AP's on monthly plan charged for the closed 4 months

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Just a point of clarity - while I understand Disney does ultimately share ownership of the issue, it should be noted that a third party controls the AP payment system. At least that’s my understanding. The third party screwed it up.
Sucks for those affected. I used a prepaid Walmart card so luckily it declined. That’s why I keep all my auto charges on a prepaid card.

jmp85

Hey team -- does anyone know if Disney has rolled out the options they promised were coming "in early July?" I originally requested our monthly payments be extended, but with the new reservation system, we'd like to cancel. I guess I should call the AP line, but I'm being a little lazy.

DCBaker

Premium Member
“Two Disney annual passholders have filed a lawsuit seeking class action status after Disney mistakenly charged them before the parks officially reopened from the coronavirus pandemic shutdown.

Disney’s error happened Friday, prompting a blaze of complaints on social media from passholders who were normally billed monthly but now had unexpectedly had lump-sum bills pending in their bank accounts. In April, Disney had promised not to bill passholders on the monthly payment plan until the parks were back open.

Sarah Heinman and Liza Bertran, both from Miami-Dade County, said they are among those passholders and filed an Orange Circuit Court lawsuit that day, seeking more than $30,000. They accused Disney of breach of contract.“

Last edited:

durangojim

“Two Disney annual passholders have filed a lawsuit seeking class action status after Disney mistakenly charged them before the parks officially reopened from the coronavirus pandemic shutdown.

Disney’s error happened Friday, prompting a blaze of complaints on social media from passholders who were normally billed monthly but now had unexpectedly had lump-sum bills pending in their bank accounts. In April, Disney had promised not to bill passholders on the monthly payment plan until the parks were back open.

Sarah Heinman and Liza Bertran, both from Miami-Dade County, said they are among those passholders and filed an Orange Circuit Court lawsuit that day, seeking more than $30,000. They accused Disney of breach of contract.“

Ridiculous. Perhaps Disney should get rid of paying for APs in installments. Never understood why the limited it to FL residents.

Rider

Ridiculous. Perhaps Disney should get rid of paying for APs in installments. Never understood why the limited it to FL residents.
My guess is that FL residents are less likely to default on payments. Imagine how quickly "One hot tip to save money that Disney hates!" would spread if people could pay $50 for their unlimited park hopping tickets on their week long vacation and then stop paying once they get home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom