News A Taste of EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival 2020

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Interesting addition. As our family of two teachers and a high school student really can't ever make it to the F&W Festival, we are looking forward to possibly taking advantage of some of these options. I assume the theory is that adding more locations to get food will help to thin out the reduced crowd better??

coachwnh

Interesting addition. As our family of two teachers and a high school student really can't ever make it to the F&W Festival, we are looking forward to possibly taking advantage of some of these options. I assume the theory is that adding more locations to get food will help to thin out the reduced crowd better??
Was thinking the same. Two teachers and two HS kids here. Really looking forward to this!

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Without hopping EPCOT is like the red headed step child and the last choice park for most. This will at least draw some people and make others feel better when they are "stuck" with only EPCOT.

Depending how it goes, I'm curious if they'd open hopping to only EPCOT to drive crowds to restaurants and shops in the evening.

TrainsOfDisney

As was mentioned in another thread - it’s great to hear the Jammitors and Mariachi are included in the festival!

I’m guessing voices will be included as well if/when they can reach an agreement with equity?

Perhaps Carol (Rose & crown piano) will be performing as well.

This is great news for me... I was getting a bit gloomy thinking if Disney cancelled all entertainment I wouldn’t even want to use my pass.

durangojim

This actually makes quite a bit of sense if not all the restaurants around the resort will be open. It spreads out guests and yet still gives them a reason to eat on property. Assuming they have admission to EPCOT.

durangojim

"Abbreviated" may not be the right word here..."extended" sounds like what they're doing.
They said this will be their longest festival ever on Twitter.
0B441291-5632-455D-BDA0-9A1543763CA5.jpeg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Abbreviated in content - length unknown, but at least throughs the fall.

Don't they limit it to 79 days such that a temporary kiosk doesn't become defined as 'permanent' for tax purposes?

Of course, they can just shift each kiosk one space to the right every 79 days.

Anyway, it was just something someone said. The 79th day is Oct 1 if that amounts to anything.

HauntedMansionFLA

Don't they limit it to 79 days such that a temporary kiosk doesn't become defined as 'permanent' for tax purposes?

Of course, they can just shift each kiosk one space to the right every 79 days.

Anyway, it was just something someone said. The 79th day is Oct 1 if that amounts to anything.
I thought it was under 90 days??? They could always start the holiday festival up earlier

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I thought it was under 90 days??? They could always start the holiday festival up earlier

Ya, know, that's probably right. Just checked. Garden Festival was scheduled for 89 days this year (obviously, it wasn't).

So, that takes us to Oct 11.

Then again, this is "A Taste" of Food and Wine. When they run out of the Garden merch and bring in the F&W merch, it may morph into just the regular F&W.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom