Horse gets tangled with Balloon

champdisney

Apparently it was a kid who let go of it.
I figured it was. However, when looking at it from a parents perspective, I would’ve probably contemplated wrapping the day right then and there. Maybe I’m too strict but I don’t believe in disciplining kids at Disney, too many judging eyes and it’s just a tacky thing to do there. I do believe a lesson should be taught. After all, people could’ve gotten hurt and that right there is something valuable to teach. That and mentioning why they would let go of such a beautiful balloon in the first place... it’s pricey!

Jokes aside, this was unfortunate but luckily no one was hurt. I do think some kids have to hold on tighter to their balloons though.

Giss Neric

LOL. what an embarrassment.

Between the abandoned look of the park, the horse getting tangled up, the character panicking and running away in horror....not a good look for Disney. #shouldhavestayedclosed.
It was a freak accident dummy. If you're looking for reasons like this for them to not open then they sure did a pretty good job opening cause this has nothing to do with the virus.

Last edited:

Captain Neo

It was a freak accident dummy. If you're looking for reasons like this for them to not open then they sure did a pretty good job opening cause this has nothing to do with the virus.

I didn’t say it had anything to do with the virus

its just bad optics all around

Lilofan

For a moment it looked like this was going to end very badly for Merida and a couple other CMs. 😲
In the video there were a couple guests panicking and started to run inside the merchandise store. If the streets were packed with guests this could have gotten very ugly. The two cast members did a great job trying to control the horse.

Last edited:

champdisney

disciplining a child does not mean “hey imma go and slap my kid around for messing up!” - no. Also, I am in no way implicating to discipline any child for letting go a balloon, I was merely making a joke. Apologies for not inserting the laughing up in tears emoji to state that as the obvious. Perhaps that would’ve saved you from acting out in this fake outrage you just demonstrated.

Do I think the child should be disciplined over this particular incident? Yes. People including other children could have been hurt. Luckily, that’s not how it went down. It’s up to the parent to teach their kids these little valuable lessons that ultimately go a long way in their further growth and upbringing into adulthood.

Last edited by a moderator:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I figured it was. However, when looking at it from a parents perspective, I would’ve probably contemplated wrapping the day right then and there. Maybe I’m too strict but I don’t believe in disciplining kids at Disney, too many judging eyes and it’s just a tacky thing to do there. I do believe a lesson should be taught. After all, people could’ve gotten hurt and that right there is something valuable to teach. That and mentioning why they would let go of such a beautiful balloon in the first place... it’s pricey!

Jokes aside, this was unfortunate but luckily no one was hurt. I do think some kids have to hold on tighter to their balloons though.
I blame the parents. When I had a balloon as a child it was either tied to my wrist or to the handle of the stroller ( on the odd occasion we had one).
Not the fault of a four year old . And no need to end the day .

champdisney

I blame the parents. When I had a balloon as a child it was either tied to my wrist or to the handle of the stroller ( on the odd occasion we had one).
Not the fault of a four year old . And no need to end the day .

I was quite the butterfingers as a kid. Almost every balloon I had would somehow slip off my fingers and I would feel absolutely crummy over it (not because I got punished). It was a mistake and I am aware of that.

If it had been me and depending how bad I felt towards the situation (could’ve been a Christopher Reeves level of freak accident) I may have left or at least took a breather to gather my thoughts. Ultimately, I would know that it was me - myself and I who made the mistake.

Regardless, having a talk with your child about being careful would still be a useful thing to do after an incident like this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom