Big air travel shake-up for UK visitors flying to Orlando

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Flew both upstairs and downstairs and absolutely loved the excitement of seeing it. Telling my little one the place was a double decker made the journey a touch more adventurous !
Indeed, the 747 was an amazing plane a real experience - particularly with the double deck aspect. Much like losing Concorde, another classic is gone.

SkylorMatthew

Unfortunately for those who come to Orlando from the United Kingdom must quarantine for 2 weeks and then when they head back to the UK, they must quarantine again for 2 weeks. Until this is lifted, not many people are going to be coming. Expect the airlines to adjust their schedules until these travel bans and quarantines are lifted.

Andy_0410

Loved flying in this plane upstairs and downstairs feels odd that I still have a reservation for upstairs but not heard anything off Virginfor September departure

nickys

Premium Member
Loved flying in this plane upstairs and downstairs feels odd that I still have a reservation for upstairs but not heard anything off Virginfor September departure
They’ve only just announced that scheduled flights will restart from July 20th As yet there is no word on when UK visitors will be allowed into the US. Until that announcement, Virgin can’t really do anything.

Jon81uk

Unfortunately for those who come to Orlando from the United Kingdom must quarantine for 2 weeks and then when they head back to the UK, they must quarantine again for 2 weeks. Until this is lifted, not many people are going to be coming. Expect the airlines to adjust their schedules until these travel bans and quarantines are lifted.

Its even simpler than that, at the moment the USA is not allowing people who have visited the UK, Ireland or the EU Schengen zone to enter the country, unless they are a US citizen (or some visa holders) if you are allowed in then you need to quarantine for 14 days. So by default you cannot travel and only if you can then you need to quarantine.

Rob562

Strangely though, the flights they had booked in July were close on full according to the seat map. 🤷🏻‍♂️

There's talk of the E.U. instituting a travel ban on travelers from the U.S. on July 1. I don't know what that would do to UK or EU citizens travelling to/from the U.S. Perhaps that impending restriction is factoring into their calculations.

-Rob

Q_Division

We're not due to go until Sept. but I'm now wondering if we call time on this year's trip :(

At the moment we can cancel everything bar the flights but if we wait until Aug. 24th it becomes a lot harder.

Q_Division

Virgin Holidays have apparently started offering refunds through to the end of October. No idea what that does to the load on a VS flight (assuming we're allowed in).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom