NuOrbis Brainstorming Thread - Project Six: Blue Skies, E Tickets

Outbound

The original IP part is definitely realistic. Just outside of maybe Calico River Rapids and the log flume I’d argue E-tickets aren’t their thing.

If we could find a way for it to work (and the space for it), I’m all ears

I see two options. I've set each to an acre because that's the size of Mission Space, and I'm thinking around that scale of that simulator.

KnottsMap.png

KnottsMap2.png

Outbound

Tokyo Splash Mountain is an interesting one. The way TDL is structured, Critter Country is off on its own. So we could retheme the entire land to anything. My first thought would be a Feudal Japanese setting (something we've never seen before), but there's a lot of options.

1593400660481.png

1593400747734.png

Outbound

I can do it!

One but: if anyone who feels they want to prove themselves this round and take up the role of PM, please do so. I’ve already had dominant leadership rounds back with Durango, and I don’t want to take that opportunity away from anyone who’s maybe played a quieter game so far (especially with double eliminations this week).

But if everyone’s good I’d love to be PM!

AceAstro

They kept hammering in the podcast “the sky’s the limit. You can do almost anything”

Why limit to an original IP? What’s an IP you’ve always wanted to see in any park? Just go all out with a dream IP in a park

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Just a heads up: my internet connection has been weird for the last few days. It’s as if it’s running on its own schedule (8AM - 7PM PHT) so I might not be as active as I was before.

My only gripe with using an original IP is actually creating and developing one. I like the idea, but I feel that the extra work might cause us valuable time in developing the ride and all its bells and whistles: placement, storyline, ride system, marketable features, etc. (which is the required output in the first place).

I know @Outbound already volunteered to be the team’s PM for this round, but can I propose that whoever suggested the winning idea is automatically the PM for the round (unless they were one already)? I think it might help having the person who suggested it in the first place guide us during the development process. Of course, we’ll all suggest our own ideas as to how will realize the ride but at the very least, the one who suggested it has the final say if any of the proposed ideas build up their vision of it.

Last edited:

mickeyfan5534

My only gripe with using an original IP is actually creating and developing it. I like the idea, but I feel that the extra work might cause us valuable time in developing and refining the actual ride (which is the required output in the first place).
May I point out that using an original IP does mean you get to build around your ride system rather than building your ride system around your ride.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
May I point out that using an original IP does mean you get to build around your ride system rather than building your ride system around your ride.
Did you mean "doesn't"?

I'm sorry for not being more clear, but the point I'm making is that creating and developing an original IP from scratch for us to use in the ride, rather than using an already existing one, might cost us time in actually developing all aspects of the ride (storyline and story beats, ride system, unique "marketable" features, etc.).

mickeyfan5534

Did you mean "doesn't"?

I'm sorry for not being more clear, but the point I'm making is that creating and developing an original IP from scratch for us to use in the ride, rather than using an already existing one, might cost us time in actually developing all aspects of the ride (storyline and story beats, ride system, unique "marketable" features, etc.).
That's on me for poor wording. What I meant was that an original IP means you'll have the opportunity to work all those aspects while creating the IP whereas using a pre-existing IP means developing the aspects of your ride around that pre-existing story. I might not be getting this out right 😂😅

EmFromPlanetEarth

If we want to retheme splash mountain, what if it were to be rethemed to gravity falls? Imo, pochohontas would also be a much better fit for splash mountain, in wdw anyways.

Outbound

Just a heads up: my internet connection has been weird for the last few days. It’s as if it’s running on its own schedule (8AM - 7PM PHT) so I might not be as active as I was before.

My only gripe with using an original IP is actually creating and developing one. I like the idea, but I feel that the extra work might cause us valuable time in developing the ride and all its bells and whistles: placement, storyline, ride system, marketable features, etc. (which is the required output in the first place).

I know @Outbound already volunteered to be the team’s PM for this round, but can I propose that whoever suggested the winning idea is automatically the PM for the round (unless they were one already)? I think it might help having the person who suggested it in the first place guide us during the development process. Of course, we’ll all suggest our own ideas as to how will realize the ride but at the very least, the one who suggested it has the final say if any of the proposed ideas build up their vision of it.

I don’t know, I feel like original IPs blend into the ride better. Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, and Maelstrom (may it rip) are less focused on telling a story and more about exploring the atmosphere of this concept. It gives off a totally different vibe than a story driven IP tale, book report or sequel. Just going off my two prior concepts, a ride with the theme of “50s” or “Feudal Japan” would let us explore the atmosphere of the period, rather than story from another medium.

That said I do agree Blue Sky is nothing to scoff at and it would be fun to try some really out of the box IPs. So if we do go the IP route, let’s try thinking really outside the box. I’ll start.
  • Blade Runner
  • Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
  • Kill Bill
  • Into the Spiderverse
  • Inception
  • Red Dead Redemption 1 or 2
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Minecraft
And I agree with your PM suggestion: whoever comes up with the idea can lead, if they want too.

AceAstro

I see this is my chance to suggest CATS (2019) again 👀

Some other IP's that I think could be fun to use include:

• Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame
  • Any of the Universal Classic Monsters
  • Apollo 13
  • Battleship (terrible movie but could work well for an E-Ticket)
  • The Muppets (never enough Muppets content)
  • Mary Poppins
  • Monsters Inc.
  • Meet The Robinsons

Outbound

We have seven days to work on this project. I suggest spending three to develop a theme and concept, three to execute the plan, and last day for complaining everything to a cool presentation.

1. Brainstorming
2. Brainstorming
3. Vote on Brainstorming
4. Break Up and Work
5. Break Up and Work
6. Break Up and Work — Due Date
7. Presentation Day

Thoughts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom