What is your prediction on when we will see Dining Plans come back?

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I use The Dining Plan like a pro. To me with what, and where I want to eat I always come out WAY ahead by using it. ESPECIALLY during Food and Wine.

That said when do you guys think we will see them return? I guess it's kind of crazy to me that they removed them but the restaurants will still be open, all the while having a food festival going on as well.

sdemore

The delay may be due to the fact there will be no park hopping. That makes it difficult to select your chosen restaurant if you want to attend the Magic Kingdom and eat at Monsieur Paul. We always work the dining plan to the fullest but were always park hopping.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The delay may be due to the fact there will be no park hopping. That makes it difficult to select your chosen restaurant if you want to attend the Magic Kingdom and eat at Monsieur Paul. We always work the dining plan to the fullest but were always park hopping.

Yeah I use it while hopping as well...ESPECIALLY when at DHS. I am never there a full day, so when I eat at 50's for lunch, I normally will walk to Flying Fish or Yachtsman for dinner (even though they are not in parks), or somewhere in Epcot.

It's weird, cause I am okay with spending $100 on a brunch a California Grill if there is no dining plan, but I want to fight someone cause I won't be able to use a snack credit for the $8 lobster roll at Hops and Barely. lol

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
They cancelled all of my reservations for dining in October but my dining plan is still on my reservation.
Yeah I had a ton of ADR's all cancelled.
I think they will decide about diving plans that are already booked for later this year as it draws closer.
If they don't reach out to you then you should reach out to them at some point to ask if your dining plan is still intact or if you will be receiving a refund

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Yeah I had a ton of ADR's all cancelled.
I think they will decide about diving plans that are already booked for later this year as it draws closer.
If they don't reach out to you then you should reach out to them at some point to ask if your dining plan is still intact or if you will be receiving a refund

I am trying to just ignore it for the time being lol

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
If I had it my way, never. Sadly its a cash cow for the mouse so it's certainly to return with a decent price increase probably late 2021.

I mean it's a cash cow because people don't use it right. If you use it right you come out WAY ahead. But people buy it and then get a salad and are full. I get that there are way less people who will use and maximize it's value that I do, but that is their own fault. It is not something you HAVE to get.

HouCuseChickie

I don't think we'll see dining plans for quite some time. Between limited capacity, the high number of people afraid to eat inside, the amount of time it takes to now turn a table due to new cleaning protocols, limited menus, diminished or halted experiences at character/fun meals, places with no slated reopening dates, and the anticipated high demand for quick service with outdoor seating and it just doesn't seem like they'd be in a good position to offer any kind of plan for some time. I do see them coming back at some point because of the profitability, but I think there are too many obstacles for Disney to be able to guarantee you can get everything you're paying for in the cost of any of the plans at this point.

James J

In the Parks
No
As mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised if they come back once park hoppers have been reestablished. I've seen January 2021 as a mooted date and I think that's a solid guess.

JIMINYCR

If I had it my way, never. Sadly its a cash cow for the mouse so it's certainly to return with a decent price increase probably late 2021.
I agree its a Disney profit maker and they will have it return as soon as they reopen more restaurants and expand seating capacity. Weve used it on some trips, others paid out of pocket.... when its saved us money it hasnt been enough to celebrate much.

Tomi-Rocket

I can see it taking a while before they come back, probably once things get back closer to “normal”. And I hope they do, my family has always used it. The couple of times I went without it I did not like it at all.

Mickey Pride

I do agree that Park Hopping returning will be a major player in when the dining plans come back. As for if the dining plans work for a party of guests is totally up to the guests themselves . They should also do prior research before purchasing to see if the price of the dining plan will be beneficial to the size, the amount that your party eats, and the ages in your group. Some groups it is great for and others it just isn’t worth it.

Seanual757

Just finished a trip to OKW for 4th of July weekend we sure miss the QS dining plan it makes life so much easier.

I can say with the super limited menu I can see why the DP is not available as well as the number of resorts closed. I suspect as long as things move forward with opening we will see it back in early 2021.

We do miss it.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
MAYBE think of others? We always get it. And no, we don’t care or worry if it’s a “good deal” or not. It’s just nice to not gave to save money for food, too.

DDP has wal-marted the quality of Disney food, and the disney dining experience for YEARS. It WAS a good value/experience pre-2008ish before the took away the appetizer option and the tip was included. It's not a good "value" anymore for the consumer no matter how you spin it. It's a GREAT value for Disney because of the people who leave a bunch of points left over at the end of their trip and buy garbage/cheap snacks just to use up their points...Disney almost always comes out ahead on the DDP which is why they offer it for free. It can die a slow, horrible death for all I care.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom