Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They're never prepared. And they've acted like they're going out of business since the 90s.
The price to value scale has never been so out of whack. It’s because of what they did before, during and after the last recession...

That ratio has what’s allowed them to easily navigate recessions before. It’s broken now.

Last edited:

milordsloth

War, terrorism, natural disasters, flu season, SARS, H1N1, Oil Crisis, shuttle disasters, impeachment, etc...everything is more “intense” now because of social media.

None of those were a reason to close WDW. This is so unprecedented because it is the first event since the parks opened that made it close for an extended period. We haven't seen a pandemic like this in a century, at least in terms of how the US was affected. Social media really didn't play much of a part in why the parks closed.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
None of those were a reason to close WDW. This is so unprecedented because it is the first event since the parks opened that made it close for an extended period. We haven't seen a pandemic like this in a century, at least in terms of how the US was affected. Social media really didn't play much of a part in why the parks closed.
Today was was the 117th day of closure for covid

4 for hurricanes
2.5 for international terrorism

That’s it

DisneyDebRob

The flu doesn’t impact travle

Hurricanes are disruptions on average for 3 or so days. Disney has closed for 4 total days due to hurricane in 48+ years

SARS and H1N1 were contained due to differences in virology, better leadership and some fortuitous luck.

The oil crisis was when Disney business was far smaller and required far less travelers to survive. Stock dynamics were also completely different then.

I don’t recall any impeachment restrictions in the parks...and no business was lost due to fear of falling shuttle debris.

Wars are good for business (rule of acquisition number 72)

And the terrorism analogy does not work...that is in my wheelhouse...don’t go there.

So again: what event can you point to that’s at all similar??
Hate when I have to correct you. Not on most of your post which is correct. But rule of acquisitions 72 is Never let your competition know what your thinking.War is good for business is # 34. I’ll take my nerd A.. out of here now. Continue.🙂

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hat when I have to correct you. Not on most of your post which is correct. But rule of acquisitions 72 is Never let your competition know what your thinking.War is good for business is # 34. I’ll take my nerd A.. out of here now. Continue.🙂
Lol...I was too lazy to look it up and picked a random number...

But now I know #35 is “peace is good for business”. Or was it 33??

Bwrinks

It started at $269 in 2002...just saying
For what it’s worth the price increase for the Poly Club Level Room from 2002 to 2011 outpaced inflation by 12.6%, assuming you are both comparing the same room type. I’d be curious what the jump was the last 9 years. I stayed in those rooms (non theme park view) a couple years back—need to look back and see what I paid.

Attachments

• 9B959361-3B46-46CB-A040-27E2194EDE7D.png
    9B959361-3B46-46CB-A040-27E2194EDE7D.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 32

DisneyDebRob

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For what it’s worth the price increase for the Poly Club Level Room from 2002 to 2011 outpaced inflation by 12.6%, assuming you are both comparing the same room type. I’d be curious what the jump was the last 9 years. I stayed in those rooms (non theme park view) a couple years back—need to look back and see what I paid.
My doctorate was in this.

There was a severe upward ark on prices from the late 90’s through about 2008ish... and jumped again 2012-15...and has slowed somewhat.

They actually ran into their pricing wall at some places...wilderness lodge being the poster child.

The standard rates starting at WL in the year 2000 was $99 a night. And was $355 but time they stut half down and gutted them for timeshares in 2015.

...if you believe in “coincidences”

spock8113

IMHO, if they don't delay like Disneyland, they are setting up to look just their governor, who by the way, is probably pressuring Disney because the unemployment rates for Orange and Osceola counties are 23.2% and 31.1% respectively. This may also be reason for the push to open schools so parents can go back to work at Disney. The Disney unions and the Florida teachers' Union are all saying there is too much rush just like re-opening in general. Regardless, here is Dr. Rebekah Jones' own COVID site for Florida that you can look at and decide what YOU want to do for yourself: https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/7572b118dc3c48d885d1c643c195314e/

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
IMHO, if they don't delay like Disneyland, they are setting up to look just their governor, who by the way, is probably pressuring Disney because the unemployment rates for Orange and Osceola counties are 23.2% and 31.1% respectively. This may also be reason for the push to open schools so parents can go back to work at Disney. The Disney unions and the Florida teachers' Union are all saying there is too much rush just like re-opening in general. Regardless, here is Dr. Rebekah Jones' own COVID site for Florida that you can look at and decide what YOU want to do for yourself: https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/7572b118dc3c48d885d1c643c195314e/
“One term” is the phrase that comes to mind.

The die is cast.

And Orlando is 90% tourism dependent. Locals never want to believe it...but they live it. Disney fans don’t want to believe it...but they’ve never done the research...

It is what it is.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Mine also. Just started it again 2 days ago, episode 10,1st season. Just popping in here before watching one more. It’s funny to see a rule being thrown around here when you just shut the tv off watching it. Easy transition.🙂
Season 4, episode 10-11 yesterday 😂

Seasons 2-3 are the best of any of the series - imho

Right up there and even better than TNG 3,4,6

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom