it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It is possible even now with reduced guest capacity in the parks. Instead of running 5 BTMRR trains, run 4 and refurb the one offline. Or every attraction is open with the exception of one in each land which will be refurbed throughout the day even while guests are in the parks. Unfortunately, I think it all comes down to $$$ and the company trying to keep its hands on all the cash it already has and not wanting to part with any of it.
You’d have thought it would be a company wide thing but even before lockdown I found show quality to be far superior in Paris and Anaheim. Paris was a big welcome surprise in particular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom