2021 packages?

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
anyone able to book yet? Trying to get something for the 50th and nothing is available yet.

PREMiERdrum

The system was down all morning. Availability was supposed to come back up by 8:30, so you should start seeing options.

Magical Enhancements, and all...

HouCuseChickie

I thought you cannot book 2021 packages until June 28th and I also thought it was only for stays through September 26th 2021.

Packages opened up today for 2021 as well as adding tickets to 2021 packages and room only that were booked without tickets, but only up to that Sept date previously noted. I was just trying to add tickets to an existing 2021 reservation, but the phones were a mess and online isn't allowing it. The online system allowed me to book a new 2021 package this morning with tickets, so I just canceled the previously booked ticket-free reservation.

Ricky Spanish

Currently waiting on the phone to add tickets to the reservation that I moved to June 2021.
Have been on hold for 22 minutes so far

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Currently waiting on the phone to add tickets to the reservation that I moved to June 2021.
Have been on hold for 22 minutes so far
Why would you do it so far in advance, when there are currently no promotions available and you'll almost certainly be able to buy tickets cheaper from a third party? Not to mention the fact that Disney's deposit and cancellation policy on room-only reservations is much more generous than on packages.

Ricky Spanish

Why would you do it so far in advance, when there are currently no promotions available and you'll almost certainly be able to buy tickets cheaper from a third party? Not to mention the fact that Disney's deposit and cancellation policy on room-only reservations is much more generous than on packages.
We have always purchased in advance and always modified when promos come out.
Just taking a gamble.
I have also been burned on third party tix.
When it is all said and done, I have been able to do hotel and tix usually for around 100pp a day and I’m happy with that.

crawale

When packages come out you can call and change to the promotion keeping the same reservation number and thus the park passes. This works even if you are going to a different hotel. Have done this many times.

Hcalvert

When packages come out you can call and change to the promotion keeping the same reservation number and thus the park passes. This works even if you are going to a different hotel. Have done this many times.
I accidentally booked my reservation with a two day ticket. I have an AP, so tickets are not needed. I could not modify the reservation and dump the tickets. I was worried that I would lose my park passes if I cancelled. Well, I ended up booking a room only reservation and then cancelled the other reservation. The park passes did not get cancelled--only the reservation.

psuchad

I called four days in a row last week hoping to at least get a room only reservation since we are under 499 days out. First time I called I was told that room only would open on 6/24. Obviously that didn't happen. Cast members stated that they have been given no information on when dates after Sept 26 will open or why they are locked out.

My assumption is that there will be a big rate hike for the 50th anniversary and they don't want to disclose that information yet.

DisneyJoe

I called four days in a row last week hoping to at least get a room only reservation since we are under 499 days out. First time I called I was told that room only would open on 6/24. Obviously that didn't happen. Cast members stated that they have been given no information on when dates after Sept 26 will open or why they are locked out.

My assumption is that there will be a big rate hike for the 50th anniversary and they don't want to disclose that information yet.
re going past Sept 26 - one CM told me that it is due to quite a few contracts that need to be finalized for next fiscal year (Disney's fiscal year ends near the end of Sept in 2021). Contracts to be finalized may possibly be with food suppliers, employee unions, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom