Non-expert questions about Pass Reservation System - already had tickets pre-COVID, help!

calvin2376

Hi everyone - I am completely and utterly lost with what's going on with this reservation pass system and other changes, and would really appreciate anyone's help. Several months ago (before COVID), we booked a stay at the Polynesian for 2 days for the end of October 2020 as well as Park Hopper passes for those same two days. I haven't been able to get anyone at Disney (or elsewhere) to answer any questions, so would be very grateful if anyone could help with the below questions (apologies in advance if these are basic, I'm just not a Disney expert):
  • We already purchased park passes for those two days. Do we still need to go into this new Pass Reservation System and select the specific days we want to go and the specific park we want to go to each day? The tickets no longer seem to be showing up in the "My Plans" section. I'm not sure I understand why I need to go into this new system just to essentially "re-select" the days we already booked for.
  • It looks like you can only select one park per day. Do we just essentially lose the Park Hopper benefit of those passes? Can we get refunded for the added cost of the Park Hopper option we already paid for?
  • We're not traveling until October. Is there a chance that some of these new policies (like no Park Hopper, no fireworks/parades, limited admission, etc) change before then?
  • Do all these changes only apply to the park passes? Do I need to do anything with my Polynesian resort reservation, or should that still stand?
Thank you all!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
  • We already purchased park passes for those two days. Do we still need to go into this new Pass Reservation System and select the specific days we want to go and the specific park we want to go to each day? The tickets no longer seem to be showing up in the "My Plans" section. I'm not sure I understand why I need to go into this new system just to essentially "re-select" the days we already booked for.
  • It looks like you can only select one park per day. Do we just essentially lose the Park Hopper benefit of those passes? Can we get refunded for the added cost of the Park Hopper option we already paid for?
  • We're not traveling until October. Is there a chance that some of these new policies (like no Park Hopper, no fireworks/parades, limited admission, etc) change before then?
  • Do all these changes only apply to the park passes? Do I need to do anything with my Polynesian resort reservation, or should that still stand?
Thank you all!

• You need to choose a park for each day of your admission. This is due to the limited percentage of total capacity that they will allow into each park.
  • There is not any park hopping for the near term future due to capacity restrictions. There should be some sort of renumeration available for the decrease in capability.
  • Its a fluid situation, it might get better or it might get worse. Currently Madam Letoa's Crystal Ball is cloudy.
  • Hotel and parks are severable associations. Diseny will contact you or your travel agent if something changes.

Upvote 0

calvin2376

Original Poster
  • You need to choose a park for each day of your admission. This is due to the limited percentage of total capacity that they will allow into each park.
  • There is not any park hopping for the near term future due to capacity restrictions. There should be some sort of renumeration available for the decrease in capability.
  • Its a fluid situation, it might get better or it might get worse. Currently Madam Letoa's Crystal Ball is cloudy.
  • Hotel and parks are severable associations. Diseny will contact you or your travel agent if something changes.
Thank you for the info! We also wanted to make a reservation for CRT during our stay (in October). It looks like they're not even accepting dining reservations at the moment, even for people with existing resort stays. Is that your understanding?

Upvote 0

DisNerd86

Thank you for the info! We also wanted to make a reservation for CRT during our stay (in October). It looks like they're not even accepting dining reservations at the moment, even for people with existing resort stays. Is that your understanding?
I think the window for booking dining has changed from 180 days pre-trip to 60 days pre-trip. As of right now, CRT is not on the list of restaurants scheduled to open with the park in July. That could definitely change by October. Good luck with your trip!

Upvote 0

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

The dining reservation window has changed from 180 days down to 60, so August 2nd would be the first day to reserve dining for October 1st.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
I am also very confused! How far in advance do we need to make park reservations? Our trip is March 2021. Thanks in advance?
If you have a resort and tickets, you can book now as far out as Sept 2021. Crazy but true - because Disney promised all existing guests the chance to book first.

If you need to add tickets, you can either call tomorrow and upgrade to a package or wait until Sunday and book tickets then.

Upvote 0

Chip318

If you have a resort and tickets, you can book now as far out as Sept 2021. Crazy but true - because Disney promised all existing guests the chance to book first.

If you need to add tickets, you can either call tomorrow and upgrade to a package or wait until Sunday and book tickets then.

Thank you! How do I book dinning now?

Upvote 0

cgersic

@nickys You seem to be quite knowledgeable, I have a current resort stay for 4 nights but only a 3 day ticket for 7/15-7/19/20. I've been trying on 5 different phone lines all day to see if I can get a 4th day park ticket. Every line has been busy so I'm not sure what I should do? Thanks in advance for your help (and anyone else that can answer)!

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Dining has moved to be 60 days out. Staying onsite let’s you book for the whole of your stay (up to 10days) 60 days before your check in date.But you still use the same ADR booking system as before.

Right now it only has Disney Springs locations loaded, but by the time you can book for your stay things should be back to normal.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
@nickys You seem to be quite knowledgeable, I have a current resort stay for 4 nights but only a 3 day ticket for 7/15-7/19/20. I've been trying on 5 different phone lines all day to see if I can get a 4th day park ticket. Every line has been busy so I'm not sure what I should do? Thanks in advance for your help (and anyone else that can answer)!
Currently they have stopped selling tickets for the rest of the year, and that includes adding days to tickets.

You need to wait until they open that back up. Hopefully it will be in time for you.

i suggest you book your park reservations for the days that you can, choosing the most important parks for you.

Upvote 0

RickP330

You need to make theme park reservations. You have a resort and tickets - up until yesterday you had the chance to reserve your parks exclusively. Today it opens to all AP holders. Go to the Disney website and reserve your theme park ASAP! Right now! You have to pick only one park per day and no hopping. I assume you will get a refund. Go reserve the park now and let us know how you did.
RP

Upvote 0

cgersic

You need to make theme park reservations. You have a resort and tickets - up until yesterday you had the chance to reserve your parks exclusively. Today it opens to all AP holders. Go to the Disney website and reserve your theme park ASAP! Right now! You have to pick only one park per day and no hopping. I assume you will get a refund. Go reserve the park now and let us know how you did.
RP
@RickP330 I had already made my theme park reservations for the 3 days. They are refunding the hopper portion on a gift card to be used there. I needed a 4th park day ticket (which would be a brand new ticket reservation). I finally got through on the phone lines and was told at 7:01 am on Sunday, I will be able to modify my ticket to add the 4th day, at which time I'll reserve my park.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom