My Walt Disney World Perler Bead Sign

BBarker34

Original Poster
Thought I’d share a project that I recently just finished up. One of my biggest hobbies that I have is Perler Beads and last year I decided to make the original 1971 Walt Disney World logo out of these beads. We glued the letters on a wooden board so that I could make into a sign to hang up on the wall. The sign turned exactly how I imagined. It’s a pretty big sign too. 8 ft wide to be exact! There’s a photo of me next to the sign below just to show how big it is. What I plan on doing with it is hanging it up in my room on a wall for display. I’m considering doing the Disneyland logo and the EPCOT Center logo as well in the future. Hope that y’all enjoy this project as much as I did. Hopefully the people at Walt Disney World will see this sign too!
294F713F-61B8-4624-A522-5142118AB1B0.jpeg

6538213E-FECE-46C8-9E57-6530D785BF8B.jpeg

Photos of the sign during it’s construction:
C17FA0D3-7C6D-4441-9416-16BD3955AA67.jpeg

9879941D-CB78-4FAC-ACF0-FDDF55FA10CA.jpeg

AA312D40-A64A-4FEF-8B1E-589A91E03159.jpeg

2C4F9D23-B3FD-4EBF-A0F0-F834CCE83C0E.jpeg

D07C0DA3-47F4-41FA-9169-904DF7140F11.jpeg

5076780C-16B3-486A-B597-2B5C375C1C9E.jpeg

54529DCE-65EA-471D-AB95-59A7E6090433.jpeg

Scott10

That is awesome! My wife and 2 daughters make Perler Bead Disney Characters for our Disney Tree at Christmas. They are about 1 ft. tall and varying widths depending on the character......having watched many being constructed, I can only imagine the time and patience that it took you to complete that project. Thanks for sharing!

JIMINYCR

VERY NICE !!! I especially like the way the "D" logo came out. Care to share the cost of the materials and how it was assembled from the plastic sheets to the board?

BBarker34

Original Poster
That is awesome! My wife and 2 daughters make Perler Bead Disney Characters for our Disney Tree at Christmas. They are about 1 ft. tall and varying widths depending on the character......having watched many being constructed, I can only imagine the time and patience that it took you to complete that project. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you very much! That’s neat that you have a Christmas tree with Disney Perler bead sprites. Yeah this sign took a lot of time but it was a lot of fun putting together. I would’ve gotten done sooner but work and my awful habit of procrastinating got in front of me. Haha!

Doodlelicious

I am a lover of Art and an Art Education major in college. This is not only a true undertaking of a huge project, but it is also a true piece of Art you made right there. You ought to be extremely proud of you accomplishment. I mostly do drawings and some painting as well, but consider things like this true pieces of Art. Great job.

BBarker34

Original Poster
VERY NICE !!! I especially like the way the "D" logo came out. Care to share the cost of the materials and how it was assembled from the plastic sheets to the board?
Thank you! I loved how the “D” turned out as well. That was pretty much the Booger Bear of this project. Haha! But yeah the beads didn’t cost too much, as well as the pegboards to put the beads on. The board was like $24 at Menard’s so it wasn’t too expensive of a project. What I did was use a picture of the logo and pixelated it on my computer. I did each letter one at a time and after I got one letter all together I would ironed it with a shirt iron so that the beads would melt together. After all the letters were complete we got the board and painted it dark blue and then glued the letters on with E6000 glue, which is a pretty great glue. Nailed two hangers on the back to hang the it up later and the sign was done!

BBarker34

Original Poster
I am a lover of Art and an Art Education major in college. This is not only a true undertaking of a huge project, but it is also a true piece of Art you made right there. You ought to be extremely proud of you accomplishment. I mostly do drawings and some painting as well, but consider things like this true pieces of Art. Great job.
Thank you so much!!! This truly made my day! 😁

BBarker34

Original Poster
Great job. Dad has knocked a few of these over in the past, on the way to the iron. How many beads did you use altogether?
Thank you! Bet your dad has made some great stuff with Perler beads as well. As for how many beads, that’s the million dollar question. Wanna day maybe in the thousands but I need to count how many beads each letter has and add the numbers up.

Figurehead

In the Parks
No
Thank you! Bet your dad has made some great stuff with Perler beads as well. As for how many beads, that’s the million dollar question. Wanna day maybe in the thousands but I need to count how many beads each letter has and add the numbers up.
Haha, I meant me. You need a steady hand to keep those things together!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom