News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

jaxonp

Ugh...I’m having difficulties again with this. My family has another trip in December and I can book park passes for my mom and sister but it is telling me that I am past my allotment. We all have annual passes with the same number of park passes booked for our trip in August. So aggravating!
yep.. were all having the same problem

lol@U

I've been fighting the "One or more parks are not available" error all day. 7 day park hopper (RIP Park hopper) with hotel at Pop. Got the first 4 days just fine, the remaining three? Big nope. Chat was no help, circuits are busy or just straight busy if you try to call, but it seems like not many others are getting the same error .. which is good .. but terrifying. Like having a disease named after you :-/

Ben_since_1971

Think I have come across a glitch. I was able to make 5 of 7 days earlier today before I started getting ‘parks unavailable’. Following another poster, I tried making a selection for someone else. I can get my wife to make a park selection but she bounces as she does not have a ticket (this is a solo trip). When I select me or both, no joy. Something must be glitched. Hope they can fix it prior to Friday. Also wondering if I shouldn’t be proactive and switch resorts as POR is not scheduled to be open in September.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"The second issue we’ve seen is something that might have a fix. Guests who have more park tickets than days at a resort have reported that they aren’t able to see any availability at all. Going back to the My Disney Experience weird ticketing priority issues, it appears that any tickets that don’t perfectly align with a night at a resort are taking priority over tickets “attached” to a night at the resort. The example we were given was having 8 park days, but only 7 nights at the resort. In this instance, here’s what our reader did to remedy the issue:

Log into My Disney Experience and under tickets you’ll want to reassign the ticket that’s not part of the resort stay to someone who is not in the party. They said that they attached it to a dummy account. Make sure you have access to the dummy account as you’ll need to reassign the ticket later. With the “extra” ticket now reassigned, you should have the same number of park tickets and nights at the resort. At this point, they said that the Disney Park Pass system recognized the resort tickets as the priority instead of the extra ticket as the priority and let them make the park reservations. After you’re done making the Disney Park Pass reservations, reassign the ticket to the proper person and you should be good to go. Disclaimer: We didn’t try this method, but have heard multiple reports of it working."

WhenYouWish

I have a feeling that’s the glitch I’m facing. Problem is it won’t let me reassign the “extra” ticket, as it was already partially used. Seems like a phone call is in my future. :banghead:

brettf22

Premium Member
"it appears that any tickets that don’t perfectly align with a night at a resort are taking priority over tickets “attached” to a night at the resort. The example we were given was having 8 park days, but only 7 nights at the resort.”

Interesting. Not that this isn’t a possible glitch, but I have a 6 day ticket but only 5 nights at a resort and did not have this issue. So it’s not a universal problem.

tecowdw

Just received a Disney survey email about my experience booking a park pass today. It requests a response within 24 hours. How ironic considering I was only able to book 5 days for my 15 days worth of DVC room reservations.
🤔

disneygeek90

Just received a Disney survey email about my experience booking a park pass today. It requests a response within 24 hours. How ironic considering I was only able to book 5 days for my 15 days worth of DVC room reservations.
🤔
Seems fair to me, it’s giving people just as long as it took them to log into the reservation system to begin with ;)

Ben_since_1971

🤔
Got the same survey - the survey was for a specific park reservation - not the overall wxperience.

lol@U

I have a feeling that’s the glitch I’m facing. Problem is it won’t let me reassign the “extra” ticket, as it was already partially used. Seems like a phone call is in my future. :banghead:

Might not want to waste your time. Call #24 got through, but after waiting on hold (and about 2 1/2 trips through the park music hold) just silence, then dead.

If you are worried about availability, I switched over to my parent's accounts (who aren't going with us) and had no problem being able to select the parks initially, but obviously couldn't complete it as they have no park tickets. I think i'm waving the white flag on this one....

M:SpilotISTC12

As someone who is not trying to reserve anything and just looking at availability too, this doesn't seem that bad. Most of the parks are available the week they open back up and much further. Other than just Disney websites being crazy over loaded, this is still wide open. Maybe all this will change once APs can reserve but resort guests are barely taking up the availability.

HarrisburgMouse

Reading the comments off-and-on today, I waited until this evening to try to login. I had no issue for our Thanksgiving trip. Every day and park was available. No wait to get in... Now I need to figure out the 2 people in our group who have annual passes that expire in early November.

MrHappy

So I did this thing for April 2021. Let’s say for whatever reason, COVID is no longer a concern by then (vaccine, mutations, whatever). Will my reserved park days be released, and we will be free to roam like the pre-COVID days with an AP or Hopper?

Metalborg

After spending the bulk of the day, I managed to get through. Fortunately for my family, we managed to get everything we wanted for out October trip, particularly two days at the studios.

Kman101

I'm grateful I was able to get DHS on the 15th, I knew it would go fast, lol

Now it's easy as can be to log in and make a park reservation.

I'm still capped at three so I guess I need to call tomorrow or hope it fixes itself. Not a big deal, I'm good with my three and hopefully a passholder preview.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom