Percy Jackson live-action TV series coming to Disney Plus!

Disneyhead'71

Tom Sawyer Island could becomes Camp Half-Blood. There would be no rides in the land. It would be an immersive LARPing kind of land like Forbidden Frontiers at Cedar Point and the Evermore park in Utah.

Lintemuthstudios

Original Poster
Tom Sawyer Island could becomes Camp Half-Blood. There would be no rides in the land. It would be an immersive LARPing kind of land like Forbidden Frontiers at Cedar Point and the Evermore park in Utah.

That would be okay, but it would be really disappointing to not have a water ride built for the land. Like, that's the most obvious ride choice ever.

Phicinfan

Fifth grade comebacks must be your thing lol. It’s ok, it was a good attempt.👍

I‘m sure the people that will be hired for the tv show will be academy award level caliber actors lol.
So... you can snark, but not me? Wow.
No I don't expect them to get academy award winners, just someone who can actually act and show emotion would be fine with me.

Letteyeti

Okay maybe actors that can actually act well? Neither was stellar in the movies, and neither has done very much else that makes them any more...Stellar?
I am not going to say that the movies were good because they weren't, but Logan Lerman in The Perks of Being A Wallflower was awesome. If you haven't seen the movie it also has Emma Watson in it and another awesome performance by Ezra Miller.

Phicinfan

I am not going to say that the movies were good because they weren't, but Logan Lerman in The Perks of Being A Wallflower was awesome. If you haven't seen the movie it also has Emma Watson in it and another awesome performance by Ezra Miller.
No, haven't seen it. Did see him in the latest version of the three musketeers and he was so bad it was painful to watch. Actually the whole movie was bad, which is shocking considering all the star power it had.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Well, that director's in for an education. It's called "the volume," not "the rig." ;)

And when you use The Volume, you do so only after extensive "pre-vis" in which the film is not only story-boarded, but is pre-visualized in a CGI environment shot by shot wherein the director not only has fight scenes and stunts mapped out a year ahead of time (usually with mo-capped stunt actors) but every scene is pre-visualized so that the CGI team can create the fully rendered environment for the day of filming, but then also be able to add all the CGI bits in post. Filming is then just capturing the acting while the blocking and film direction follow the pre-vis script.

At least, that's how Mandalorian did it. It's hopeful to know that there will be some hand-holding going on here if he gets to use The Volume.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom