News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Just don’t use the character for goodness sakes. He’s canonically dead. It’s not like they don’t have a reason to exclude him.
If the motive of this retheme is to be non-controversial, injecting characters with fake stereotypical accents just isn’t bright.
By that logic all of the pirates in POTC need to be recorded by actual pirates because of the fake stereotypical pirate voices done by X Atencio and Frees.

erasure fan1

Just don’t use the character for goodness sakes. He’s canonically dead. It’s not like they don’t have a reason to exclude him.
If the motive of this retheme is to be non-controversial, injecting characters with fake stereotypical accents just isn’t bright.
If the goal for the retheme is to be non-contraversial, unfortunately they've already failed. As far as not using Ray, I just can't get excited about a PatF ride without all the best characters. A Tiana ride just screams meh to me.

Brer Oswald

If the goal for the retheme is to be non-contraversial, unfortunately they've already failed. As far as not using Ray, I just can't get excited about a PatF ride without all the best characters. A Tiana ride just screams meh to me.
Well, they have the Gator (remember when they banned those a few years ago? LOL), and hopefully Dr Facilier. His song is pretty darn good.

erasure fan1

Well, they have the Gator (remember when they banned those a few years ago? LOL), and hopefully Dr Facilier. His song is pretty darn good.
I do love Louis, but just the two of them and maybe Faciliers shadow and Ray as a star, won't cut it for me. This ride will have some of the biggest shoes to fill in theme park history in my eyes. I just don't have any confidence it will happen.

Surferboy567

Just going to put this here of course, for no particular reason.

EDIT:

This too, again for no particular reason.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

I always vastly preferred this song.

Sad that it’ll have no place in the ride and get omitted.

“Going down the bayou” HAS to be included...it is just that good. Human song is just whatever to me. I don’t hate it or love it. Dig a Little Deeper is incredible.

Found it funny these songs were just posted.

EDIT: Of course “friends on the other side” is up there as well.

Brer Oswald

“Going down the bayou” HAS to be included...it is just that good. Human song is just whatever to me. I don’t hate it or love it. Dig a Little Deeper is incredible.

Found it funny these songs were just posted.

EDIT: Of course “friends on the other side” is up there as well.
Different strokes

MickeyMouse10

You're being ridiculous. Charlotte is one of the most incredible characters in PatF, she is anything but rotten. There are literally essays about how refreshing Charlotte is as a character, and how beautiful her friendship with Tiana is. I don't know what your issue is, but you're not adding anything to this conversation.

I think that I've brought up a touchy subject with people. Charlotte is not a nice character for most of the film. She doesn't even want to give her best friend money to open her dream place. All she thinks about is what will make her happy and what she can get out of it. Throwing Big Daddy's money around like it's nothing (for dresses, parties, weddings and even beignets).

drizgirl

Heck I’d adore a NOS addition to WDW. Zydeco music brings happiness. Isn’t there an expansion pad nearby still? Reroute the paths and make it all fit.
There won't be a big addition like that to the MK for decades after all of this. If people thought the park was held together with duct tape before, they're going to be shocked at what the coming years are like.

MickeyMouse10

Heck I’d adore a NOS addition to WDW. Zydeco music brings happiness. Isn’t there an expansion pad nearby still? Reroute the paths and make it all fit.

Yep, to the left.

That's where I want them to build New Orleans Square as well. But I'm not sure Disney wants to spend the money for it. Especially with the parks being closed for so long. They'll probably just make Golden Oaks themed to PatF.

Last edited:

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
BREAKING NEWS!! The upcoming Princess and the Frog retheme of Splash Mountain has been canceled to make way for 'Cub Scout Mountain'.
IMG_20200709_173845_223.jpg

Figments Friend

Well you can't say the 'Splash Moutain' merchandise wasn't a successful sell.

Anyone hoping to get some Br'er character related merchandise at WDW is likely now out of luck now.

Here is what the scene looked like today at Magic Kingdom within an hour of opening for AP previews.
The local AP eBay 'flippers' cleaned house.

Note items shown in bags and boxes -

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom