Jungle Cruise next?

UNCgolf

Although I've been clear that I think the whole attraction should be demolished and replaced with something better (for reasons beyond anything being potentially offensive), that's not going to happen.

They have a Jungle Cruise movie starring Dwayne Johnson (the Rock) coming out next year. I expect the ride to get some changes, but it'll likely be to add characters and/or scenes from the film if it's successful. They may remove some of the more questionable elements as well, but I'd be shocked if the whole ride goes away.

Figmentguy2

I think Hall of Presidents and American Adventure will go next.

I think they might even change the name to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.

Walt Disney1955

I think Hall of Presidents and American Adventure will go next.

I think they might even change the name to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.

I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that I don't trust Disney's judgement at all with this stuff. If an extremist group wants to have them get rid of Hall of Presidents or else they'll threaten to trash it do you trust Disney not to cave? Me neither. And that's the scariest thing about this whole thing. Disney didn't stand up for themselves at all. Some of their most treasured creations are now one lousy petition away from them changing a beloved attraction, permanently. We love this place, and it worries me that it could turn into.................well, Seattle.

Figmentguy2

I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that I don't trust Disney's judgement at all with this stuff. If an extremist group wants to have them get rid of Hall of Presidents or else they'll threaten to trash it do you trust Disney not to cave? Me neither. And that's the scariest thing about this whole thing. Disney didn't stand up for themselves at all. Some of their most treasured creations are now one lousy petition away from them changing a beloved attraction, permanently. We love this place, and it worries me that it could turn into.................well, Seattle.
I think even the Candlelight processional might have to go as well.

Matt_Black

So, here's the thing- they change stuff about the Jungle Cruise. So what? Nobody rides the Jungle Cruise for the headhunter, or the elephants, or any of the other animatronics. They ride the Jungle Cruise for the dad jokes. They can add or remove literally anything from the ride, and it will still be fine as long as they keep the cornball puns.

Minnie Mum

Please no? Phone in on an English radio station talking about changes and Disney was mentioned. Somebody mentioned it was 'racist' having a head hunter with dark skin :rolleyes:

/QUOTE]
Apparently no one thought to ask the caller what percentage (historically) of "head hunters" were Caucasian? A fine example of the new political correctness run amok. Let's just paint all the humanoid animatronics green with purple polka dots and be done with it.

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

So, here's the thing- they change stuff about the Jungle Cruise. So what? Nobody rides the Jungle Cruise for the headhunter, or the elephants, or any of the other animatronics. They ride the Jungle Cruise for the dad jokes. They can add or remove literally anything from the ride, and it will still be fine as long as they keep the cornball puns.
To be honest, I'm kind of surprised the 'native village' scene has remained so long. I'm sure they could replace that and not have too many issues.

Trader Sam is going to be in the new film, right? I could imagine them changing the figure to represent that movie version of the character. As for the current versions, the Disneyland Trader Sam is very cartoony whereas the MK one is not so much... [EDIT: Other way around, of course: MK cartoony, DL not so much!]

Screen-Shot-2015-02-05-at-3.28.30-PM.png
latest

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom