Trip Report Completed: March 5-14, 2020: Our Return to WDW and the "Hips and Elbows People, Hips and Elbows!" edition

Hello everyone! It has been one month since we made our return to Walt Disney World, it was 593 days since we had been there. We hadn't been without Disney trips, we were annual passholders of Disneyland during that time. More info in my pre-trip report. Needless to say we were were excited to return. I was a little apprehensive for a few reasons: 1. what if I didn't like WDW as much any more after being away so long and maybe I had fallen too much in love with Disneyland. 2. I was slightly worried about this corona virus thing (maybe I should have been more worried), but I was hopeful we would get through the trip without having to think about it.

In case you don't want to go back to my pre-trip report let me give you a few more details:

Who: Amy and Brad (my husband)
Resort: Pop Century

Let's begin:

March 5, 2020

We had an early morning flight, it is a pain getting up at 3 am but we do like getting to our destination early and being able to spend a lot of our day at our vacation destination. Plus we were early birds so it wasn't too bad. Luckily there wasn't a snow storm and our flight out of Minneapolis was on schedule!

Not much was open so early but Caribou coffee!
1586132137822.png

Coming up more of our journey and lots of fun, food and beer!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
yep we cancelled our trip a month ago.... breaks my heart knowing that normally by tomorrow I was departing in Brussels for a two-week trip.. We have not yet booked another trip for 2021 as it is still unclear what the future might be for EU-citizens flying to the US. Hoping that we maybe can start planning another trip by the end of this year for July 2021.... we‘ll see!!

Pre-COVID-19 I was planning on going with friends from here in July 2021; now we’re going to have to wait and see if they would be able to fly in as well. In the meantime, I’ll just have to be satisfied with DLP. As my teenager has said « mom, Big Thunder with a mask is better than no Big Thunder ».

Laurenciaa

Pre-COVID-19 I was planning on going with friends from here in July 2021; now we’re going to have to wait and see if they would be able to fly in as well. In the meantime, I’ll just have to be satisfied with DLP. As my teenager has said « mom, Big Thunder with a mask is better than no Big Thunder ».
Indeed! But knowing the difficulties our friends here have to book anything at WDW, I also foresee some issues to reserve our spot(s) at DLP.. wait and see

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Thanks for the TR.
I have been putting off finishing it because as you were leaving on the 14th I should have been arriving☹️
Pictures were epic!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the TR.
I have been putting off finishing it because as you were leaving on the 14th I should have been arriving☹
Pictures were epic!

Thanks for the picture compliment. I can understand putting off finishing, I think it took me so long to finish because I didn't really want it to be over. Any plans to return again before the end of the year? Will your son be returning to school in FL or will it be virtual?

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Thanks for the picture compliment. I can understand putting off finishing, I think it took me so long to finish because I didn't really want it to be over. Any plans to return again before the end of the year? Will your son be returning to school in FL or will it be virtual?
I do have plans for August but they are so complicated I dont even understand what is going on!!!
My son will be going back to fla for grad school (part of the trip problem: my dates line up with when he usually goes back but he will have an apartment and will need to go back earlier)
And I also have a girls weekend for food and wine in sept but as of now my friends dont have park tix so it might be a bday resort Only getaway. (Its both their bdays!)
Disney went from having to plan every last second to being in total limbo for me. Hard to get excited, but I would like to!!!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
I do have plans for August but they are so complicated I dont even understand what is going on!!!
My son will be going back to fla for grad school (part of the trip problem: my dates line up with when he usually goes back but he will have an apartment and will need to go back earlier)
And I also have a girls weekend for food and wine in sept but as of now my friends dont have park tix so it might be a bday resort Only getaway. (Its both their bdays!)
Disney went from having to plan every last second to being in total limbo for me. Hard to get excited, but I would like to!!!

I have that feeling too of being in limbo, part of me is okay with not planning every minute. Maybe my year of Disneyland prepared me for that! Ha! And even though I still have my August reservations I'm still not going to really believe that I'm going or get excited until I arrive probably. Will there possibly be an overlap of Aug dates? We are 6-20.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Will there possibly be an overlap of Aug dates? We are 6-20.
Maybe.
I am suppose to be there the 23rd but now my son needs to be down by the 15th. My niece (grad gift) and nephew (bday gift) are suppose to join me but can not come down until the 21st (btw, they dont have park tix yet). This is the busy season at work (albeit a slow busy season this year) so I cant take off 2 weeks. Speaking of two weeks, NY and Fla governors are having a p issing contest so I need to self quarantine no matter where I go.
It’s a mess🍻
I need beer!😂

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Maybe.
I am suppose to be there the 23rd but now my son needs to be down by the 15th. My niece (grad gift) and nephew (bday gift) are suppose to join me but can not come down until the 21st (btw, they dont have park tix yet). This is the busy season at work (albeit a slow busy season this year) so I cant take off 2 weeks. Speaking of two weeks, NY and Fla governors are having a p issing contest so I need to self quarantine no matter where I go.
It’s a mess🍻
I need beer!😂

I need a beer too! ;) :joyfull:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for treating us to another great TR! I am hoping your future trips work out. I will be followig along.

Thanks for reading. So far B and I are on track for WDW. I sewed more masks for us last week in anticipation of the trip and if we don't end up going I'm sure I can still use the masks around here. I was planning a trip to California with a college friend but we have decided to postpone so that's a bummer. I don't think I'll really believe my WDW trip in August is going to happen until I'm actually there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom