Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I imagine it'll be mainland Europe only if it does go ahead, due to quarantine regulations with international travel. I wonder how they're going to handle refunds if that's the case. Being from the UK I better give them a call to find out.

I would think that would be more a governmental decision than a business one, which could mean unless France is restricting access, Disney might not be obligated to provide refunds. Our borders with France will open next month.

FerretAfros

The Magic Run weekend has been postponed until fall 2021. It’s not surprising, but still disappointing.

At least now I don’t have to worry about scrambling to register, visit a doctor, and book transatlantic flights on an unknown timeline. I was starting to worry about the logistics of getting everything done in time, but I guess that’s no longer an issue. Still, I was looking forward to running it for the 5th time

Edit to add Twitter announcement:

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I am very sad ... I was going to do the 31km this year so that I could get a shiny medal on my birthday.

On the plus side, there was a different running event that I couldn’t do because of DLP, and now maybe it will be possible (if it is still held and if there is room for me on the team).

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Dang, I was hoping to check Castle to Chateau off my list this year, I guess 2021 will have to do! (Which probably works out better for me personally anyway, late-2020 is starting to get packed on my schedule).

Texas84

Looking forward to it! I promise to learn some rudimentary French between now and then! 😁
This is all you need, just to be polite. I had no issues but I was told these phrases are appreciated.

Hello (Good Day): Bonjour (Bonsoir for good evening but I never used it)

Excuse me: Excusez-moi or pardon (pardon seemed to be used the most)

Thank you very much: Merci beaucoup (or merci for just thanks)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
This is all you need, just to be polite. I had no issues but I was told these phrases are appreciated.

Hello (Good Day): Bonjour (Bonsoir for good evening but I never used it)

Excuse me: Excusez-moi or pardon (pardon seemed to be used the most)

Thank you very much: Merci beaucoup (or merci for just thanks)

@Texas84 pretty much covered it.

The only other one I’d add is “please”: s’il vous plait. You can also use it in a restaurant to get the attention of waitstaff.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Not really anymore but “Yo, mec” might ;) (I say this in complete jest - mec is slang for a guy, and I have a teenager at home so I here lots of slang.)

After 4 years of French in high school, I can speak the polite phrases (and a few not so polite ones), along with asking the time, saying my name - including the French version of my entire name - and, of course, asking where the restroom is. And for a beer. All the important things on a foreign country, lol.

Puis-je prendre une bière, s'il vous plaît?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
After 4 years of French in high school, I can speak the polite phrases (and a few not so polite ones), along with asking the time, saying my name - including the French version of my entire name - and, of course, asking where the restroom is. And for a beer. All the important things on a foreign country, lol.

Puis-je prendre une bière, s'il vous plaît?

You could also say « une pression, s’il vous plaît » (on tap)

RunningKoen

Looking forward to it! I promise to learn some rudimentary French between now and then! 😁

Well,I dont speak a lot of French either.

But I always have a great time with my sister playing around the with languages. The dutch word for 'stork' sounds a bit like 'au revoir' and a dutch profanity sounds a bit like 'bonjour' so we're always just shouting the bird name and the curse word and people think we're really polite with our greetings :)

Texas84

Well,I dont speak a lot of French either.

But I always have a great time with my sister playing around the with languages. The dutch word for 'stork' sounds a bit like 'au revoir' and a dutch profanity sounds a bit like 'bonjour' so we're always just shouting the bird name and the curse word and people think we're really polite with our greetings :)
When I worked in Rotterdam seemed like everyone spoke French. Is that less likely today?

FerretAfros

The races are cancelled again this year.

Given the way things have been trending lately, it's not a surprise that France won't be ready for this type of event this fall, so I'm glad they made the decision early, rather than waiting until the last minute. Even in Florida, which has some of the least-stringent requirements, I think it's unlikely that Disney will have in-person races in the next 12 months, given that they're really not practical with masks. Hopefully things will be close enough to normal in the second half of 2022 to allow the races to return.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Expected. Paris is on my rD bucket list. Maybe in a year or 2. I wonder if we should expect ANY announcement about FL runs?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom