Spot holding on park rides - during and post COVID

NickMaio

Call like you did supposedly did hours before they open. Yeah, I'm sure you called. If you want to make up stories remember that the time you post something shows up along with your post. Your first post claiming you called this morning was so early I'm going to assume you live in the UK, just remember WDW is located in Florida and when you supposedly called people would only be waking up and getting ready for work.
7am to 11pm. Contact hours.
Look at my post time Sherlock.

Look at my previous posts. We DRIVE to WDW.
It's a tough drive from the UK but we do it anyway.🤔

G00fyDad

Lol. I love internet bravado.

Call it what you want but I do the same thing. You will not get past me in line. You can call it internet bravado but you don't know me. I have no issue going to the ground with someone that feels the need to put their hands on me. If your group cannot wait for you then you can go to the end of the line. If you leave the line to go to the restroom then sorry but you can go to the end of the line. I have zero tolerance for this because it is more of the "ME" culture that we see every day. It is all about what people can do for "ME". I have been to Disney (and many other theme parks, zoos, etc.) and I have never been such a jerk to get out of line and expect to get that spot back. I do not leave my family and expect them to hold that spot. Why? Because it is completely disrespectful to everyone else. Why is my time more important than other's? It isn't and neither is yours. We have become a nation of entitled spoiled snots and use phrases like "Who is it hurting?" or "It doesn't affect anyone so who cares?". Decent people that don't do that garbage are the ones that care. So yes, you may think it is people like me talking tough on the internet but you've never tried to walk past me in a line like this. ;)

NickMaio

Call it what you want but I do the same thing. You will not get past me in line. You can call it internet bravado but you don't know me. I have no issue going to the ground with someone that feels the need to put their hands on me. If your group cannot wait for you then you can go to the end of the line. If you leave the line to go to the restroom then sorry but you can go to the end of the line. I have zero tolerance for this because it is more of the "ME" culture that we see every day. It is all about what people can do for "ME". I have been to Disney (and many other theme parks, zoos, etc.) and I have never been such a jerk to get out of line and expect to get that spot back. I do not leave my family and expect them to hold that spot. Why? Because it is completely disrespectful to everyone else. Why is my time more important than other's? It isn't and neither is yours. We have become a nation of entitled spoiled snots and use phrases like "Who is it hurting?" or "It doesn't affect anyone so who cares?". Decent people that don't do that garbage are the ones that care. So yes, you may think it is people like me talking tough on the internet but you've never tried to walk past me in a line like this. ;)
Nice..another keyboard vigilante.
Keep it up big guy. Perpetuate that stereotype.

Disstevefan1

Everyone has always hated spot holding. Even the single person pushing through the queue to rejoin their family bothered me.

Now in the current COVID world, it’s not just about manners, it’s about safety and health.

To enforce social distancing you simply can’t have people squeezing past you in the queue, and no one wants to be that close to a stranger who may be spreading COVID!

This is going to get ugly...

thomas998

I called 1 407 939 5277 and spoke to two different people.
And no I'm not from the UK.
I suppose it's just a coincidence that the original post where you claimed to have called in the wee hours of the morning is now deleted, you wouldn't have been trying to remove the evidence of your little lie now would you? Well you tell me how you contacted Bob Chapek next?

Last edited:

G00fyDad

I suppose it's just a coincidence that the original post where you claimed to have called in the wee hours or the morning is now deleted, you wouldn't have been trying to remove the evidence of your little lie now would you? Well you tell me how you contacted Bob Chapek next?

Careful, NickMaio Social Justice Man might give you a stern talking to about your conversation here. You might even be called a "keyboard vigilante". :eek:

Who cares if he lied? :hilarious:

thomas998

Careful, NickMaio Social Justice Man might give you a stern talking to about your conversation here. You might even be called a "keyboard vigilante". :eek:

Who cares if he lied? :hilarious:
Yikes, if I get tagged as a vigilante I'll probably have to go into therapy... how would I ever face my friends and family anymore.

NickMaio

I suppose it's just a coincidence that the original post where you claimed to have called in the wee hours of the morning is now deleted, you wouldn't have been trying to remove the evidence of your little lie now would you? Well you tell me how you contacted Bob Chapek next?
No for a moment. I though my post was a little too forward....aggressively suggestive.
I wanted to rewrite it.
You jumped on it faster.

thomas998

No for a moment. I though my post was a little too forward....aggressively suggestive.
I wanted to rewrite it.
You jumped on it faster.
Dude, just have the guts to admit you made up the story and slink off... Don't keep spinning lie after lie to try and cover yourself. You sound like a 5 year old that got caught with cake crumbs on your mouth while trying to tell your mom you don't know who ate the cake. Just give it a rest, you're not fooling anyone but yourself.

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
I'm not sure if this is the thing to invest energy into arguing about. This all assumes we'll be privileged enough to go back to the days where we even have the ability to jump out of line. At this point I would just be happy having the parks back.

NickMaio

Dude, just have the guts to admit you made up the story and slink off... Don't keep spinning lie after lie to try and cover yourself. You sound like a 5 year old that got caught with cake crumbs on your mouth while trying to tell your mom you don't know who ate the cake. Just give it a rest, you're not fooling anyone but yourself.
Oh no, some angry, macho, overcompensating guy on the internet does not believe me......
I was curious, I called, I'm happy.

Raineman

I will never throw the first punch, so what I do will be self-defense. I'm not worried, is jumping in line worth it to you?
There is a big difference between people moving past you in line, and someone shoving you out of the way-if someone uses hard physical force to get through, then I can understand how you may want to react to that in a confrontational manner. However, acting on that anger is not a great idea, for the reasons I mentioned earlier, especially if there are kids or seniors nearby that could get hurt. But someone line jumping that doesn't even touch you or show any aggression towards you should not warrant a physical response. A few people getting back in line ahead of me doesn't affect me in the least, regardless of how rude or entitled it may be--another 5 minutes I have to wait to get on the ride is not a big deal.

G00fyDad

^^^ HA!! I told you he'd eventually call you a name @thomas998. Although I expected the Keyboard Vigilante. :hilarious: :hilarious: Please get back with us when the ER releases you from that wicked burn he gave you.

G00fyDad

There is a big difference between people moving past you in line, and someone shoving you out of the way-if someone uses hard physical force to get through, then I can understand how you may want to react to that in a confrontational manner. However, acting on that anger is not a great idea, for the reasons I mentioned earlier, especially if there are kids or seniors nearby that could get hurt. But someone line jumping that doesn't even touch you or show any aggression towards you should not warrant a physical response. A few people getting back in line ahead of me doesn't affect me in the least, regardless of how rude or entitled it may be--another 5 minutes I have to wait to get on the ride is not a big deal.

Never said I was going to get physical with someone that just wants to walk past me. I am not allowing it but I am not going to go hands on with them for it. Unless they touch me. As for it not being a big deal, it may not be a big deal to you but I am not going to allow it because it is a big deal to me. They may as well tell me "We do what we want and we don't care if it affects you." I don't go around disrespecting other people and I am not going to have someone doing it to me. I have stopped plenty of people from going past me and I will continue to do so in the future. Now, if that person wants to go out and around through other people to get past my area and catch up to their party (that should have waited for them anyway) then that is up to the other guests to do something about it. If they choose to allow it then so be it.

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
G00fydad: Thank you for not allowing people through. Honestly. Rarely have I ever seen instances where someone GETS OUT of line then comes back in. Nine times out of ten, maybe more, it's a group of people who were eating, shopping, wandering while one or two people held a spot in line for them. It really is entitlement, like they shouldn't have to wait the entire time. My young kids are even bothered by this and ask why people do it when I've never been vocal about it around them. It's just disrespectful. If my kid(s) can't handle standing in line they don't ride it.

I've helped people who have had legitimate issues, who have waited with everyone else and something unexpected happens. Sometimes a kid freaks out and a parent pops out to drop them with another caregiver so they can actually ride something. I feel for situations like that. If you don't have the time or patience to wait through the entire line though then don't. It's unfair to others who have to wait while you go shopping or finish eating. Wait for your entire party to be ready, period.

thomas998

Oh no, some angry, macho, overcompensating guy on the internet does not believe me......
I was curious, I called, I'm happy.
You claimed to have called before Disney was even open. You deleted that post when called out on it. You claimed there was nothing on the Disney site spelling out the rules, there are I gave you a direct quote. Keep babbling if it makes you feel good... you've already proven yourself to be a liar what more do you want to prove?

thomas998

The problem is it is a very common thing to have to deal with. 5 minutes here, 5 minutes there... Before long you've lost an hour to these self-entitled folks and over a long trip you could lose half a day if you did nothing about it. I'm not going to let myself get nickle and dimed out of hours because people can't play by the rules.

NickMaio

You claimed to have called before Disney was even open. You deleted that post when called out on it. You claimed there was nothing on the Disney site spelling out the rules, there are I gave you a direct quote. Keep babbling if it makes you feel good... you've already proven yourself to be a liar what more do you want to prove?
Can you tell time?
Look at when you replied to my post. 7:30. You replied just after I posted.
They open at 7..... let's use some subtraction now

Then you tried to come up with all these reasons why I could not have called.
I could not find it online so I called. Plain and simple. Did you call? Nope.....or perhaps you did and they told you the same thing they told me.
There is flexibility in this rule.
It seems flexibility is something you are a little short on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom