Quick question on Florida Covid-19

eliza61nyc

I'm asking for a friend who is considering driving down. Is Florida still requiring visitors from NY, NJ and PA to quarantine for 14 days and are they enforcing it?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yes. Travelers from the New York Tri-State area must continue to self-quarantine for 14 days upon arriving in Florida, unless travelers meet the emergency, commercial or education activity exceptions.

Any person who violates any isolation or quarantine directed by the Department ofHealth commits a misdemeanor ofthe second degree, which is punishable by imprisonment not to exceed 60 days, a fine not to exceed $500, or both

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Yes its currently still a requirement.
I'd tell your friend that if they would like their region to remain open they should probably avoid the new epicenter until cases calm down.
As much as I'd like to go I won't right now because I do not want to risk carrying it back with me and messing with the amazing progress my area has made in the reopening.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I'm asking for a friend who is considering driving down. Is Florida still requiring visitors from NY, NJ and PA to quarantine for 14 days and are they enforcing it?
Yes. Travelers from the New York Tri-State area must continue to self-quarantine for 14 days upon arriving in Florida, unless travelers meet the emergency, commercial or education activity exceptions.

Any person who violates any isolation or quarantine directed by the Department ofHealth commits a misdemeanor ofthe second degree, which is punishable by imprisonment not to exceed 60 days, a fine not to exceed $500, or both
Yes its currently still a requirement.
I'd tell your friend that if they would like their region to remain open they should probably avoid the new epicenter until cases calm down.
As much as I'd like to go I won't right now because I do not want to risk carrying it back with me and messing with the amazing progress my area has made in the reopening.
The New York tri-state area is New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.

Pennsylvania has nothing to do with it.

Upvote 0

3BratsToDisney

As it stands right now it's still in effect. However there are alot of conflicting stories out there on if it's enforced or not. You will get no clear answers. We had a family friend who drove down from NY to FL on 6/21 - there was no checkpoint and no one pulled them over or questioned them further at their final destination (it was in Tampa in a hotel). They came down 95. No one ever came to check on them to see if they quarantined. Other stories I've read on different boards and social media claim you are intstructed to pull into a checkpoint at the border(s), fill out a form and then sent on your way. For flights I've heard and read the same scenarios. Direct flights from the tri states never stopped going into FL from what I understand and those who did fly down were again just told fill out this form and it gets tossed in a bin with 1000 other forms and your sent on your way. Maybe taking a connecting flight you get exempt from filling out a form? I've not seen any reports of people getting fined or arrested in FL for not following the 14 day quarantine but perhaps I just don't know where to look. It's all risky I guess if you decide to travel there anyway. I'm watching it closely as we have a trip in the near future to WDW. It's frustrating because we don't live anywhere near the areas that were hit hard but are being lumped into it because we live in the same state.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The New York tri-state area is New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.

Pennsylvania has nothing to do with it.
She used to live in New York.

Going to Florida is just a nuts concept in real time right now.

I take the hit and you can hate me for it...but I’ll just say it. Blame me...I took your Disney away 🤪

And just to highlight I’m a spoiled brat too...
I have zero desire to stay cooped in New Jersey in this old house for many months or more...none.

So I had planned on maybe doing a quick hitter to Atlantic City to break it up in a few weeks.
Off as of now.

We looked at going to Maine/Vermont/New Hampshire in maybe August to do some “nature” vacationing in August. Maine is gonna require covid tests which are impractical.

And then I figured - let’s go to Hawaii...isolated and will never be cheaper.
Not gonna work either.

Florida? Heeellllllllll No.
No way. Considered it briefly a month or so ago...but the masks were already a deal killer in the climate...
And that was assuming we weren’t dodging pockets of outbreak.

Again - this all sucks.

Upvote 0

Lilofan

I take the hit and you can hate me for it...but I’ll just say it. Blame me...I took your Disney away 🤪

I have zero desire to stay cooped in New Jersey in this old house for many months or more...none.

So I had planned on maybe doing a quick hitter to Atlantic City to break it up in a few weeks.
Off as of now.

We looked at going to Maine/Vermont/New Hampshire in maybe August to do some “nature” vacationing in August. Maine is gonna require covid tests which are impractical.

Not gonna work either.

No way. Considered it briefly a month or so ago...but the masks were already a deal killer in the climate...

Again - this all sucks.
I knew a guy who had a summer home in Martha's Vineyard. That's sounds like a good place to be.

Upvote 0

BASS

Wow. I was not aware of this. Kind of hypocritical for Florida to put this into effect considering our own corona numbers are skyrocketing.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Wow. I was not aware of this. Kind of hypocritical for Florida to put this into effect considering our own corona numbers are skyrocketing.

This has been in place for months.
NYS has now done the same to Florida and several other states.
Sorta payback but also a good idea I'd say.
Its actually kinda helping Florida because New Yorkers are being told if they go on vacation and come back sick they won't get paid sick leave and Florida certainly doesn't need a ton of people going there right now.

Upvote 0

3BratsToDisney

Its actually kinda helping Florida because New Yorkers are being told if they go on vacation and come back sick they won't get paid sick leave and Florida certainly doesn't need a ton of people going there right now.

From what I understand that the denial of paid sick leave is only for State employees.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Definitely some payback.

But it was bad taste for that puffy nimrod to throw stones at his fellow Americans he depends greatly on to flock to his state and fill his sales tax coffers when they were struggling.

Reap what you sow.
From what I understand that the denial of paid sick leave is only for State employees.
Of course...can’t require private companies to pay or not pay sick leave

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

Off as of now.

Not gonna work either.

Again - this all sucks.
I'm shooting for Aulani at the end of 2021 and even that makes me nervous.

I have a ton of paternity leave to take in the next year so my vacation list is enormous and there's nowhere to go.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm shooting for Aulani at the end of 2021 and even that makes me nervous.

I have a ton of paternity leave to take in the next year so my vacation list is enormous and there's nowhere to go.
Two weeks in Europe August 2021 and I’m thinking about pulling the plug rather bothering to put down heavy cash and then have it not go off.

Of all the “problems”...I never thought finding places to use vacation/blow cash would be one?

Lol...#firstworld 🤪

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom