Disney+ Question

houndog

Original Poster
Hi All,

First time poster here. I had a question about Disney+ but am not sure where to post it or if this is even the right forum to post it in.

I have been thinking about subscribing to Disney+ for a while now, and have been waffling back and forth about doing it. Being a huge Disney fan, I think this would be fun to have and use. However, I am concerned that there isn't enough there to keep me interested or justify $70 a year. I don't like Star Wars or Marvel, and am not interested in watching Hamilton. I am also not a huge Pixar fan, at least not anything they put out recently. I know they have all the Disney Channel tv series available to watch, but they repeat them 9,000 times a week on cable, so I can just catch the ones I want there. I also have the Nat Geo channel as part of my cable package, so that's of no interest to me. I am interested in old school Disney, old animation, old/older movies (pre-2000s), none of this 99% green screen stuff they push now-a-days. I grew up in the 80s and 90s, and fell in love with Disney then, and would love to be able to re-visit some of the stuff I grew up with. I also love the older Disney stuff from the 30, 40s, 50, 60s and 70s. Things like Herbie the Love Bug, the Absent-Minded Professor, Escape From Witch Mountain, Swiss Family Robinson, Wonderful World of Disney, some of the older Mickey Mouse animations they did, Silly Symphonies, Disney World/Disneyland documentaries from back in the day, Walt Disney Nature documentaries (the old ones; I caught a few on TCM once, and they were really good), etc. So my question is does any of that kind of thing exist on Disney+? Or is it mainly a platform for Disney to push all the new things they are doing?

Thanks for any guidance/help you can give me,

Houndog

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hi All,

First time poster here. I had a question about Disney+ but am not sure where to post it or if this is even the right forum to post it in.

I have been thinking about subscribing to Disney+ for a while now, and have been waffling back and forth about doing it. Being a huge Disney fan, I think this would be fun to have and use. However, I am concerned that there isn't enough there to keep me interested or justify $70 a year. I don't like Star Wars or Marvel, and am not interested in watching Hamilton. I am also not a huge Pixar fan, at least not anything they put out recently. I know they have all the Disney Channel tv series available to watch, but they repeat them 9,000 times a week on cable, so I can just catch the ones I want there. I also have the Nat Geo channel as part of my cable package, so that's of no interest to me. I am interested in old school Disney, old animation, old/older movies (pre-2000s), none of this 99% green screen stuff they push now-a-days. I grew up in the 80s and 90s, and fell in love with Disney then, and would love to be able to re-visit some of the stuff I grew up with. I also love the older Disney stuff from the 30, 40s, 50, 60s and 70s. Things like Herbie the Love Bug, the Absent-Minded Professor, Escape From Witch Mountain, Swiss Family Robinson, Wonderful World of Disney, some of the older Mickey Mouse animations they did, Silly Symphonies, Disney World/Disneyland documentaries from back in the day, Walt Disney Nature documentaries (the old ones; I caught a few on TCM once, and they were really good), etc. So my question is does any of that kind of thing exist on Disney+? Or is it mainly a platform for Disney to push all the new things they are doing?

Thanks for any guidance/help you can give me,

Houndog

Well, the free previews have ended (thanks to Hamilton).

I'd say pay for one month. If you don't like it, don't resub.

There are some streaming services I only pay for for a month and then drop it. Only to pay for another month much later on when they have something new I'm interested in. I do that with CBS Access. I wait for a new Start Trek series to end. Then I pay for one month and binge the season. Then unsub.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom