News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Rich Brownn

Hate to say this but Hagrids is great because it is a newer type of rollercoaster that is fun and has decent theming. There is no story being told on that ride, at least not effectively.
Maybe because the pre-show isn't running. Hagrid is teaching a class to show you the Skrewts, which doesn't go as planned. The bikes take off on their own, Hagrid tries to use magic to fix it, fails, you're nearly burnt by the run away Skrewts (which you find) and you use the extra power on the bike to get back. During your run you also encounter Fluffy, pixies and a unicorn. I thought all that was pretty obvious, especially with the on board audio.

tirian

My humble opinion, i'd rather not have either. I don't think its apples to oranges though, Universal was never in the business of preserving sight lines, whereas early Epcot made that a priority. Simply put, there shouldn't be a coaster in Epcot at all, thus eliminating the need to choose between a ugly box or an ugly track to look at.
Unless Epcot gets Mt. Fuji... ;)

Homemade Imagineering

I think it was more the Kodak/Fuji film issue at the time.
Speaking of Kodak/Fuji film issues...
5120B496-5EDA-48E3-A53D-B0C32B503D0B.jpeg

Tonto

Maybe because the pre-show isn't running. Hagrid is teaching a class to show you the Skrewts, which doesn't go as planned. The bikes take off on their own, Hagrid tries to use magic to fix it, fails, you're nearly burnt by the run away Skrewts (which you find) and you use the extra power on the bike to get back. During your run you also encounter Fluffy, pixies and a unicorn. I thought all that was pretty obvious, especially with the on board audio.
Yeah, it’s not an effective story and that’s okay, it’s still an amazing ride

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom