Spot holding on park rides - during and post COVID

jg32268

Original Poster
Just curious, if Disney will finally stop allowing place holding on ride lines. I'm sure many visitors have experience the displeasure of a person or group pushing their way up the line in order to catch up to a person(s) holding a place. Definitely not a good way to practice social distancing when you have a group pushing through. Just wondering what others think on this.

DVCakaCarlF

Before, during, and after covid19, “spot holding” is a unforgivable sin. Its rude, obnoxious, and disrespectful. You could take a dump in the middle of the line and it wouldn’t be as bad as spot holding.

That is, unless you let people walk past you, if your party wasn’t there yet; otherwise, unforgivable!

thomas998

Just curious, if Disney will finally stop allowing place holding on ride lines. I'm sure many visitors have experience the displeasure of a person or group pushing their way up the line in order to catch up to a person(s) holding a place. Definitely not a good way to practice social distancing when you have a group pushing through. Just wondering what others think on this.
I blocked them before the virus and I'll block them now as well. In a perfect world God on high would send a bolt of lightning down and strike dead anyone that tried to do this because it isn't allowed and has never been allowed it is just one of the many things Disney ignores to avoid upsetting the line jumping idiot.

AndyS2992

It's never been allowed. As mentioned already, cast members can't be bothered to deal with causing a scene so turn a blind eye.

JIMINYCR

It's not that they "allow" this type of behavior.. It's more along the lines of the small waged cast members not caring enough to bother with them. Speaking from personal experience.
It's never been allowed. As mentioned already, cast members can't be bothered to deal with causing a scene so turn a blind eye.
i have always blocked the way, stood my ground and refused passing. CM's have in the past voiced their desire to confront unruly or rule breaking guests but reported that most who have done so have been written up and/ or reprimanded by their supervisors. Over the top behavior which calls for security is fine, but if you dont want repercussions you dont make waves over minor line jumping.

Phonedave

In my opinion, there are legitimate reasons for a person (or two) to leave a line and come back. Using the bathroom is the main one that springs to mind. There are a lot of kids at WDW, as well as adults that have incontinence, IBS, or other issues. Couple that with long lines and sometimes you do need to relieve yourself. Also, if a diaper aged kid decides to let go while in line, I would much rather the parents leave the line to change the child in a bathroom and then come back, than change the kid in line.

What I do not think is a legitimate reason is when one person gets on line while the other 5 people in their party shop, rest, eat, or go on an other attraction. Then when they get near the front they call, and the other 5 push through.

I think part of the reason that it is not enforced is it is difficult to differentiate between the "I have been on line for 45 minutes and my kid just loaded his diaper" scenario as compared to the "I didn't feel like waiting in line, so I had one of my family hold a spot for me"

cmwade77

In my opinion, there are legitimate reasons for a person (or two) to leave a line and come back. Using the bathroom is the main one that springs to mind. There are a lot of kids at WDW, as well as adults that have incontinence, IBS, or other issues. Couple that with long lines and sometimes you do need to relieve yourself. Also, if a diaper aged kid decides to let go while in line, I would much rather the parents leave the line to change the child in a bathroom and then come back, than change the kid in line.

What I do not think is a legitimate reason is when one person gets on line while the other 5 people in their party shop, rest, eat, or go on an other attraction. Then when they get near the front they call, and the other 5 push through.

I think part of the reason that it is not enforced is it is difficult to differentiate between the "I have been on line for 45 minutes and my kid just loaded his diaper" scenario as compared to the "I didn't feel like waiting in line, so I had one of my family hold a spot for me"
Right, but I think the virtual queues will hopefully reduce a lot of these issues.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
i have always blocked the way, stood my ground and refused passing. CM's have in the past voiced their desire to confront unruly or rule breaking guests but reported that most who have done so have been written up and/ or reprimanded by their supervisors. Over the top behavior which calls for security is fine, but if you dont want repercussions you dont make waves over minor line jumping.
This. 👍🏻 Management doesn’t care about their employees. They care about guest satisfaction, and their land/attraction ratings.

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
Before, during, and after covid19, “spot holding” is a unforgivable sin. Its rude, obnoxious, and disrespectful. You could take a dump in the middle of the line and it wouldn’t be as bad as spot holding.
🙌🙌🙌🙌

For those who don't know - depending on your position in line (and depending on the ride) you can ask a CM if you can receive paper fast passes in an emergency. I've had to do this on frozen ever after and toy story mania due to kids having bathroom emergencies. They're usually very nice and accommodating about it.

Prince-1

I blocked them before the virus and I'll block them now as well. In a perfect world God on high would send a bolt of lightning down and strike dead anyone that tried to do this because it isn't allowed and has never been allowed it is just one of the many things Disney ignores to avoid upsetting the line jumping idiot.

Lol. Hyperbole much?? 😄

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

🙌🙌🙌🙌

For those who don't know - depending on your position in line (and depending on the ride) you can ask a CM if you can receive paper fast passes in an emergency. I've had to do this on frozen ever after and toy story mania due to kids having bathroom emergencies. They're usually very nice and accommodating about it.
I’m sure releasing this information to the public will not have any consequences regarding people taking advantage of the system at all.

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
I’m sure releasing this information to the public will not have any consequences regarding people taking advantage of the system at all.

The amount of people on this forum who will actively be at the parks is such a small number that I doubt it would make a significant impact. People still have to wait in line and be reasonably close to getting on the ride for CM's to give it to them. And it has to be the entire party. They're not going to give a group of two people four fast passes.

WondersOfLife

The amount of people on this forum who will actively be at the parks is such a small number that I doubt it would make a significant impact. People still have to wait in line and be reasonably close to getting on the ride for CM's to give it to them. And it has to be the entire party. They're not going to give a group of two people four fast passes.
It only takes one group for it to be unfair TBH.

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
It only takes one group for it to be unfair TBH.
As I said, they have to wait and be close to the actual ride to get it.

There's nothing to take advantage of. If they got it near the ride entrance (not queue entrance), they would spend more time getting out of line and going back through the fast pass line to get on vs just waiting a few min at the point where they already were. It would possibly take even longer depending on the time of day and how many fast passes had been distributed.

Club Cooloholic

The worst is the other guests that maybe are walking along a little ahead or behind your family who then run ahead to get in line ahead of a few groups, then stand there with you right behind them yelling for their grandma or their wife to catch up. Its rude to me as the guest you want them to skip ahead of, but even ruder to the family members that they find aren't worth waiting for at the entrance, and instead would rather beat 4 folks in the line.

thomas998

There is no legitimate reason. If you can't hold your business wear a diaper. It isn't as if you don't know that a line is going to 90 minutes long, and if you are sick and need frequent trips to a restroom then stay home and stop trying to expose everyone else in the world to whatever virus is causing you problems. IBS isn't even a valid excuse because when you have IBS you know what is going to set it off, so avoid those things when you know you're going to be standing a line and you probably already know about using a diaper. If they enforced it with zero tolerance it wouldn't be a problem. The real problem is when they make exceptions for anyone it gives an example of others not to follow the rules and then others follow that example.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom