News Annual Passholder previews at Magic Kingdom and Disney's Animal Kingdom to take place July 9 and 10

Dad 2 M & M

How are we feeling about this? Should we expect these to release before or after the Friday AP release?

Question:

As Annual Passholders, we are able to reserve Parks for 3 days at a time, and cannot add another until we've used one of the three days reserved, correct?

So, if we reserve 3 days in, let's say August, and then get a 5 day Resort reservation for November, can we reserve Parks for the days of our November Resort Reservation, while being maxed out with 3 days AP days already reserved?

Example:

On the 26th, when Ap Park ressies open, I reserve Aug 2, 3, and 4. Then I a reserve Animal Kingdom Lodge for November 5th-11th. Can I reserve Parks for November 5th-11th, without forfeiting my 3 days in August?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Question:

As Annual Passholders, we are able to reserve Parks for 3 days at a time, and cannot add another until we've used one of the three days reserved, correct?

So, if we reserve 3 days in, let's say August, and then get a 5 day Resort reservation for November, can we reserve Parks for the days of our November Resort Reservation, while being maxed out with 3 days AP days already reserved?

Example:

On the 26th, when Ap Park ressies open, I reserve Aug 2, 3, and 4. Then I a reserve Animal Kingdom Lodge for November 5th-11th. Can I reserve Parks for November 5th-11th, without forfeiting my 3 days in August?
I don't believe we have enough info from Disney at the moment to answer the question. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Kman101

Oh sorry I left that out. He is a gold AP and I am silver. So was wondering if he could make a reservation and I would be his guest (with a valid AP) and I could make a reservation and he could be mine (with a valid AP). Or if we can just do 1 day total.

Don't see why not?

Kman101

Do we have any idea when signup e-mails go out? Not that they haven't already overloaded their system enough. So must be this week right? LMAO ...

DCBaker

Premium Member
They did mention an email but who knows, anything is possible these days. I wonder if that would be part of the 3 day allotment or if it would be a bonus day.

"Email invitations with registration details will be sent out soon. Reservations are required, limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis."

My theory is that these previews will be available upon launch of the Park Pass system for APs on the Park Pass system. Just show the 9th and 10th on the AP calendar as options.

But I could see this happening too!

donsullivan

Premium Member
I've heard from a lot of folks locally whose passes have not had their dates reset yet and as a result, are technically expired. That likely is a contributing factor to holding off the invitation emails.

techgeek

Interesting theory. That would be a straight-forward and fair way of doing things.

I think the most straight forward and fair way would have been to allow AP holders to opt-into a lottery for the preview dates. I'm not a big fan of the 'race to click the button the fastest'... in this situation or in getting a RotR boarding group.

Does anybody have any guesses about when we will hear about this, I thought for sure it would have been a part of the reservation system today since we didn't receive an email/correspondence about the preview event prior to the system going live for passholders.

SoFloMagic

Does anybody have any guesses about when we will hear about this, I thought for sure it would have been a part of the reservation system today since we didn't receive an email/correspondence about the preview event prior to the system going live for passholders.
Let me take another stab at it: they won't send them.

I don't see how they can reopen with how bad things are here right now. Try this headline on: "As Florida reports 12,000 new cases, Disney World reopens".

Kman101

Let me take another stab at it: they won't send them.

I don't see how they can reopen with how bad things are here right now. Try this headline on: "As Florida reports 12,000 new cases, Disney World reopens".

And Universal has been open since June. No one's calling for Universal to shut down. I feel safer at a theme park than I do my local WalMart or Publix.

Ya'll realize it's not the theme parks and beaches but bars and indoors that are the problem, right? Show me where they've tied the virus to a theme park. I feel safer there. Are they essential? Nope. But for the people who work there they are.

SoFloMagic

And Universal has been open since June. No one's calling for Universal to shut down. I feel safer at a theme park than I do my local WalMart or Publix.
I agree 100%. I have been to Disney Springs and will continue to go. Masks are way better than anywhere else I've been.
That said, Universal doesn't get the same press. I would imagine the spotlight on Florida would make reopening now difficult.

Kman101

I agree 100%. I have been to Disney Springs and will continue to go. Masks are way better than anywhere else I've been.
That said, Universal doesn't get the same press. I would imagine the spotlight on Florida would make reopening now difficult.

Oh definitely.

I also think there are those who low key just want Disney to stay closed in the hopes they open 'when it's safe' (which may not be until 2021) so they can have a normal happy fun visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom