Construction restarted at Walt Disney World Resort - What is Actually still on

huwar18

It’s hard to believe they are canceling Reflections. DVC is a big money maker for Disney. I can only imagine what else is getting cut.

Den Carter

On the Epcot construction (assuming Disney PR will be reluctant to release any remotely 'negative' news) I think our biggest clue as to the extent of the cancellations can be judged on whether the Epcot Experience reopens, is edited, or closed entirely. My guess is the latter, but I sincerely hope not.

TrojanUSC

On the Epcot construction (assuming Disney PR will be reluctant to release any remotely 'negative' news) I think our biggest clue as to the extent of the cancellations can be judged on whether the Epcot Experience reopens, is edited, or closed entirely. My guess is the latter, but I sincerely hope not.

Have they ever outright announced a cancellation of a project? Usually just dies in the ether (see: Hyperion Wharf, Beastly Kingdom)

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Given that it’s an indoor exhibit not fit for appropriate social Distancing, combined with it not selling anything, I don’t expect it to reopen soon either way.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Guest facing
That’s interesting, my last trip was in September just before it opened as Epcot Experience. At the time it was just bathrooms and baby center. It doesn’t show as dining on the MDE map so I didn’t realized that had been (re)added.

Lilofan

I don't think a recession would be a good time to sell timeshare units.
Isn't there a saying in Wall Street , buy low, sell high? When environments are in distressed situations, that's when the savvy investors look to buy a cheaper prices. Some I knew bought real estate at very cheap prices shortly after the 2009 recession.

nickys

Premium Member
Isn't there a saying in Wall Street , buy low, sell high? When environments are in distressed situations, that's when the savvy investors look to buy a cheaper prices. Some I knew bought real estate at very cheap prices shortly after the 2009 recession.
Yes, but that would be the resale market. Last time round, there were some who bought hundreds of points, thousands even, at very low prices.
DVC aren’t going to sell many contracts at the full price in a recession.

Nubs70

We received word project 89 is cancelled crews have been seen onsite removing the rebar and concrete from this project.
By "removing rebate and concrete" are we talking"

Cleaning up the job site and mothballed work already done?

Or

Jackhammer and bulldozer, returning the site to an unimproved condition?

nickys

Premium Member
By "removing rebate and concrete" are we talking"

Cleaning up the job site and mothballed work already done?

Or

Jackhammer and bulldozer, returning the site to an unimproved condition?
I would assume a clean up.
That way they can reseed the area, leave it be for a couple of years and then decide what to do with it. I doubt very much this is the end to all future plans for the site, they have it ready and prepped to start again, whether with the existing plans (hopefully not) or something else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom